Giroux for Weber straight up?

activestick

I used to think we needed defense......but the way our offense has not scored, has not been scoring, and probably will continue not to score, makes me think if we traded Giroux for anyone, it should be for someone who can score.  It's maddening.  First it's goaltending, then it's defense, then it's goaltending and defense, now it's offense and defense and maybe goaltending - though as murraycraven posted elsewhere, the way Mason has been playing is impressive and he could become the real deal.  It is a shame that now he's not getting offensive or defensive support.  But now primarily offensive.  Sure would be nice to score more than two goals a game!

Yes, I would. Giroux isn't an elite stud, and is slowly piling up a history of injuries on a smaller frame. Weber on the other hand is a elite #1 defenseman. Weber is cheaper in cap hit too.

I realize the Flyers need scoring, but guys like Weber and Pronger don't come available often. Like now for instance, Weber isn't available.

I used to think we needed defense......but the way our offense has not scored, has not been scoring, and probably will continue not to score, makes me think if we traded Giroux for anyone, it should be for someone who can score.  It's maddening.  First it's goaltending, then it's defense, then it's goaltending and defense, now it's offense and defense and maybe goaltending - though as murraycraven posted elsewhere, the way Mason has been playing is impressive and he could become the real deal.  It is a shame that now he's not getting offensive or defensive support.  But now primarily offensive.  Sure would be nice to score more than two goals a game!

Giroux for Weber and then send the 1st pick along w/ B Schenn, Cooter and Laughton for Stamkos!  Lol!!

• Like 1

I believe Giroux is the best player currently not in the NHL. ...something like that.  :)

Seriously what's wrong with him this year? His game so far looks like every other dime-a-dozen forward's - basic, predictable and boring. Where's the speed, the creativity, the vision?  It's all MIA.

I believe Giroux is the best player currently not in the NHL. ...something like that.  :)

Seriously what's wrong with him this year? His game so far looks like every other dime-a-dozen forward's - basic, predictable and boring. Where's the speed, the creativity, the vision?  It's all MIA.

LOL!  That was funny...

just think... 8M for another 8 years... scary to think about.  

Yes, I would. Giroux isn't an elite stud, and is slowly piling up a history of injuries on a smaller frame. Weber on the other hand is a elite #1 defenseman. Weber is cheaper in cap hit too.

I realize the Flyers need scoring, but guys like Weber and Pronger don't come available often. Like now for instance, Weber isn't available.

Yep, that's how I feel about it.  Well, it the Preds season ends up tanking, it may just become possible.

Yep, that's how I feel about it.  Well, it the Preds season ends up tanking, it may just become possible.

Hate to say it but I would really consider it too Doom and activestick...   I am more down on G than anyone on this Team.   Something is not right...

Let's be real look at 2nd tier d/men Klein, Bieska Hamerljson from Hawks and Josi. 

Ah what's the fun of that?

Seriously this board is - by charter - forbidden to go 3 consecutive weeks without a Weber thread. Thankfully AS threw one in here today so I believe we just made it under the wire lol..

but seriously seriously I'd trade Giroux for Weber any day and twice on Sunday. Who wouldn't? Which, of course is why it will never happen - among other (contractual) reasons...

Weber was nothing noteworthy last year without Suter... And having watched him this year, he's not standing out now either. You guys are WAY too high on him. Yes he's a rugged stay at home guy... But his defense isn't lighting any fires his past 50+ games either. I just don't see the hype.

His offensive stats seem to be righting themselves, but for what he gets paid? I just don't get it.

Edited by Polaris922
  • Like 1

Probably not because I don't think the defense is remotely the problem. Weber might help the transition game (which right now seems to start and end with the forwards which isn't working) but that's a matter of the system. Bringing weber into this wouldn't do anything to repair that system. It would just frustrate weber and make Giroux look good in Nashville.

I'd much rather have gagne or jagr back, someone to instill some concept of how to play forward in the NHL right now. These guys are just lost. Maybe Vinny being back and getting healthier can achieve some of this.

Long story short, The D is not the problem.

Would you do it? I think I would.

How is nurse looking?

Weber was nothing noteworthy last year without Suter... And having watched him this year, he's not standing out now either. You guys are WAY too high on him. Yes he's a rugged stay at home guy... But his defense isn't lighting any fires his past 50+ games either. I just don't see the hype.

His offensive stats seem to be righting themselves, but for what he gets paid? I just don't get it.

@Polaris922

I know we've done this before, but....

Name a forward on Webers team that you'd want on the Pens top 6....

Weber playing with Crosby and Malkin = points galore. Letang playing with Legwand & Plumbing Co. = reality.

That's odd... Cuz I thought they were pretty much the same when Suter played there too, and it didn't seem to slow him down much. Don't make excuses for Weber not performing as well these days. Overhyped and overpaid. He's a solid D man, but you'd be crazy to trade Giroux even up for him. Certifiably nuts. Giroux will snap out of it.

Ah what's the fun of that?

Seriously this board is - by charter - forbidden to go 3 consecutive weeks without a Weber thread. Thankfully AS threw one in here today so I believe we just made it under the wire lol..

but seriously seriously I'd trade Giroux for Weber any day and twice on Sunday. Who wouldn't? Which, of course is why it will never happen - among other (contractual) reasons...

Your right I get rid just cause of the contract but not for Weber's contract though

Would you do it?  I think I would.

No I wouldn't do it. I think it would take more than G as the preds know we are desperate to get weber and would take homer to the cleaners.

Edited by Leach27