• Canadiens in 4
    • Canadiens in 5
    • Canadiens in 6
    • Canadiens in 7
    • Senators in 4
    • Senators in 5
    • Senators in 6
    • Senators in 7

An upset here. How far can Anderson take the Sens?

That is a good question. Anderson and the Senators are like the Marty Brodeur and the Devils of past. They play a tight defensive battle and score just enough to win. I doubt I giving the Canadiens enough credit for their successful season, but this matchup is going to be an interesting one to watch.

Sens are primed for an upset. The Habs and Bruins stumbled and bumbled down the stretch like neither wanted to win the division title, the Sens are healthy and can pull this one out if the Canadiens don't get their defensive problems under control.

This one is gonna be a barn burner. I didn't even think the Habs were going to make the playoffs, and yes they stumbled at the end but I think they find their step. The return of Karlsson is a big boost for the Sens and Anderson is playing some stellar goal but they just don't possess enough offense to get them out of the first round. Montreal in 7.

• Like 1

Eller taken off the ice on a stretcher after this brutal hit by Eric Gryba. Is it worthy of a suspension? Eller received facial injuries including a broken nose, missing teeth and a concussion.

Gryba chould have lined up the hit better towards eller's body. This seems a bit of a blind hit targeting the head imo.

@hf101

Don't think that there will be a suspension. For suspension, Shanny will have to say that the head was "targeted". Gryba,is leaning with his knees bent for the hit with his shoulders probably 10-12 inches LOWER than normal, you target the chest that way, not the head. I think Gryba is going for the chest, but Eller it gets just as low reaching for the puck. Can't even tell if the head was the primary point of contact.

• Like 2

Gryba, 6'4" and 230 lbs vs Ellers 6'2" 209 lbs ( generous numbers when watching the tape). Gryba did not target the head and tried extremely hard to lower his mass to make a shoulder to chest hit. nossagog hit it on the head with Ellers bending forward for the puck lowered his head into the zone. The puck was right there so I am not even sure it would have been a penalty except for the screaming Montreal fans....and the face plant and blood on the ice might have some influence on the call too.....Vicious hit, yes. Malicious hit, not in my eyes.

Edited by flyerrod

Dumb outlet pass though.

Dumb is being nice. That was flat-out a suicide pass...my 16 year old son plays D and he couldn't believe that pass was made.

I don't think the hit was dirty...I think most of the injuries are a result of the impact with ice. I also think there's a suspension coming--simply because it's the new NHL.

Disciplinary hearing though scheduled for today. I still think this is one of those blind hits that appears to hit the head as a first point of contact. It looks to me as if he was knocked out prior to falling on the ice. Eller didn't seem to brace himself for the fall to the ice.

Wow what a game tonight. The Senators demoralized the Habs, Subban and Plekanic (Among others) completely lost their cool, Mclean just kept standing there with a huge grin under his walrus mustache, A LINE FIGHT!!!!! Wow that takes me back, reminded me of the Avalanche and Wings rivalry. Watching White do a dirty slash and Cowen beating the living hell out of him for it, Neil destroyed Moen, Smith was a monster, unreal. Oh yeah, they played a bit of hockey, the Senators won that too, by a score of 6-1. If le habitats do not get it together Tuesday, this series is over. One minor quibble, Kyle Turris got jumped by Subban and just flopped over, he got slashed and took it, at the end of the game Josh Gorges fired a puck at him and he took it. Is there a softer player in the game then Turris? Even little Conacher was out there scrapping but Turris just literally looked like he was looking for a place to hide most of the night. WOW WHAT A FUN GAME!! G'nite.

@Broadway Blue

Welcome to HF! I agree I thought the Habs have been over achievers all year. What's going on with your Rangers? I have Lunqvist in my fantasy pool. I think some of the moves in the off season have really hurt you guys. Lost alot of team character guys. Anyway welcome to HockeyForums! Enjoy posting! Hope to see more post from ya. We need a couple of Ranger fans on here.