Giroux for Weber straight up?

activestick

That's odd... Cuz I thought they were pretty much the same when Suter played there too, and it didn't seem to slow him down much. Don't make excuses for Weber not performing as well these days. Overhyped and overpaid. He's a solid D man, but you'd be crazy to trade Giroux even up for him. Certifiably nuts. Giroux will snap out of it.

I sure hope so... it cant get any worse ;)

That's odd... Cuz I thought they were pretty much the same when Suter played there too, and it didn't seem to slow him down much. Don't make excuses for Weber not performing as well these days. Overhyped and overpaid. He's a solid D man, but you'd be crazy to trade Giroux even up for him. Certifiably nuts. Giroux will snap out of it.

Well, they have had rather significant change to their forward crew since Suter left - how much of an effect is really left to the eye of the beholder

100+ cap days players:

11-12

Erat

Legward

Fisher

Hornqvist

S. Kostitsyn

Wilson

Tootoo

Spaling

Smith

Holischuk

Smithson

McGrattan

Bourque

(A. Kostitsyn, Gaustad and Radulov)

13-14 roster

Legwand

Hornqvist

Fisher

Cullen

Gaustad

Stahlberg

Nystrom

Wilson

Smith

Hendricks

Spaling

Forsberg

Bourque

Clune

If I'm reading right, they turned over half the forward corps.

Defense

11-12

Weber

Suter

Bouillon

Klein

Ellis

Josi

Hillen

13-14

Weber

Josi

Klein

Jones

Ekholm

Ellis

Bartley

plus at least a third of their defense...

I'm not enamored with Weber by any stretch and he was never worth the contract Homer offered. But the forward corps aren't anything remotely like Minnesota's, much less what Nashville had even two seasons before.

Well, they have had rather significant change to their forward crew since Suter left - how much of an effect is really left to the eye of the beholder

100+ cap days players:

11-12

Erat

Legward

Fisher

Hornqvist

S. Kostitsyn

Wilson

Tootoo

Spaling

Smith

Holischuk

Smithson

McGrattan

Bourque

(A. Kostitsyn, Gaustad and Radulov)

13-14 roster

Legwand

Hornqvist

Fisher

Cullen

Gaustad

Stahlberg

Nystrom

Wilson

Smith

Hendricks

Spaling

Forsberg

Bourque

Clune

If I'm reading right, they turned over half the forward corps.

Defense

11-12

Weber

Suter

Bouillon

Klein

Ellis

Josi

Hillen

13-14

Weber

Josi

Klein

Jones

Ekholm

Ellis

Bartley

plus at least a third of their defense...

I'm not enamored with Weber by any stretch and he was never worth the contract Homer offered. But the forward corps aren't anything remotely like Minnesota's, much less what Nashville had even two seasons before.

Forwards are pretty even to me. In fact, they were on pace for 208 goals last season, which is about ten less than the average goals for they've scored over the past five seasons.

Goals against skyrocketed though after Suter's departure. Went up around 50. Weber had a rough season.

Forwards are pretty even to me. In fact, they were on pace for 208 goals last season, which is about ten less than the average goals for they've scored over the past five seasons.

Goals against skyrocketed though after Suter's departure. Went up around 50. Weber had a rough season.

Last season (I used 11-12 for a full season) they still had Erat and S. Kostitsyn - two "20-goal scorers". That's a different look than they have now.

Rinne's GAA went up, his save percentage dropped .013 and they changed backup goalies when Lindback left (2.42/.912) and got Mason (3.73/.873)

Weber also led the team in Assists and points last season.

He has all of two points less than Suter and more than double his hits and blocks this season - both in 12 games.

Only point here is that pinning everything bad that happened on Weber is a tad shortsighted.

Again, not the savior some see him as and not worth the contract.

Last season (I used 11-12 for a full season) they still had Erat and S. Kostitsyn - two "20-goal scorers". That's a different look than they have now.

Rinne's GAA went up, his save percentage dropped .013 and they changed backup goalies when Lindback left (2.42/.912) and got Mason (3.73/.873)

Weber also led the team in Assists and points last season.

He has all of two points less than Suter and more than double his hits and blocks this season - both in 12 games.

Only point here is that pinning everything bad that happened on Weber is a tad shortsighted.

Again, not the savior some see him as and not worth the contract.

I never pinned everything bad on him, just said he's overpaid and overhyped. I do think they got significantly worse when Suter departed. Much more so than Erat or Kostitsyn's departures.

I think that people would even consider Giroux for Weber is ridiculous, especially when your trouble this season has been more scoring than defense.

I never pinned everything bad on him, just said he's overpaid and overhyped. I do think they got significantly worse when Suter departed. Much more so than Erat or Kostitsyn's departures.

I think that people would even consider Giroux for Weber is ridiculous, especially when your trouble this season has been more scoring than defense.

I think it's easier to replace a Giroux than a Weber. I also think Giroux is currently more overrated, and I don't really think he will hit his potential.

I think there is something to be said for the "#1 D" guy. 

I don't see Weber as a Pronger - and I'm not sure he ever gets there.

Would I give up Giroux for Weber and the $500K of cap space? I might - if the contract wasn't twice as long...

ust think... 8M for another 8 years... scary to think about.  

Isn't that what we said about Carter, Richards, Briere, Bryz?  I wouldn't want to be a Flyer with a long-term, high-paying contract.  Even if I was Claude Giroux.  It's like the kiss of death.  Oh, almost forgot -- throw in the Captain's "C" on your sweater and you might as well be putting yourself 6 feet under.

I think there is something to be said for the "#1 D" guy. 

I don't see Weber as a Pronger - and I'm not sure he ever gets there.

Would I give up Giroux for Weber and the $500K of cap space? I might - if the contract wasn't twice as long...

As much as I like Giroux, getting a number one defenseman in Weber would be hard to pass up. It would be interesting to see what would happen if Nashville offered Weber but wanted Giroux in return what Holmgren or Hextall would do.