Torts Fired

Guest DaGreatGazoo

Wow. That is extreme, but hey they had the talent. Perhaps too much talent in the room. I see a major roster shake up too.

God, I hope Lindy Ruff is not his replacement. If I have to see that turd six times a year with the possibility of playoff hockey too, I may puke.

• Like 1

He's a f**cking a**hole. I remember the clip from 24/7 when a light bulb burnt out on a projector during a film session. He acted like it was the end of the world..literally. People that petty and that intense wear everyone around them out. He had his window, and couldn't get the team over the hump. Back to TV for him.

I am guessing Alain Vigneault over Ruff....strictly my opinion.

• Like 3

so he goes from possible Jack Adams winner to unemployed in 48 games... way to go Glen. You guys think Homer sucks? Imagine dealing with Sather year in year out. Not that I disagree with the move, that ranting and raving act gets old real quick. In youth hockey, juniors maybe, whatever that approach can probably work but guys that reach the professional leagues don't want to hear that****. You could see it looking at the players sitting on the bench (vs the Bruins), not one of them looked like they were motivated to do anything but get the hell out of there.

I am guessing Alain Vigneault over Ruff....strictly my opinion.

Agree. Supposedly Vigneault was on the Rags shortlist back in 2002 when Trottier won the job.

although true, ......Sathers has a way with words. "Every coach has a shelf life"

Even the famous Polaski twins would get sick of Fonzie's act after 5 long years! Agreed guys, Alain has to be on the short list here, that sucks for us if they hire him, one of the very best coach's in hockey in our division.....damn.

How has Glen Sather kept his job? Not arguing with the firing of Torts, a fresh face is desperately needed here. But Cmon, Slats brought in wade Redden, Gaborik and Richards among a million other players for more than they were worth and they did not fit the chemistry of the club to boot. How many chances does this guy deserve to screw up this organization?

@yave1964 I've always thought Slats had some kinda sex tape on NYR ownership. He's been GM for 13 friggin years! His best move was obviously drafting Lundy....but TONS of bad trades and utterly stupid moves. Easy for hindsight purposes, but Nash sucked in the playoffs....you have to wonder if the NYR would be playing right now if they had Dubinsky, Gaborik among others. When they lost Dubinsky, his toughness and leadership was never replaced, they really, really missed what he brought to the team during this years playoffs. As much as Gabby sucks all round, they badly needed goal scorers, what they had didn't do the job.

A report from NBCsports states that multiple players pushed for Tort's firing in their exit interviews.

Avery tweeted last March

“Fire this CLOWN, his players hate him and wont play for his BS.”

The Rangers may have had a different fate if Sather would have fired Tortorella in March. ..... Lou says hello!

• 1 month later...

He may know his hockey, but he had no human relations as Ranger head coach. Showed no

flexibility, no in-game adjustments, no planning................a terrible combination for a head coach.

Glad he's gone. Restoration is moving forward.

@cagedLION

Welcome

The Rangers will be much better off without Torts.

I agree & am glad for the Rangers, they deserve to get a shot with someone who will treat them right & with respect. I feel so badly for the players when I see them on the bench with Torts yelling his head off at them. I'm amazed no one has socked him in the mouth yet! But now....what about us?? 'Scuse me while I go grab a hanky......