LEAFS WIN CUP IN 2015 SEASON

FORBSY

@LordVader

Funny - I can't recall you ever giving any of those guys props when they were with the Flyers. And I think a list of players the Leafs have given up on that have succeeded elsewhere would be equally as long. But nice troll anyway.

slow day in the office! Here's the short list.

rask (1)

Toronto trades a 1st

round Pick in 1991 Scott Niedermayer (4 cups, 2 olympic gold medals)

Larry Murphy (2)

Dave Andreychuk (1)

Ken Wregget (1)

Fredrick Modin (1)

bernie parent (2)

slow day in the office! Here's the short list.

rask (1)

Toronto trades a 1st

round Pick in 1991 Scott Niedermayer (4 cups, 2 olympic gold medals)

Larry Murphy (2)

Dave Andreychuk (1)

Ken Wregget (1)

Fredrick Modin (1)

bernie parent (2)

Let us not forget the Phil Kessel payoff that the Bruins received.

For Kessel, the Bruins received:

Tyler Seguin

Dougie Hamilton

Jared Knight

Hehheh. Ahem. Sorry, trying to figure out who Peter Chiarelli has naked pictures of in the Leaf organization.

Leach, sadly the truth is the Leafs do not have a long list of players who recently won a cup elsewhere. That however says more about the Leafs long running ineptitude at evaluating talent than about there astute wheeling and dealing. nearly a half a century since their last cup appearance is all the proof of the above statement that one needs.

speaking of laughing so hard..here at the Lexus Dealership we came up with a list of dearly departed Flyers in recent yrs...then asked ourselves ..would they be in a playoff position today with these players in their line up that the organization quit and gave up on?

Sharp (2 Stanley Cups)

Carter (Stanley Cup)

Richards (Stanley Cup)

JVR....lol for pylon give-away Luke Schenn

Lupul

Bobrovsky (Vezina) for Anthony Stolarz...Taylor Leier...!!!

Dan Hamuis

Steve downie (character grit..cant find that on the flyers roster

Scotty Upshall (character grit..cant find that on the Flyers roster..oh yea rosehiill  .lol)

Matt Carle

lol...in the Versteeg trade with the Leafs...the Leafs used the flyers picks to take Stuart Percy and Josh Leivo...two solid & up and coming prospects

darth-vader17.jpg

Let us not forget the Phil Kessel payoff that the Bruins received.

For Kessel, the Bruins received:

Tyler Seguin

Dougie Hamilton

Jared Knight

Hehheh. Ahem. Sorry, trying to figure out who Peter Chiarelli has naked pictures of in the Leaf organization.

Leach, sadly the truth is the Leafs do not have a long list of players who recently won a cup elsewhere. That however says more about the Leafs long running ineptitude at evaluating talent than about there astute wheeling and dealing. nearly a half a century since their last cup appearance is all the proof of the above statement that one needs.

I was trying not to make the list to long. :lol:

@Leach27  Kordic for Courtnall!!!

there's another one.....ouch!!

Kordic got 446 penalty minutes and 16 points in 104 games as a Leaf

Courtnall gradually improved over parts of four seasons with the Habs.  He ended up with 82 goals and 195 points in 250 games for Montreal.

the Habs turned Russ Courtnall into Brian Bellows, who won a Stanley Cup with the Habs.  And Courtnall kept on being a decent offensive player (and I believe an all-star) with the Dallas Stars.

I much prefer Macintosh--just had one in fact.  Kate Smith didn't look like she ate much of either kind (too soon?  nah, can't be!).

Good call on the Macintosh.

Kate Smith either didn't eat much of either kind or she ate a HELL OF A LOT of both.

The Flyers' list provided (including add ons) is inaccurate, dated, etc.  Let's compare apples to apples here.

every team has a list, including my Wings (Fleischman and Mike Green for the ghost of Robert Lang? Sheesh) I am sure there is no Flyer fan alive who wouldn't do both the Carter and likely the Richards deals all over again. Again, at least the Flyers have been to the dance, winning a couple of times since the expansion era began. Unlike some teams that shall remain nameless.......

• Like 1

My 60 ft plasma sure is getting a workout tonight Forbsy............................Capitals 7 (no Ovi) Flyers ZERO...what a home ice DISASTER....Ill be replaying this game at the Dealership Monday morning for our valued customers to enjoy while they wait for their cars...i can hear the laughter now

My 60 ft plasma sure is getting a workout tonight Forbsy............................Capitals 7 (no Ovi) Flyers ZERO...what a home ice DISASTER....Ill be replaying this game at the Dealership Monday morning for our valued customers to enjoy while they wait for their cars...i can hear the laughter now

Maybe not a complete disaster, maybe the nhl can squeeze a few suspensions and fines out of it.   

I do suggest though that you focus your posts in the future about the Maple Leafs.

It's now or never.  Sometimes, I think it's not even going to happen in my lifetime but then, my sympathetic American friends raise my hopes.

Knowing that a leaf cup is overdue as it was when New York bought the winning team, some Americans are rooting for us just because it has been such a long time...

I'm conflicted on whether I'd want to see that or not...

Whatever.  I'm glad you're  here. 

I know your identity, despite all the different names under which you post.

Rob Ford is your real name. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Hello All,

Just wanted to reiterate my guarantee that my beloved Toronto Maple Leafs will win the Cup by the 2015 season.  Also, could you please tell Giroux to wake up & start producing?  He's currently the only thing standing between me & 1st place in multiple pools.  Cheers!

I will assume you have done well in your hockey pools.

:D

I said a couple of years ago that the Leafs would win the Cup by the 2015 season.  This isn't a sudden prediction based on their blazing hot start.  If there's actually anyone left on the scorched earth that was once known as Philly.com, my claim can be substantiated.  The fact that they're 6-1 & not yet at all playing their best hockey (& without two of their top 9 forwards) is a good sign.  Last year I predicted the Leafs would make the playoffs & get knocked out in the 1st round.  This year, we will go deeper........bet the house on it!

Hmmm, maybe Vader has a spare room for you at the dealership?

Don't worry Forbsy, the Leafers are only a "tweak" away from winning the cup.

:huh: