So who is your second favorite team?

yave1964

Hey, I was just wondering if any of you guys have a second team. My brother is a big Leaf fan, but I'm obviously not cheering on a division rival. <_< I like a number of teams out West though, and I have a soft spot for Dallas. I can't say they are my 'second' team as I don't care enough to watch their games on a regular basis (and I don't necessarily have the time), but they are as close to being my second team as it gets for me. I know that many people hate the concept of second teams, so I hope I didn't offend anybody. :lol: 

Also, if you don't have one, what are the teams you like/have respect for/look up to?

As long as the Lightning are not playing the Flyers, I root for them. Being from Pa originally and a Flyers fan all my life, it is hard to change teams even though I have lived in Florida for the last 25 plus years. My other second favorite team is whoever is playing the Pens. ;)

The rest of my family are in Michigan, so they cheer for the Red Wings.  I hope they do well in the East, although it's rather heretical for a Blackhawk fan to cheer for the Wings and vice versa.  :lol:   I always found the Oilers interesting, given their 1980s history ... but I only really have time for one team.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if I really have a second favorite team. Usually once the Devils are done I cheer for certain players I like, or go for the best story. And of course cheer for whoever is playing against the Rangers, Flyers, or Pens.

Personally, I tend to cheer for players over teams as a whole. There are players or duo's on a lot of teams that I absolutely love watching, even if I dislike the team.

When I flip through the channels, if my team is not playing, I tend to zone into which team has players I want to watch.

When Vancouver actually had a team (ie. pre-2014), I cheered for them mainly cuz I'm born & raised there, but not a die-hard, gung-ho, season ticket-holder fan-type.  The 2 other teams I liked to follow a bit were the Wild (cuz I rooted huge for Josh Harding but also watched when Backstrom was in net) & Stars cuz I love watching Seguin, as well as Benn when they play together & others. As far as respect for a team, I gained huge respect for the Hawks watching them in last year's playoffs vs Bruins, so I liked watching them as well. But now that Vancouver no longer has a real team to get behind, the Hawks have become my fave team & I still like watching the Stars & Wild (but not as much now that Harding hasn't been able to play).

• Like 1

When Vancouver actually had a team (ie. pre-2014), I cheered for them mainly cuz I'm born & raised there, but not a die-hard, gung-ho, season ticket-holder fan-type.  The 2 other teams I liked to follow a bit were the Wild (cuz I rooted huge for Josh Harding but also watched when Backstrom was in net) & Stars cuz I love watching Seguin, as well as Benn when they play together & others. As far as respect for a team, I gained huge respect for the Hawks watching them in last year's playoffs vs Bruins, so I liked watching them as well. But now that Vancouver no longer has a real team to get behind, the Hawks have become my fave team & I still like watching the Stars & Wild (but not as much now that Harding hasn't been able to play).

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side ... mwuhahahaha!  :lol::D

Just in time for Hawks-Wild tonight ... and hopefully this will end in a Hawks win!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was a Minnesota North Stars fan growing up.  Heartbroken when they left.  

But, I love my Minnesota Wild now and found myself liking the Nashville Predators during last years Stanley Cup playoffs.  

So, my favorite team is the Wild.  My second fav would be the North Stars.  Current second fav that is actually playing would be the Preds.

• Like 2

• hf101 pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Norseman said:

I was a Minnesota North Stars fan growing up.  Heartbroken when they left.  

But, I love my Minnesota Wild now and found myself liking the Nashville Predators during last years Stanley Cup playoffs.  

So, my favorite team is the Wild.  My second fav would be the North Stars.  Current second fav that is actually playing would be the Preds.

:welcome:  to the site.  Always great to have more Wild fans around here.

I too loved the North Stars growing up.  I had wanted this for the Wild logo, lol  I moved to Philly in the mid 80's been a Flyers fan since.

wild.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hf101 said:

:welcome:  to the site.  Always great to have more Wild fans around here.

I too loved the North Stars growing up.  I had wanted this for the Wild logo, lol  I moved to Philly in the mid 80's been a Flyers fan since.

wild.png

That logo is awesome!  

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...