Has it been said lately? Tim Thomas....

Guest AMMOnation

Will be a free agent come July 1st, don't believe he has made any indications he is retired. Sitting out was all politics and the Bruins.

Flyers I am sure will want to buy-out Bryz and find a veteran goalie to platoon with Mason as insurance.

Hell he'd love Philly, Snider is a republican and so is he... ha ha ha

• Like 1

No. There's already one egomaniacal cluster**** in net, why replace him with another?

Well at least the "another" has the skills to stop the puck......Not that I am canvassing for Thomas but he would be better signed to a 1 year contract than Bryz for 7 more.......

No. There's already one egomaniacal cluster**** in net, why replace him with another?

Because he is 39... Close to retirement... Won't command a large/long contract...

Oh yea, he won the Stanley Cup 2 years ago... Posted 2.36 gaa .920 sv in 2012.

Can steal a game...

Probably a good mentor for a young, english-speaking goalie. (See Rask)

Just a few reasons.

Edited by AMMOnation

He played behind the Bs tremendous defense, where forechecking is optional and scoring is known to taper off. He's good, but his chest protector is about the same size as the opening to the goal.

Also, I don't trust Homer to sign anyone to a reasonable contract.

• Like 1

No way.... 100% with doom on this. I rather keep the Bryzaster for one more year than deal with thomas. And he is not coming back on the cheap...

So 2 more seasons down the line, when you feel that same about Bryz and he hasn't produced you buying him out and taking the cap hit then? What about when its time to re-sign the kids, wheres that cap space coming from?

That 5 million dollar goalie is playing like a 2 million dollar goalie.. recipe for disaster.

You team up Mason with a PROVEN veteran and give him a year to see what he can do.

So 2 more seasons down the line, when you feel that same about Bryz and he hasn't produced you buying him out and taking the cap hit then? What about when its time to re-sign the kids, wheres that cap space coming from?

That 5 million dollar goalie is playing like a 2 million dollar goalie.. recipe for disaster.

You team up Mason with a PROVEN veteran and give him a year to see what he can do.

No one said i want bryz here past next yr dude. I want him gone this year but honestly want no parts of a guy that sat out a year, is old and is another headcase himself...

you can buy bryz out after next season too without a cap hit. If he is here past next season then he cant be bought out.

Edited by murraycraven

Will be a free agent come July 1st, don't believe he has made any indications he is retired. Sitting out was all politics and the Bruins.

Flyers I am sure will want to buy-out Bryz and find a veteran goalie to platoon with Mason as insurance.

He'd be a very capable back-up to Mason. It's a win-win!

He'd be cheaper and can actually play goal.

thing is, Thomas has that hasek thing going on where he is a technical disaster, but has gotten the job done through athleticism, uncanny instincts, and sheer willpower. which, well, it worked. but. as the athleticism starts to go, his head stops being squarely on the game and his career...there are no fundamentals to fall back on. everything in the way Thomas plays the position says to me that one day it won't work anymore, and it won't work to a spectacular degree. i'd be too afraid that "one day" is sometime next week to want him anywhere near the flyers.

• Like 2

Probably a good mentor for a young, english-speaking goalie. (See Rask)

Not what I heard. He's more like Ed Balfour; not well liked, seen as an eccentric loner (this is the guy who shunned the White House invite) and respected for his play alone. Not a mentor and not someone who should be allowed near Mason.

thing is, Thomas has that hasek thing going on where he is a technical disaster, but has gotten the job done through athleticism, uncanny instincts, and sheer willpower. which, well, it worked. but. as the athleticism starts to go, his head stops being squarely on the game and his career...there are no fundamentals to fall back on. everything in the way Thomas plays the position says to me that one day it won't work anymore, and it won't work to a spectacular degree. i'd be too afraid that "one day" is sometime next week to want him anywhere near the flyers.

This is the book on him. In 2011 he was a disaster and the B's couldn't give him away. Pass.

Well, this "disaster" also happened to be an MVP on the Stanley Cup winning team.

I would serioulsy explore this. I just can't imagine how Thomas at a reasonable price and reasonable length of contract could not be better than Bryz.

Well, this "disaster" also happened to be an MVP on the Stanley Cup winning team.

I would serioulsy explore this. I just can't imagine how Thomas at a reasonable price and reasonable length of contract could not be better than Bryz.

Maybe a tryout, and more if earned, but I am really hesitant. I think the Flyers need to bring the team closer together, and outliers like Thomas will disrupt it.

He's also ancient...

• Like 1

Given the choice between Bryz and his contract or Thomas on a 1 or 2 year deal, I'll take the latter. Throw in a younger goalie with some promise and I'll take that route. Who? Well we've been debating this for 30 years until we got, then discarded Bob.

• Like 1

why do assume he's a republican because he wanted nothing to do with that clown called president?

I wouldn't meed with the president either

and im not a democrat or a republican

Thomas is a right wing republican and as Jack said it is pretty well known... now that we have that established can we move on from the political BS and talk hockey?

Pods... I am an aardvark... I often coach my Bantam and Midget Teams while wearing this costume on the ice :o

armadillo.jpg

Edited by murraycraven
  • Like 1

Throw in a younger goalie with some promise and I'll take that route. Who? Well we've been debating this for 30 years until we got, then discarded Bob.

ahhhhhh...ughgggghhhhh... would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad and true