Talbot asked to leave, right?

King Knut

Because othwrwise homer just traded the guy making the only aspect of this team that's working remain functional.

A guy who we sent packing several years ago because he was bat **** crazy on the ice.

A guy whose rookie season was cut short because he had to be available for his trial.

A guy who we sent packing several years ago because he was bat **** crazy on the ice.

]

Dont worry... there is medication for that type of stuff now.  

@FC...   I was jst reading the comments on the Denver Post and most fans seems to think they just got the 2nd coming of Lappy back.   Seems like the fans are coming around to this trade...

Edited by murraycraven

@murraycraven

Well Lappy isn't what he used to be...and neither is Talbot. Downie on the other hand had become part of one of the top lines in the league. I really don't see a downside to this trade. People complained about Talbots contract...we just got out of it. We pick up a player who may help the team and/or may become trade bait. Let's face it, we all knew Homer was going to make a trade. I'm just thankful it wasn't a young player for an old one.

• Like 3

Because othwrwise homer just traded the guy making the only aspect of this team that's working remain functional.

A guy whose rookie season was cut short because he had to be available for his trial.

I don't have any legit sources, but I've actually heard rumors that he has. It's nothing remotely concrete, but just talking to fans and browsing around the net, there are murmurs he was not happy with his role here.

Every other thing I've read (other than from some Flyer fans) is questioning why Colorado made this trade....not the other way around.

Agreed..they are playing well, on a great run with a new coach, and they trade the winger on their top line?  Hmmmm.............

**EDIT** That's not to say I like the trade for the Flyers; I just don't get my Colorado would mess with things now.

Edited by DaGreatGazoo

@murraycraven

Well Lappy isn't what he used to be...and neither is Talbot. Downie on the other hand had become part of one of the top lines in the league. I really don't see a downside to this trade. People complained about Talbots contract...we just got out of it. We pick up a player who may help the team and/or may become trade bait. Let's face it, we all knew Homer was going to make a trade. I'm just thankful it wasn't a young player for an old one.

Spot on FC and I do agree... my gripe is more w/ the Org than anything else.   I just thinkt he constant rehash of x Flyers is ridiculous.   I am not a fan of Downie and think he is a borderline sociopath but I do think he is a better player.   AS long as Homer does not sign him to a NMC/NTC for the next 7 years I am "ok" w/ the trade...

@fanaticV3.0

I doubt you'd find many players on the Flyers "happy" right now the way the team is going...maybe other than Mason who's career seems to be turning around.

That's true, but not everybody demands a trade because of it. If he didn't want to be here, that's all that really matters. Best to get rid of guys like that (if it's actually true).

Spot on FC and I do agree... my gripe is more w/ the Org than anything else.   I just thinkt he constant rehash of x Flyers is ridiculous.   I am not a fan of Downie and think he is a borderline sociopath but I do think he is a better player.   AS long as Homer does not sign him to a NMC/NTC for the next 7 years I am "ok" w/ the trade...

OK, so there could be a downside to the trade afterall.....

Bottom line then......

he is strictly a rental player used to kick start this team and create cap space for next year.......

OK - the ninja means the post isn't entirely serious

And the comment is a riff on the (in)famous Clarke quote: "We have no interest in Comrie"

We now return you to your original broadcast.

OK - the ninja means the post isn't entirely serious

And the comment is a riff on the (in)famous Clarke quote: "We have no interest in Comrie"

We now return you to your original broadcast.

ooops...chalk it up lack off sleep and no morning caffeine or chocolate :)

• Like 1

Guess maybe he was just the odd man out.

Firing the coach maybe helped a little, but not enough. Next move? Trade a player? How's that gonna motivate anyone? Wouldn't they want to be traded?

All joking aside, I could see thinking Downie could be a shock to the system and wake things up a bit.

Of course it sure ain't happening tonight. Sheesh this is ugly.

If this quote is accurate, I guess he didn't ask for a trade. :-)

Sam Carchidi@BroadStBull55m

Talbot to Denver Post: "It's the first time I've ever been traded. So, I'm dealing with some of the shock of that,