Erat wants out of Washington... demanding trade again.

hf101

Erat has informed the Capitals he wants out of Washington as soon as possible.

“I get no time on the ice, it’s hard to prove my ability with only ten to twelve minutes of ice time,” Erat explained. “At the beginning of the season it was only about seven minutes, and then it went up, so [Adam Oates] let me play more defense than offense.”

He demanded a trade out of Nashville also.

Erat has two seasons left on a 7yr $31.5 million deal that carries an average annual cap hit of $4.5 million.

Which team wants him?

Which team wants him?

Honestly a lot of teams could use him but i could see Nashville trading for him back just not sure what for.

They gave up Forsberg for him so it seems they would want a decent prospect back for him.

Nashville is not playing well this season and still has trouble scoring....but i could see a team out west trading for him. Wings maybe in the east???

Normally, I'd say any guy that wants out, show him the door...no sense in keeping someone that doesn't want to be there.

However, Erat DOES have value...I know he is a good defensive forward, but I've seen a bit of offense from him as well when paired with the right players...primarily snipers, as he seems to be able to set them up.

Not all sure why Washington isn't playing him more....if its a mis-management issue, then I can see him wanting out..however, you guys said he did the same with Nashville...curious, what was the situation there?

Seems to me he fit right in with that team and was happy till last season's shortened schedule when he didn't fare too well....along with the rest of the team.

But, if he is the type of fairweather player that is happy when things are going well, but gripes when they aren't, then Washington may very well want to accomodate him and let him be someone else's problem.

All in all though, I would think if he wants to play more offense, Washington would've been a better fit than Nashville.

So again, we are either back to a mis-management issue on the Caps part...or Erat just tantrumming because he isn't doing well, and looking for excuses and/or looking to jump ship to greener pastures....

Would he be happy on a team like, say, Columbus or Florida, who aren't winning but could possibly offer him major minutes played?

Interesting situation...

@brelic  I would take Orlov in a second....that guy was born to be a Flyer, nice skater, tough as NAILS!! 

Hmmm, Erat, a pure scorer who does not score, and can't play the 3rd or 4th lines cause of no physicality in his game....he should net a 4th round pick at best!!

Apparently D-man Dmitry Orlov has requested a trade also.

So What is going on in Washington?

NFN, but I'm not sure what Erat expected.  He has never lit up the league, so he's going to get minimum second line time in Wash.  You have to maximize Ovi's time on the ice.  If Erat wants to play more, maybe he should produce more.  

Damn, as a Pens fan, its actually really hard to talk about the Craps and not try to say something bad about Ovechkin.   I think I just barfed in my mouth.

@brelic  I would take Orlov in a second....that guy was born to be a Flyer, nice skater, tough as NAILS!! 

Hmmm, Erat, a pure scorer who does not score, and can't play the 3rd or 4th lines cause of no physicality in his game....he should net a 4th round pick at best!!

I've seen Orlov 2 times at Hershey.

the first time he looked pretty bad, i wonder if the time i saw him he was in the beginnings of his concussion problems ?  the second time i saw him was during the NHL lockout prior to the season resuming and he was the best player Hershey had on the ice not named Oleski. based on viewing #2 he might be worth kicking the tires on ... but we'd have to becareful trading within the division that we don't give up a guy that kicks our asses for years after Orlov bolts for home and tax free rubles and maria sharapova's little sister.... let's face it aside from it being russia there's a lot to like if you're a hockey player the puck bunnies are 1st rate i'm sure.

Edited by mojo1917