next coach

Jam1986

What I think the issue, here is we've all put Lavy under a microscope. We're 2 games in with no wins and no results. Our expectations aren't met and we're jumping the gun for a change already. Patience. 10-15 games, lets see but we're 2 in!

09/10 gets to cup! We love him!

10/11 Swept in 2nd round, we blame Richards/Carter. We still love Lavy

11/12 Lost in 2nd round. We blame Bryz. We still love Lavy

13 Miss playoffs, NEW COACH!!! WE NEED A NEW COACH!!!

Sometimes we just need to be patient. Coaches need time. We can't fire every coach who doesn't bring us a cup. I know that's our expectation, but it's just not logical. If we're so bad like 3-9-2 then okay. But if we end up doing well and make the playoffs but don't win the cup, we don't need to fire the coach.

Its not Lavvys fault, Holmgren is the one who built this team, but of course the coach is always the first to go. Homer has made many big mistakes and has not paid for any of them.

Homers top mistakes...

Picking Carter and Richards over guys like Perry, Getzlaf, Dustin Brown, Seabrooke, Parise- in the end both guys were traded, so you can surely say they were not the right picks for the Flyers

Trading a first rounder for Emminger

Trading a first rounder for Versteeg

Trading Upshall and a second rounder for Carcillo

Trading most of our second round picks

Signing Bryzgalov

Trading Bobrovsky for a second rounder

Picking Coots over Doug Hamilton

Poor cap management

Handing out no trade contracts like candy

Having the highest paid, low ranking defense

Any other GM would have gotten the axe by now, but Homer has survived. I do think if this season is a failure , he may be gone and  its obvious who the next coach will be....Terry Murray

I don't think it's the coach as much as it is the city. Philly is a tough town to play in and to me this team lacks the confidence and swagger you need to go the distance.

Put this same roster in Phoenix and I guarantee they play better.

What I think the issue, here is we've all put Lavy under a microscope. We're 2 games in with no wins and no results. Our expectations aren't met and we're jumping the gun for a change already. Patience. 10-15 games, lets see but we're 2 in!

Sometimes we just need to be patient. Coaches need time. We can't fire every coach who doesn't bring us a cup. I know that's our expectation, but it's just not logical. If we're so bad like 3-9-2 then okay. But if we end up doing well and make the playoffs but don't win the cup, we don't need to fire the coach.

Lavy is the first Flyer coach since Shero to coach parts of five seasons. How much time does he need? Ad as much as the fans go all fire crazy, it is management that has made the decision to blame the goalie/blame the coach annually.

That said, it's not all on Lavy. This is also essentsilly the fifth different team he's coaching. There's no continuity and little plan year to year. Spit and bailing wire all the time.

Always looking for the quick fix and signing it to a five year contract.

It's not Lavy's fault, but the people whose fault it is never seem to blame themselves.

• Like 1

Lavy Did Take The Flyers To Within 2 Wins Of The Cup. He Also Win One In CaroliNa. So He's Proven He Can Do It. For Some Reason This Team Doesn't Respond To Him. I'M CoachTired Of Blaming The coach. I Wonder Why We Played So Much Better At The End Of The Season With Our Top Dmen Injured? Over Rated Maybe??? And Hartnell Is Just Brutal Out There...

Good point. So who do we fire then? We have to fire someone.

• Like 1

1. Fire and replace the general manager. It doesn't need to be done now. Wait 10-15.games. There is absolutely no purpose to waiting those 10-15.games other than simply delaying, but there's little gained by doing it right now.

2. That GM should keep Lavi the rest of the season or at least until another coach becomes available. I get irritated when it's clear a coach isn't getting it done and you say "Fire Him!" and some jack ass comes back with "who are you going to replace him with?" When that's said as a challenge or a reason for keeping a coach it's ridiculously stupid. But in this case, the season just started. Someone from the outside really won't be available, so you're stuck with an interim tag or you're promoting some inbred. Let the new GM evaluate the coaches and players the rest of the season and then make that call should he choose to.

3. Lots of posters all summer said they liked the Defense. I still don't see it. I don't think they are agile enough and don't move the puck well enough. The new GM needs to address this while being hamstrung by Holmgren's idiotic signings.

4.  The forwards are okay but lack a leader. Sorry, but Giroux ain't it. When the change in GM is made, take the C away from Giroux and give him the rest of the lost season to get over it. You're losing nothing by doing this because you have nothing now.

By the trade deadline or off-season the new GM should have some idea if who stays and who goes on to win the Cup elsewhere

• Like 1

10 games or approx 1/8th of the season is fair. It gives enough time to see what we are really dealing with. In the meantime, expect that Lavi comb-over to become a full blown helicopter landing site. If we can dump Lavi and Homer in one fell swoop, I'd be THRILLED.

If G has a few more horrid/invisible games, rip the C off him and let the players vote on who replaces them....and hope G does not pout for the next 8 years over it. Personally, I think he would love less pressure and just be able to play.

Let's just pray Homer does not panic and rip this team apart at the seams. I can see this coming, cause he will do what is best for his employment status, not what is best for the Flyers.

10 games or approx 1/8th of the season is fair. It gives enough time to see what we are really dealing with. In the meantime, expect that Lavi comb-over to become a full blown helicopter landing site. If we can dump Lavi and Homer in one fell swoop, I'd be THRILLED.

If G has a few more horrid/invisible games, rip the C off him and let the players vote on who replaces them....and hope G does not pout for the next 8 years over it. Personally, I think he would love less pressure and just be able to play.

Let's just pray Homer does not panic and rip this team apart at the seams. I can see this coming, cause he will do what is best for his employment status, not what is best for the Flyers.

In the very bad, no good, terrible, horrible way that NHL GMs are evaluated.

1. Fire and replace the general manager. It doesn't need to be done now. Wait 10-15.games. There is absolutely no purpose to waiting those 10-15.games other than simply delaying, but there's little gained by doing it right now.

2. That GM should keep Lavi the rest of the season or at least until another coach becomes available. I get irritated when it's clear a coach isn't getting it done and you say "Fire Him!" and some jack ass comes back with "who are you going to replace him with?" When that's said as a challenge or a reason for keeping a coach it's ridiculously stupid. But in this case, the season just started. Someone from the outside really won't be available, so you're stuck with an interim tag or you're promoting some inbred. Let the new GM evaluate the coaches and players the rest of the season and then make that call should he choose to.

3. Lots of posters all summer said they liked the Defense. I still don't see it. I don't think they are agile enough and don't move the puck well enough. The new GM needs to address this while being hamstrung by Holmgren's idiotic signings.

4.  The forwards are okay but lack a leader. Sorry, but Giroux ain't it. When the change in GM is made, take the C away from Giroux and give him the rest of the lost season to get over it. You're losing nothing by doing this because you have nothing now.

By the trade deadline or off-season the new GM should have some idea if who stays and who goes on to win the Cup elsewhere

can't argue with your plan.  For the record I never liked the Streit sigining, did not like the Hill sigining, i still think Coburn is  NOT a top pair d-man, Mez, though he can play well, is too fragile.  Solid plan IMO if it could ever be implemented.

@pilldoc  I like #3 on rux's list. The defense is TO SLOW. We need WAY more mobility back there. The offense will inevitably click in, but our system needs to be geared towards protecting the slow defense. They are like sitting ducks back there!

Hextall was brought here by Lueko. He is a Comcast guy. He is not a Clarke-Holgren guy. Snider's influence is not what it used to be. This is a public company. I expect to see changes in this franchisee. Lavy and Holmgren will be out games 15-20 unless there is a radical change in the result. And there will not be. And Snider will agree to it and was his hands by following along with this Lueko lead move.