Rinaldo - No suspension

krasy

I had seen the re-play & it was clear as day, his elbow was down, not a dirty hit at all...so something actually went the Flyers' way??  ;)  :PHI:

Well except for losing him for a bogus call for the rest of the game and giving up a 5 minute power play. Plays like this and these arbitrary calls on reputation should be reviewed real time and over turned. It is not so bad when this happens during a pre season game but it is something that needs to change.

• Like 1

Well except for losing him for a bogus call for the rest of the game and giving up a 5 minute power play. Plays like this and these arbitrary calls on reputation should be reviewed real time and over turned. It is not so bad when this happens during a pre season game but it is something that needs to change.

Totally agreed. Kind of like "targeting" in college football.

this whole "reputation" call is b.s. Unfortunately it's accepted - like it's just part of the sport.

I think maybe it's time for a challenge system - give a coach 2 or 3 per game and any play they disagree with they call for a challenge, they officials huddle around the monitor - maybe even the war room in Toronto gets involved - and the play is either upheld or overturned. If it goes in the coaches favor he keeps his challenge - if it goes against he loses it. You could even make 1 per game.

I don't like adding yet another TO because there are already too many commercial (t.v. time out) breaks every period but this would be worth it to get things right. Eventually the "reputation call" would be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

I think maybe it's time for a challenge system - give a coach 2 or 3 per game and any play they disagree with they call for a challenge

I can see it now, "after reviewing the play, it was concluded that we don't make mistakes and the ruling on the ice stands.

I agree with you big time on the B.S.ness of the rep thing.  Zac has many examples of crushing body checks that are legal and yet he has to go to the box for being him.  There's plenty of players who have the rep thing working against them but that doesn't change the fact that it's garbage.

I suppose the irony of this in my eyes is many here condemned Cooke for reputation calls then get up in arms when it happens to Rinaldo. Cooke has a longer history if dirty play, I know, but how black is black? If a reputation call is a horrible thing against Rinaldo, shouldn't that standard apply across the board?

I suppose the irony of this in my eyes is many here condemned Cooke for reputation calls then get up in arms when it happens to Rinaldo. Cooke has a longer history if dirty play, I know, but how black is black? If a reputation call is a horrible thing against Rinaldo, shouldn't that standard apply across the board?

Yes, however, Cooke found Jesus. He doesn't get the calls anymore. Crest on the front overrules name on the back bias? Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, etc :ph34r:

Edited by doom88

Yes, however, Cooke found Jesus. He doesn't get the calls anymore. Crest on the front overrules name on the back bias? Malkin, Kunitz, Neal, etc :ph34r:

Cooke still got rep calls against him last year. The hit on Karlsson comes to mind. And you can't throw Malkin, Kunitz, and Neal out there without Hartnell, Briere, and Pronger. Really funny when Flyers fans claim other teams are dirtier somehow. And you forgot Letang... Crosby... Engelland... The rest of our roster... ;)

Cooke still got rep calls against him last year. The hit on Karlsson comes to mind. And you can't throw Malkin, Kunitz, and Neal out there without Hartnell, Briere, and Pronger. Really funny when Flyers fans claim other teams are dirtier somehow. And you forgot Letang... Crosby... Engelland... The rest of our roster... ;)

Pronger hasn't played in years, and you get no argument from me at all on Briere (not a Flyer anymore). Hartnell is, well, Hartnell. Haha.

You are also right, forgot the grundle punching petulant child himself: Crosby. Take that!

Pronger hasn't played in years, and you get no argument from me at all on Briere (not a Flyer anymore). Hartnell is, well, Hartnell. Haha.

You are also right, forgot the grundle punching petulant child himself: Crosby. Take that!

Hahaha! There he is!