Who will replace Homer?

Flyingswede

Ever since the final against black hawks Homer have slowly dismantled this organisation. Trade after trade have been bad except for a few. The guy have lost it and its only a matter of time before Snider makes the call. But who will replace? just dont have a favourite right now, cant come up with anyone really. Suggestions? 

The question should be...Does Hexy really want this job??

Assuming Hexy is the same fiery competitor off the ice as on...what better challenge than to return his former team to greatness? Of course, Hexy like Homer will be forced to be Snider's lap dog. I'd love to see him tell Snider, "if I take this job, no pressure from you, all the moves and signings will be my decisions and mine alone". If the job does not come with those specific attachments, I can see Hexy balking and moving on.  

• Like 1

If Ed Snider truly lets Hextall run the team the way that Ron wants, then I'd give him a shot. He seems to have done a great job in LA.  I would rather see if they could throw money at Ken Holland or Stan Bowman, or someone with experience to come here with the promise from Ed that he'll butt out from meddling in personnel decisions, but we all know none of that will happen. Ed's way or the highway=same old stuff, different day.  He needs to accept the fact that he does not know half of what he think he knows about the game and the way it is played successfully today.

• Like 1

. I'd love to see him tell Snider, "if I take this job, no pressure from you, all the moves and signings will be my decisions and mine alone". If the job does not come with those specific attachments, I can see Hexy balking and moving on.  

I would love to see that too. And Hexy should be saying that.....It is time for Snider to sit down and shut-up.   It is time for Snider to be seen and not heard.  If he wants this team to move forward he needs to let go completely and give the reigns to Hexy.  Sadly his ego won't allow him to that.

I would hope Hexy would refuse the job unless he could be his own man. Of course that promise can be made an not kept.

At any rate that move needs to be made now. Fired the coach 3 games in, shoulda happened over the summer but better late than never. The same should apply to Homer.

What's said is that if Homer is canned (probably joins Clarke as some VP for Ass Licking), his damage is long-lasting. Most of these turds are on NMC/NTC with big bucks. It will take years to undo his legacy.  

Best,

Howie

Then bring in Hexy now and have him read to the players the Riot Act and basically say everybody on this team can be moved unless they get their head's out of their collective a$$es.

Unfortunately, I see more guys who would take the "move" option. Happily.