Jody Shelley-Ambassador!

Samifan

It's easy to make fun of Shelly, I for one admire his love of our sport and his willingness to do anything to continue to be associated with it at it's highest level. The world needs more people like Jody Shelly in it. That said, I'm glad he's not taking a roster spot on our team anymore. I wish him success in his future endeavors.

• Like 4

@mojo1917

Ya, another case of didn't hate the player, just hated the contract.

Could not express my sentiments any better than that. His contract made him an easy target for derision not through any fault of his own. Best of luck to him with the CBJ's.

It's easy to make fun of Shelly, I for one admire his love of our sport and his willingness to do anything to continue to be associated with it at it's highest level. The world needs more people like Jody Shelly in it. That said, I'm glad he's not taking a roster spot on our team anymore. I wish him success in his future endeavors.

Agreed! Wasn't Shelley's fault he was given the contract he had. While he wasnt a good player here, he was a good teammate... Wish him well

Sorry, I know this is supposed to be a "wish the guy well" thread, but really, he's an utterly forgettable player who could barely play hockey.

I agree the contract wasn't his fault, but talk about a waste of a roster spot. If he's a good guy, terrific. He'll make a good ambassador. But I'll never understand why Holmgren gave him skates, let alone a contract.

• Like 1

But I'll never understand why Holmgren gave him skates, let alone a contract.

I was going to be a smartass, and post video of the 2 goals Shelley scored as a Ranger against the Flyers to answer your question. After 5 pages of Youtube Shelley fight videos, I gave up looking for them.

• Like 2

Shelley is the classic underdog that people cheer for. He was a valued member of the locker room, a really nice guy, like many others, I really do wish him well, but glad he's not taking up one of our valuable roster spots. Knowing the Flyers, he will be replaced with another goon, they just can't help themselves, even though it's obvious the goon will never provide a decent forecheck or produce even a few pts from the 4th line....for instance Rosehill. I like having Rosy around, and think he might even be necessary for some of the tougher teams in the East, but would love to go with a 4th line of Hall, Rinaldo and McGinn to start the year out, see how that group plays and go from there. They would provide a nice forecheck...or even Hall, RInaldo and Talbot, or something close to that.

I was going to be a smartass, and post video of the 2 goals Shelley scored as a Ranger against the Flyers to answer your question. After 5 pages of Youtube Shelley fight videos, I gave up looking for them.

This video summed it up perfectly. A classic!

@Samifan

OK, that's so close to reality I'm not sure if I can laugh at it!

Yeah, it's funny in a sad kinda way that makes you want to vomit!! I loved the parts about Walker.....then Homer tells Shelly, you can't just cut Gagne, Walker will be a stud!! LMAO!!