Bryz the Sieve strikes again...

This guy...

I swear, does LAvvy have to tie him up in the net like Emilio Estevez did to Goldberg in the Mighty Ducks?!

Luckily for Bryz, once his NHL career is over (which is hopefully sooner rather than later) he can always find a job in the adult film industry, Seems fitting for someone who is down on their knees so often.

This guy...

I swear, does LAvvy have to tie him up in the net like Emilio Estevez did to Goldberg in the Mighty Ducks?!

Luckily for Bryz, once his NHL career is over (which is hopefully sooner rather than later) he can always find a job in the adult film industry, Seems fitting for someone who is down on their knees so often.

Another win for Bryz. Complain all you want, but he's one of the biggest reasons they even have a sniff of the playoffs.

• Like 2

Technically yes, it shows up on the stat sheet that way. Bryz didn't play well though. Again.

But he has played more than any other goalie in the league and just played b2b games....I don't mind giving him some slack.

2pts and a win is what matters

• Like 1

Bryz literally wanted that workload, including the back to backs. His choice. I'm through with that moron. Tossing water bottles, ducking under pucks going in, and kicking a rebound out to a shooter 10 feet away for a goal - all in the last week! F him, I want him out.

• Like 1

But he has played more than any other goalie in the league and just played b2b games....I don't mind giving him some slack.

Well it was not as disheartening as his turtle impression yesterday............The team is winning and that always makes things better.

same old complaining bs. blah blah blah blah *****g blah. the fact is, you're only going to win games if you outscore your opponent. when people facetiously say we would have even run brodeur out of town, they're probably right.

• Like 1

Another win for Bryz. Complain all you want, but he's one of the biggest reasons they even have a sniff of the playoffs.

.899 sv pctg and a 2.82 gaa? The defence is bad, but Bryz is not the reason the team has a sniff. Look at what Bobs (sigh) is doing in Columbus!!!

same old complaining bs. blah blah blah blah *****g blah. the fact is, you're only going to win games if you outscore your opponent. when people facetiously say we would have even run brodeur out of town, they're probably right.

If he let in as many soft goals as Bryz has, you are damn straight...........

• Like 1

.899 sv pctg and a 2.82 gaa? The defence is bad, but Bryz is not the reason the team has a sniff. Look at what Bobs (sigh) is doing in Columbus!!!

1. Bob has nothing to do with what Bryz and the Flyers have done this season. 2. I have no idea what you were watching if you don't think Bryz was the best, or at worst second best, Flyer of the first half of the season.

• Like 1

. I have no idea what you were watching if you don't think Bryz was the best, or at worst second best, Flyer of the first half of the season.

Fair, because I gave up in February. The first in my life I gave up on a team / league. Your point is valid because I do not know.

That said, I still really wanted Bobs to be our goalie. Cheaper and more skilled than Breezy.

Shocked that Mason didn't get the start last night. Thought that was why they got him in the first place (to lighten Bryz's work load).

Shocked that Mason didn't get the start last night. Thought that was why they got him in the first place (to lighten Bryz's work load).

--- let the guy practice w/ the squad first... although, with this defense, I am not sure it will help anyway. Look, I agree that Bryz played well (not great) the first half of the season but do you think he played to the level of his ridiculous contract?

--- let the guy practice w/ the squad first... although, with this defense, I am not sure it will help anyway. Look, I agree that Bryz played well (not great) the first half of the season but do you think he played to the level of his ridiculous contract?

Of course not, but I'd really like to see how he'd play with a solid D in front of him.

How many elite goalies are there in the NHL who don't play for a team with a solid defense/defensive system in front of them? I can't think of a single one. Not Rinne, not Quick, not Hiller, not Brodeur. Nobody. (And no, I'm not equating Bryz to any of them.)

I still want Bernier brought in here this offseason. He's a real franchise goalie just waiting to happen.

I'd just like to point out that even though this is a Bryz the sieve thread and that he looked like a complete idiot multiple times last night that I still hadn't posted here until now. That my friends is willpower!

I know this is incredibly unscientific, but I went back to look at the stats. If you break the season "in half" by months, you get something like this: January and February (1st half), March and April (2nd half). Not exactly even, but bear with me. Total games played in Jan and Feb was 22. Total games played in Mar and Apr so far is 15. All told, 37 games played. Again, not really half, but close. Kinda. I know I'm taking some liberties in my definition of half.

Now look at the stats for these "halves":

The offense scored 14 goals in January over 7 games played and 50 goals in February over 15 games played. That's a total of 64 goals over 22 games in the first "half" of the season. Not bad.

Now for the second "half". The offense scored 30 goals in March over 13 games and has scored 10 goals so far in April in just 2 games. This is a total of 40 goals scored in 15 games -- 7 fewer games than the first "half". And probably on pace for more than what was scored in the first "half" when we hit 22 games in my version of the second half.

What this tells me about the offense is that it wasn't half bad.....both in the first half of the season and the second. It could have been a lot better, but the two halves were, or will be, comparable with the second half being slightly better.

Now look at the goaltending stats for my halves: Bryz played 20 games in January and February, 6 games and 14 games, respectively. His GAA was 2.19 over 6 games in January and 2.92 over 14 games in February. His save % was .924 and .892, respectively. He let in a total of 13 goals in Janaury and 38 goals in February. As an aside, Bouch played 3 games in February and psoted a .898 save % and a 2.48 GAA.

For the second half of Bryz's season (March and April), he's played 15 games, 13 in March and 2 in April. His GAA was 2.99 in March and 3.00 in April. His save % was .897 and .867 in April. He let in 38 goals in March and has let in 6 so far in April.

While these numbers demonstrate that his play hasn't been improving, it hasn't really tanked either. His goals against, on a monthly basis has been getting worse, so his play was better the first half of the season - but not to any great degree. He did let in more goals in the first half than so far in the second half, but we have played 7 fewer games to date. His save percentage has been high, then low, crept up, and then fallen again.

So, he's been pretty consistently mediocre. The offense did give him 64 goals too in the first "half" of the season. Did he carry the team or did those 64 goals carry him? I'm not sure this suggests to me that he played so well that he carried the team in the first half of the season. It definitely demonstrates that he isn't playing up to the level of his contract and what was expected.

@AndyS "Of course not, but I'd really like to see how he'd play with a solid D in front of him."

Would the defense have helped out Bryz when he ducked like a little girl the other day? Funny, the national media laughs at him, a LOT of fans here laugh at him, but a handful of posters here see something that nobody else does.....odd.

• Like 2

I'm trying to remember if I've ever seen a player get laughed AT so much. Not with, but AT. He is the clumsiest, slowest, awkward, least talented, weirdest superstar* I've ever seen. And I agree, I really don't see what some do in the guy. I think it's just blind faith cause he's a Flyer.

* OK,I'm really reaching there