Game Against San Jose

Howie58

Greetings:

Obviously we didn't know the way to or through San Jose tonight. Yikes, this was an awful performance. Our goalies were left out to dry. We ceded the game after the first period. It was almost as if we intentionally let them occupy our turf.  Our D can't cope with a team like SJ...they were too fast.  

Best,

Howie

Howie,

First period was good. I was encouraged. But then the Sharks showed why they are where they are in the standings and skated circles around the Flyers.

As an aside, the biggest difference I noticed between NHL games and Olympic games is how long NHL games are. Man, way too many whistle stoppages, penalties, and TV timeouts seem at least double in length.

• Like 1

Howie,

First period was good. I was encouraged. But then the Sharks showed why they are where they are in the standings and skated circles around the Flyers.

As an aside, the biggest difference I noticed between NHL games and Olympic games is how long NHL games are. Man, way too many whistle stoppages, penalties, and TV timeouts seem at least double in length.

Bad game to be at in person and many fans left after the 2nd period, the Ice cleaning with the skate girls gets more frequent starting about midway in the 2nd period, by the third period it seems like they come out every 5 minutes and that is overkill.

The boys really got an earful from the fans and let them know how Pathetic of a Performance it was.

We all knew the game was over after 2 periods, SAD...... 

I am sorry for dumping on the boys but the denizens of the board agreed this was a turd.  I was thinking this was a "natural experiment."  The stench was as equally bad with Mason or Emery. Both looked shell-shocked. Emery looked nearly comatose. The Rangers game will be an interesting test. Meanwhile, Homer and the brains trust have to pray that our defensive prospects come of age sooner than later. It's amazing to think that the absence of a 39 year-old warrior means so much. Play aside, what's the character of his teammates? 

Best,

Howie

Posted · Hidden by brelic, February 28, 2014 - Dupe
Hidden by brelic, February 28, 2014 - Dupe

Our defense is not equipped to play against a team with good speed and the ability to get a lot of shots of net. It was ugly for sure but I am willing get to look past this game... Let's see what we have against the Rangers.

The fact of the matter is the Flyers need wins - not ties.

Our defense is not equipped to play against a team with good speed and the ability to get a lot of shots of net. It was ugly for sure but I am willing get to look past this game... Let's see what we have against the Rangers.

The fact of the matter is the Flyers need wins - not ties.

I am sorry for dumping on the boys but the denizens of the board agreed this was a turd.  I was thinking this was a "natural experiment."  The stench was as equally bad with Mason or Emery. Both looked shell-shocked. Emery looked nearly comatose. The Rangers game will be an interesting test. Meanwhile, Homer and the brains trust have to pray that our defensive prospects come of age sooner than later. It's amazing to think that the absence of a 39 year-old warrior means so much. Play aside, what's the character of his teammates? 

Best,

Howie

The danger with last night's "boys vs. men" loss is that it could push Homer into panic mode right before the trade deadline.

• Like 1

The danger with last night's "boys vs. men" loss is that it could push Homer into panic mode right before the trade deadline.

Bre:

I hope not. But the mentality of Snider and colleagues is short-sided so you may be right. i am glad the fans booed last night. The team deserved it.

Howie

You seriously think he needs pushing? His home zip code is the panic zone.

To be fair, he actually showed a great deal of restraint during the brutal start to the season.

He fired Lavi 3 games in, which tells you it was a mistake not to fire him after the previous season.

ANd the only trade he made was Talbot for Downie, which in retrospect, is a smart deal that moves away a multi-year contract for an expiring one. Talbot was clearly frustrated and he no longer had a clear role here.

If we lose the next few games, it could be a very interesting trade deadline.

To be fair, he actually showed a great deal of restraint during the brutal start to the season.

He fired Lavi 3 games in, which tells you it was a mistake not to fire him after the previous season.

ANd the only trade he made was Talbot for Downie, which in retrospect, is a smart deal that moves away a multi-year contract for an expiring one. Talbot was clearly frustrated and he no longer had a clear role here.

If we lose the next few games, it could be a very interesting trade deadline.

so, what possible piece can we move for a faster D-man and not morgage the future which admittley we have all complained about before. Now Emery is down and what the he ll is up with Timmo not playing "because he is tired"? I'm tired allot of days but I go to work.... Just saying.

so, what possible piece can we move for a faster D-man and not morgage the future which admittley we have all complained about before. Now Emery is down and what the he ll is up with Timmo not playing "because he is tired"? I'm tired allot of days but I go to work.... Just saying.

Well, Andrew MacDonald is an interesting option. He is top pair in NY (or at least he was), so he could play a #2/3 role here. With Meszaros and Timonen likely gone by season's end, he's a solid pickup. Of course, he might make Grossmann redundant.

Streit/MacD

Coburn/Grossmann

Gus/Schenn

I'd rather have a mobile guy with Coburn. See if there's interest in Grossmann or Schenn?

Well, Andrew MacDonald is an interesting option. He is top pair in NY (or at least he was), so he could play a #2/3 role here. With Meszaros and Timonen likely gone by season's end, he's a solid pickup. Of course, he might make Grossmann redundant.

Streit/MacD

Coburn/Grossmann

Gus/Schenn

I'd rather have a mobile guy with Coburn. See if there's interest in Grossmann or Schenn?

My fear with Andrew MacDonald is that is the new Jeff Finger.  I've not seen him play but I do watch a lot of hockey and when I started to read up on available trades I was like, "who is that guy?".  I guess if I actually watched him play I could be a bit more objective.

Streit/MacD

Coburn/Grossmann

Gus/Schenn

Nice prediction

Streit/MacD

Coburn/Grossmann

Gus/Schenn

Very nice call buddy!!!