Rumors of Halak?

King Knut

Halak is the goalie the Caps need.  They just got more dangerous.  The only locker room issue Halak was was because he wanted to be the number one goalie and prior to injury had apparently earned that spot.  You WANT that kind of pissed off attitude.  Now... what will he have to do with Holtby?  

@Polaris922

As long as the Caps have OV the goalsuck being OV the goalsuck they'll never be a serious contender. Great effort on Girouxs first goal last night...LOL. -3 on Sunday, and -2 yesterday...what a captain! But he scored so he's happy.

Claude on the other hand 2 g 1 a +2 and 76% on the dot.

@Polaris922

As long as the Caps have OV the goalsuck being OV the goalsuck they'll never be a serious contender. Great effort on Girouxs first goal last night...LOL. -3 on Sunday, and -2 yesterday...what a captain! But he scored so he's happy.

Claude on the other hand 2 g 1 a +2 and 76% on the dot.

Agree completely on crazy 8. But Halak does make them tougher.

Greetings:

The question we need to answer is backup, short- and long-term. Razor is apparently OK now, but until he gets back we have an untested AHLer. Longer-term, I have to wonder if Razor comes back next year? I say no.  What then?  Do we go with an ancient Clemmenson type or go with a youngster?

Best,

Howie

Greetings:

The question we need to answer is backup, short- and long-term. Razor is apparently OK now, but until he gets back we have an untested AHLer. Longer-term, I have to wonder if Razor comes back next year? I say no.  What then?  Do we go with an ancient Clemmenson type or go with a youngster?

Best,

Howie

I would prefer to go with a youngster. We'll never know what we have unless they - you know - play actual NHL games! What a concept!

Heeter might be the next Jonathan Quick or the next Brian Boucher. We don't know until they play. I say give him a chance. You can always find a veteran backup if you really need to after the season has started.

I think Heeter might be an interesting stop gap until the end of Mase's contract. At that point, I would keep Mason as the starter, and maybe try Stolarz - who will be 23 by that time - as the backup to bring him along slowly.

Sir Bre:

I agree 100%. It's time we let one of our youngins attempt to make it in the NHL.  I think Nitty was our last to be brought into the fold. 

I forgot about Stolarz.

Right now I hope today's Inquirer article is right and that Mason isn't going to be worn out.

Howie

I would prefer to go with a youngster. We'll never know what we have unless they - you know - play actual NHL games!

Yes i wouldn't mind Heeter getting a game in the BIGs just to see him in action however from a points perspective i don't know if the Flyers can afford to take they're foot off the proverbial pedal for a rookie when points are needed so badly.

Mase will get every start he can besides they back to back which he just completed verse the NYR and Caps last weekend so they make just take the safe route for the points sake.

Other than that i'd be all for Heeter getting a game, he deserves it.

Looking at the schedule they have Toronto saturday then Jersey on tuesday and the following weekend home and home verse the Pens.

Saturday at Pens, sunday in Philly so if Emery is still dinged up maybe look for Heeter to get a start in one of those games. Or Mase could start both.