"?"

idahophilly

People hear now me. I have posted from the beginning. This might be the most useless or frivolous topic I ever started. I'm sorry about that but it's the perfect time to.

Now that the pre season "season" is over and Berube has a work week to work with, here is my frivolous question.

Brace yourself! Comment... Let your questions be asked... Let your hopes out... Your fears... Your predictions...

I ask a simple question and here it is.

"?"

Yep... Profound isn't it...

For me that sums up how I feel. Just a big question mark...

C'mon guys, I know the Flyers haven't had a stellar start to the season but once the offense starts clicking this team will be closer to the top of the standings. Flyers goaltending and D has looked pretty good they just need to score some goals. Hopefully the Flyers will use the game vs Rangers on Thurs to bounce back because the Rangers aren't doing a whole lot better than the Flyers.\

Fingers crossed.;) 

C'mon guys, I know the Flyers haven't had a stellar start to the season but once the offense starts clicking this team will be closer to the top of the standings. Flyers goaltending and D has looked pretty good they just need to score some goals. Hopefully the Flyers will use the game vs Rangers on Thurs to bounce back because the Rangers aren't doing a whole lot better than the Flyers.\

Fingers crossed. ;)

Are you being sarcastic?  This offense will "clikc" once in a while and then go through droughts.  They will no way make it near the top of the standings.  At best, and I mean very best, they sneak into the playoffs.  IMO, this Team will not even make the playoffs.  The offense can't even execute a proper breakout.

Fingers crossed an all but this Team is going nowhere.

Are you being sarcastic?  This offense will "clikc" once in a while and then go through droughts.  They will no way make it near the top of the standings.  At best, and I mean very best, they sneak into the playoffs.  IMO, this Team will not even make the playoffs.  The offense can't even execute a proper breakout.

Ah Murray,

what a ray of sunlight you are today... :D

I full expect the breakout issues to be resolved  by mid december  :ph34r:

actually i think they'll play better starting this thursday,  i know i've run ol' Chief down on this very board i bet you 20 times, but since he's been the coach they have shown improvement 5 on 5, so i'm willing to give him some time to see if he really is "one of the smartest hockey guys I know" means something good or that Paul spends too much time hiding from Mr Snider and his hair brained schemes to bring Ovechkin and Tony Gonzales to the team.

Ah Murray,

what a ray of sunlight you are today... :D

I full expect the breakout issues to be resolved  by mid december  :ph34r:

actually i think they'll play better starting this thursday,  i know i've run ol' Chief down on this very board i bet you 20 times, but since he's been the coach they have shown improvement 5 on 5, so i'm willing to give him some time to see if he really is "one of the smartest hockey guys I know" means something good or that Paul spends too much time hiding from Mr Snider and his hair brained schemes to bring Ovechkin and Tony Gonzales to the team.

Sory Mojo!  LOL!!!!

I still think we should be withholding judgement on Berube.  It is going to take time and he is in an unenviable position but I too have seen improvement w/ the 5 on 5 play.   Over this break I hope some of the issues are ironed out and they start finding some "jam"... I mean, the offense cant possibly be worse right?  Sooner or later they have to score more than 1 or two goals right?

At the end of the day I think it will come down to a few things:  (1)  This team has decent players but was/is constructed poorly.  (2)  Slick Eddie and Homer completely missed on their evaluation of talent and (3) Berube is or isn't a good Coach to get this Team out of the funk.   Time will tell but it is hard to remain optimistic right now.   I will forever be a Flyers fan and love our Team but my fear is that we are on a slippery slope here.  

This somes up my feelings about this group:  "I believe they can make it!!!  Okay, maybe not...  um wait, how can I think this team will be anything more than a sub-average team based on what I have seen?  Oh Christ, this Team is doomed!"   I try to hold off the bad thoughts but they keep creeping up! :(

Glad to be totally wrong as always!

Edited by murraycraven

Because the alternative was to root for the Rangers? It's a lose-lose situation.

I went to see the Devils play the Soviets (Moscow Dynamo?) back during the cold war late 80s. I rooted for the Devils that day. It wasn't an easy decision. I still feel dirty.

• Like 1

No sarcasm here...Flyers gotta win sooner than later..Chief will bust their balls on the 6 day layoff.

C'mon Murray...have some optimism.

Edited by FreakinFlyersFan

No sarcasm here...Flyers gotta win sooner than later..Chief will bust their balls on the 6 day layoff.

C'mon Murray...have some optimism.

Man do I want too... But the Chief also gave them two days off during the break.   I have *some* optimism but not much :D