Flyer interest if Avs trade 1st overall?

brelic

I know this topic could be in the Avs forum, but I don't care about the Avs. I care about how this relates to the Flyers. So I'm sticking it here :P

http://www.cbssports...ading-no-1-pick

According to Renaud Lavoie of RDS, Roy told Avalanche president of hockey operations Joe Sakic on Tuesday that the team has to study the possibility of trading the No. 1 overall pick in next month's draft. The Avalanche, owners of the second-worst record in hockey during the regular season, won the draft lottery a couple of weeks ago and moved up to the top spot.

During an interview on NHL Network, Roy said that it is possible the team could trade the pick and that it is something they've discussed.

It doesn't mean they want to trade it, but I'm sure if the right offer came along, they would do it.

A) Would you try to get that pick from Colorado?

B) What would you give to get it?

I know this topic could be in the Avs forum, but I don't care about the Avs. I care about how this relates to the Flyers. So I'm sticking it here :P

http://www.cbssports...ading-no-1-pick

It doesn't mean they want to trade it, but I'm sure if the right offer came along, they would do it.

A) Would you try to get that pick from Colorado?

I wouldn' be happy with it but if they insist Gervais is part of the package I guess we could include him!

B) What would you give to get it?

@brelic

A: Yes if I were in the captains chair I would try and trade up

B: Scott Hartnell, 2013 1st, Sean Couturier

Sheds Hartnell's contract, so essentially it's a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Take Mackinnon with the pick.

• Like 1

Every team who picks first would be nuts not to take offers on the pick. I'm sure you'd have to blow them away to get the pick, and I'm just not willing to do that.

Hopefully we learned our lesson with the Avs and L'affaire Lindros. Yeah he was great but we had few people left to help him out and then when we finally did get him help, it was not enough. Meanwhile the Avs skated the cup 2X. That was tough to take (kind of like watching the Kings win with Richards, Carter and Justin Williams).

Edited by Poulin20

Oooh, I like the twist ending!

In my head, I just assumed that we would target Jones... but yeah, you definitely have to think about drafting what could be a superstar forward.

I like the trade offer too... but I'm sure there would be other teams that could beat that.

@brelic

A: Yes if I were in the captains chair I would try and trade up

B: Scott Hartnell, 2013 1st, Sean Couturier

Sheds Hartnell's contract, so essentially it's a win-win as far as I am concerned.

Scott Hartnell's No Trade Clause (signed by Paul Holmgren) is standing in the background waving furiously trying to get your attention :)

In my head, I just assumed that we would target Jones... but yeah, you definitely have to think about drafting what could be a superstar forward.

if they pick a superstar forward, where do you think they trade Giroux?

:ph34r:

Id trade up for Mackinnon instead of Jones, I hear Seth Jones takes shifts off

Any trade to pick 2 or 3 would have to include players we dont have

All those games we won at the end where are we NOW stuck at 11

Id trade up for Mackinnon instead of Jones, I hear Seth Jones takes shifts off

Any trade to pick 2 or 3 would have to include players we dont have

All those games we won at the end where are we NOW stuck at 11

so does Mantha right? But you like him at 11 :D

How about we trade Bryz, Briere, Cooter and a 1st for the top pick... saving our buyout for Hartnell and some other stupid contract Homer will give away this summer :ph34r:

all in fantasy anyway...

The Flyers will trade for Brad Richards, just so they can buy him out, too. :ph34r:

Mantha should not be picked at 11 either... Sorry man but this kid does not seem to be a top ten pick... Good size and skills but don't like the knocks about his passive style and questionable compete level... At 11 I don't want to have to guess about a players heart....

In two years I could be totally wrong of they pick him but would much rather have nurse or risto

Edited by murraycraven

Meszaros OR Coburn, Hartnell, and Couturier for Avs 1 and next year's 2. Got to give to get unfortunately.

Simmonds/G/Voracek

MacKinnon/Schenn/Read

Gagne/Talbot/Rinaldo

Rosehill/?/McGinn

Leave Laughton down for development.

Timonen/Schenn

Grossmann/Gus

Meszaros OR Coburn/Gervais (or signed vet)

I dunno, the price we would have to pay to acquire that top pick would gut our roster. Nate is a superstar, the Aves know it. I'd say our 11 overall, next years first rounder, plus Voracek and Couts or B.Schenn. If we woulda just sent down Mason after his first solid game, that pick very well could have been ours for the taking.....oh well....very frustrating.

Competing without winning it all doesn't do much for you. You need to tank I guess. Integrity be damned. Get yoruself that new NHL face of the franchise and let the league coast you through the playoffs for years. *cough* Crosby *cough*