As of this morning we have the 6th

pensuck

I think the Flyers' brass clearly needs to go out and have a nice lunch somewhere to discuss the rest of the season

That said, what forward position are they going to trade whatever defenseman they draft for when they inevitably are "disappointed" in him for not being Nik Lidstrom at 22?

:ph34r:

That said, what forward position are they going to trade whatever defenseman they draft for when they inevitably are "disappointed" in him for not being Nik Lidstrom at 22?

They will trade said defenseman for a past his prime power forward named JVR.

• Like 1

this team needs a offensive defensemen in a worse way because timmon will probably retire at the end of next season and lack of shoot from defense will hurt this team even more on 5-5.

it's worse now, we lost carle, mab, that's why this team cant score on 5-5.

Edited by toughfighter83

You guys should be excited! With a win tonight you can jump Buffalo for 11th place! Let's go Flyers!! (joins @B21's chanting)

I don't think you guys really understand how this thing works. Obviously you've never experienced your team "tanking" before... :ph34r:

I think the Flyers' brass clearly needs to go out and have a nice lunch somewhere to discuss the rest of the season

:ph34r:

You really think Holmgren is going to turn over a new leaf and be that patient?

I don't think you guys really understand how this thing works. Obviously you've never experienced your team "tanking" before... :ph34r:

It happened once in 1983... I was 13 and don't think I really understood it. I'm very fortunate though that a lot of Flyers fans here have told me how shameful it is and disgusting. It taught me to be happy that ownership and management group are no longer here. So I know no Flyers fan would ever "not be upset if we lost". Especially since there's no apparent "generational talent" like a Lemieux this year to tank for. So understanding all this... I'm throwing my support behind you guys 1000%! For my fellow hockey fans! GO FLYERS!!!

Pick in the draft. A win tonight could really mess that up. :)

The difference between the Flyers, and other organizations, is Homer isn't afraid to do what it takes to move up and get who they want. The only problem with that is, He might trade up and take a forward :angry:

this team needs a offensive defensemen in a worse way because timmon will probably retire at the end of next season and lack of shoot from defense will hurt this team even more on 5-5.

it's worse now, we lost carle, mab, that's why this team cant score on 5-5.

If only there was a puck moving defenseman entering his prime that we could... oh wait... we had one and decided to throw a 14 year offer sheet at Weber instead of taking care of our own.

Carle provided a nice offensive touch to our blueline, never had a minus season, and is only now entering his prime (28 years old). He's having a nice season in Tampa.

Homer completely bungled last offseason. Like many of you, I have no faith that he will perform any better this offseason.

• Like 1

The difference between the Flyers, and other organizations, is Homer isn't afraid to do what it takes to move up and get who they want. The only problem with that is, He might trade up and take a forward :angry:

Huh? I recall trading out of the first round completely 4 times in his 6 years.(we have 3rd rounder small D prospect Shayne Gostibehere to show for those 4 first round picks) We traded two of our centers away for packages that included 1st round picks.I don't ever recall him trading up on our pick.

Edited by flyercanuck

I'm not putting Carle in the same class as Letang... But regardless of sentiments he was a better puck carrier and breakout guy than Timonen last year by a bit. You see the impact Letang has on our lineup, and you're seeing the impact Carle had on yours. Your offense can't score so often if they have to coil back to their own goal to get the puck. Your rushes lose that extra man, which means less options, less speed, and fewer chances.

I'm not putting Carle in the same class as Letang... But regardless of sentiments he was a better puck carrier and breakout guy than Timonen last year by a bit. You see the impact Letang has on our lineup, and you're seeing the impact Carle had on yours. Your offense can't score so often if they have to coil back to their own goal to get the puck. Your rushes lose that extra man, which means less options, less speed, and fewer chances.

How he compares to Timonen is really beside the point. He provided something that Homer was and is looking for... except that we already had it with Carle. And I don't want to compare Carle to Weber, but purely from an offensive standpoint, Weber has 23 points this season and Carle has 20. I know Weber has a much more complete game and is a true #1, something Carle will probably never be.

But if you look at what Carle got ($5.5M), it's in the same neighbourhood as Wisniewski, Myers, Wideman, Yandle, Burns, Keith, Paul Martin, etc. Some are better than Carle, some are worse. So his salary demands are right where they should be.

Homer is a guy that will probably not re-sign Gagne, and then try everything in his power during the offseason to "pick up a good, solid, two-way forward for the 2/3 line."

Huh? I recall trading out of the first round completely 4 times in his 6 years.(we have 3rd rounder small D prospect Shayne Gostibehere to show for those 4 first round picks) We traded two of our centers away for packages that included 1st round picks.I don't ever recall him trading up on our pick.

Never said he did. I said he's not afraid to trade up, down or sideways

Prolly get us nurse. Huge upside.

This is the guy I want. Big, excellent skater, physical. He still is a little raw but has the upside to be a physical franchise defenseman this team needs.

Not to make the comparison but my fear is finishing ahead of the Devils and having the Devils take him before us and being a thorn in our side the next 10 years.