Flyers - Carolina After Game Rant

King Knut

No. I don't think I'm exaggerating.

That was beyond horrible. Pathetic doesn't Ben approach beginning to describe that.

What solution can there possibly be at this point?

Everyone goes but mason and emery, I think they're a good tandem. Just get rid of them and them get rid if Chief and then please dear god get to of homer and the. Find someone with half to two thirds a brain in his skull and let him rebuild this disaster from scratch.

They're done. They haven't got it. It's over. Out them out of their misery and spare us in the process.

I don't know if you have them in Sweden, but it's called a rhetorical exaggeration.

Maybe trading literally every player has never happened before, but I can't see one reason why it shouldn't happen if they could pull it off.

The sentiment is that it doesn't matter who ows an who stays because none of them are worth keeping right now.

How does 'everyone go' ??

Can we Homer make a phone call and swap rosters with Edmonton or something ???

Face it dude... Your stuck with this team for a while.

Greetings:

I am worried that Mason's behavior at the end of the game is a sign of cracking. He looked petrified after the tying goal. Then he bounded to the locker room after the loss. He may be losing it. Given the lack of support, I can understand his behavior. But it may be sign of something deeper. Like..."what the f..bomb am I doing....."  He will be our Gilles Milloche...playing well for a suck-face team. 

Peace,

Howie

Greetings:

I am worried that Mason's behavior at the end of the game is a sign of cracking. He looked petrified after the tying goal. Then he bounded to the locker room after the loss. He may be losing it. Given the lack of support, I can understand his behavior. But it may be sign of something deeper. Like..."what the f..bomb am I doing....." He will be our Gilles Milloche...playing well for a suck-face team.

Peace,

Howie

Yeah, agreed. I hope someone talks to him. We finally have good goaltending, and the team is psychologically torturing him. Does he have a beer fund or something we the fans can donate to out of appreciation or something?

Greetings:

I am worried that Mason's behavior at the end of the game is a sign of cracking. He looked petrified after the tying goal. Then he bounded to the locker room after the loss. He may be losing it. Given the lack of support, I can understand his behavior. But it may be sign of something deeper. Like..."what the f..bomb am I doing....."  He will be our Gilles Milloche...playing well for a suck-face team. 

Peace,

Howie

This is like groundhog day going back to the 2006/07 season, now all we need is for Holmgren to resign or get fired.

I still can't believe Couturier managed to hit the far post on that open net. It was unbelievable.

And then Mason gets leather on the tying goal and it still trickles in. Quite frankly, we saw what happened to his confidence playing for Columbus. He did look shaken after the tying goal and, yes, just about everybody knew what was coming next.

Peters came in with something like 3.49/.869 and he goes 0.97/.966 against the Flyers??

The hockey gods - the old and the new - seem to be very upset with this team. Don't know how to fix that.

• Like 1

Imagine what Lecavalier is thinking.

No idea, but for a little while now I've been starting to wonder, at what point to you at least consider trading him? He's playing well and isn't doing this team any good. How long before he becomes unhappy and no longer has value?

@fanaticV3.0

after new years, i think.  as bad as things are, the team really is only a few points out of a playoff spot.  while the common sentiment is they are toast, things are weirdly horrible enough right now to think they can't go on forever.  so long as the team is in spitting distance of a playoff spot, i don't think management starts packing up the tent.  if/when some significant separation develops in the division, i imagine thoughts turn to next season and pieces start getting moved for rebuildables.  though...lecavalier may very well be seen as a required piece going forward.

Greetings:

Peace,

Howie

Totally agree and that's exactly what I thought when I saw him do that.  He may have been a little angry at himself, but I think it was more directed at the way his team isn't supporting him and the boneheaded way Streit lost that puck.  I'd be pissed too.  I hope he can hold it together.  He's been the best thing about this season despite what the win-loss record shows.

Why are u guys still watching this crap and torturing yourself. I got rid of my Centre Ice package. I can't watch this.

I'm actually still getting Center Ice for free.  Didn't sign up for it, took advantage of the free preview at the beginning of the season and it's still going.  This happened a couple of seasons ago.  Just don't tell Time Warner Cable.  As long as it's free.......now if it goes out, I ain't paying to watch this crap.  Ha.

• Like 1

No idea, but for a little while now I've been starting to wonder, at what point to you at least consider trading him? He's playing well and isn't doing this team any good. How long before he becomes unhappy and no longer has value?

He hasn't shown me yet this season that he has any value at all.  One hat trick.  I'll give him that.  But otherwise, there's been no steady, consistent production.  I guess I'm just disappointed in everyone.  Nobody's doin' nothin'.  I had much higher expectations for him and the entire team.  Well, not so much for the defense, but I really expected more from the offense. 

Paul Holmgren is far worse than Clarke ever could  have been. He made a few decent moves in his first year as GM, but since has gone bat $hit crazy with some of these moves/contacts. If anything, they need to stop the bleeding and cut him loose. 

Order of c'ya priorities:

1) Paul Holmgren: no lateral move within the organization, but a flat out later dude.

2) Kimmo Timonen: he is done. Flat out cannot play anymore. Someone may take the contract if they are in need of a defender with a ton of experience. Than again, he'll have to agree to any move. At this point I think he may go anywhere but here.

3) Scott Hartnell: he just doesn't fit the make up of this team. He is decent if placed with the right pieces, but Giroux and VLC are not the right linemates period.

4) Simmonds: before anyone gripes about toughness. He is not tough. He refuses to forecheck or play to corners anymore. Not the 2011-12 guy that we traded for.

5) One or both Schenns: over hyped under utilized.

6) Grossman: the man is a pylon. He gets beat basically on every shift and posses a very low hockey IQ.

That's where I would start.  

it just seems like last year when some of the young players came up at the end of the season, this team really played hard. i dont know what it is, it seems like they dont want to play for a mediocre coach. snider has to wake the f### up and get a coach that this team wants to play for.

this team reminds me of the red sox and the eagles.

@fanaticV3.0

after new years, i think.  as bad as things are, the team really is only a few points out of a playoff spot.  while the common sentiment is they are toast, things are weirdly horrible enough right now to think they can't go on forever.  so long as the team is in spitting distance of a playoff spot, i don't think management starts packing up the tent.  if/when some significant separation develops in the division, i imagine thoughts turn to next season and pieces start getting moved for rebuildables.  though...lecavalier may very well be seen as a required piece going forward.

Yeah, I can agree with at. All of it.

He hasn't shown me yet this season that he has any value at all.  One hat trick.  I'll give him that.  But otherwise, there's been no steady, consistent production.  I guess I'm just disappointed in everyone.  Nobody's doin' nothin'.  I had much higher expectations for him and the entire team.  Well, not so much for the defense, but I really expected more from the offense. 

Huh? He's got almost a 1 ppg avg.