Marc-Andre Bourdon

Flyers97

@Flyers97  Kid has a really nice shot from the point, if he was half a step faster he would be an NHL regular, no doubt about it. As it stands now, his positioning needs to be very good if he has any chance of sticking. Love what he brings though, that booming shot and a wicked physical game with a mean streak. Easily our toughest d-man prospect...God, this kid needs a break!!!

I just saw the article that he has been sent down to the Phantoms for a 14 day conditioning stint. He is on a one way contract so after the 14 days, something is going to have to give on the Flyers Roster or he will actually have to clear waivers. Even with his injuries he has a lot of potential for only 600k. Does anyone else think that Gill will finally be waived at this point? With the injuries throughout the NHL for d-men it is a safe bet that someone will pick him up even but that would be a win/win for Gill and the Flyers. Someone HAS to go(defenseman) and with the pick up in Mez's play I don't think it will be him.

Let's see if he can make it through those 14 days first...

Can't argue that but if/when he does, Roster changes are going to need to be made. The question I think will be whether they waive or just plain release Gill.

I just saw the article that he has been sent down to the Phantoms for a 14 day conditioning stint. He is on a one way contract so after the 14 days, something is going to have to give on the Flyers Roster or he will actually have to clear waivers. Even with his injuries he has a lot of potential for only 600k. Does anyone else think that Gill will finally be waived at this point? With the injuries throughout the NHL for d-men it is a safe bet that someone will pick him up even but that would be a win/win for Gill and the Flyers. Someone HAS to go(defenseman) and with the pick up in Mez's play I don't think it will be him.

Waive Rosehill now.TM

• Like 1

Bourdon cleared waivers over the summer. He doesn't need to be waived again unless he actually is called up to the Flyers.

Just a question:  could they send Gus back to the A? 

Not without waiving him.

I thought it risky at the time when they waived him, but he cleared. The Flyers then placed him on non-roster IR. I wonder if it's now being incorrectly reported as a conditioning assignment - there seems to be a conflict between what Sarah Baiker and Anthony San Flippo reported, broad street hockey, for one, has edited their original report to mirror San Flippo's statement that he need not be waived. I don't see any mention of his assignment to the Phantoms on transaction lists yet, but assume that once it's made official it will show up definitively. I have noted a number of the articles regarding him reference his one-way contract as a reason for him needing to be waived if it's not a conditioning assignment, so I think it's stemming from a misunderstanding of contract terms. Holmgren's statement earlier this week doesn't reference a conditioning assignment, either:

“Marc-Andre has continued his rehab the past couple of months and has improved to the point where we anticipate him being loaned to the Phantoms this week and getting back on the road to playing professional hockey games.”