Megna.......

Vanflyer

Come on Van... Guys drive defensemen to the net every period of every game. Megna himself never touched Mason. It's unfortunate and I wish Mason to not be hurt, but that's a run of the mill hockey play. I'm shocked they even called a penalty!

Edited by Polaris922

your kinda right .

Should have called two on that play 2 for crossing checking and 2 for G I.

They only called the goalie Inter .

See well through those tinted lenses? They almost never call that garbage, and I firmly believe Mason embellished it now that I can watch it up close. Simmonds alone made contact with Fleury twice and no call because Fleury didnt act like he was shot. You should be embarrassed you're sticking up for that kind of call to be honest. I would be!

Edited by Polaris922

I was thinking the same about you Polaris those pens glasses must be pretty thick man. Your telling me that wasn't done purposely what are you watching? That definitely should of been goalie interference and cross checking, double minor my man. I guess the scrub that did it knew he is never going to be **** he must make a name for himself somehow and take out a goalie. A teammate with james neal....huh.... must of just rubbed off from him.....

Edited by Philly29

Does not matter boys..

Flyers won. End of story... Let the fans from western pa have their glory while wearing camo and John deer hats. Pens are gonna be bounced in round one anyway...

I'm sure a lot of Pens were happy when the Flyers won it in overtime and  knew that their Pens weren't facing the Flyers in the first round, eventhough it would have been hated series between the two teams.

Guys drive defensemen to the net every period of every game. Megna himself never touched Mason. It's unfortunate and I wish Mason to not be hurt, but that's a run of the mill hockey play. I'm shocked they even called a penalty!

He knew exactly what he was doing!!! it was not a bam bam play. Completely meditated by a guy that has nothing. Put your teeth back in and take your glasses off. 

and I firmly believe Mason embellished it now that I can watch it up close.

Embellished it all the way to the dressing room and exiting the game. You would be roaring if it was xxxxx doing it to Fleury. 

Come on Van... Guys drive defensemen to the net every period of every game. Megna himself never touched Mason. It's unfortunate and I wish Mason to not be hurt, but that's a run of the mill hockey play. I'm shocked they even called a penalty!

See well through those tinted lenses? They almost never call that garbage, and I firmly believe Mason embellished it now that I can watch it up close. Simmonds alone made contact with Fleury twice and no call because Fleury didnt act like he was shot. You should be embarrassed you're sticking up for that kind of call to be honest. I would be!

Really Polaris? The guy shoves the defenceman back into the goalie. That's a penalty. Mason leaves the game after playing lights out, but he embellished? This isn't Crosby lying on the ice after a tap looking out of the corner of his eye at the ref, then jumping up to take the face off on the pp.

Tinted glasses indeed.

• Like 2

Here ya go guys, yes, Megna pushed the defender back into the goalie.   Simple physics and replays prove it.   So what?  Every team does it. If a player is being kept from the net from a defender, he'll push the defender back to try to screen/bump/push the goalie.  In this case, the defender fell on the goaltender, and a possible injury occured.  The only reason we're talking about something that happens all the time is that the goalie went out of the game and it was a Penguins that caused it this time.

your kinda right .

Should have called two on that play 2 for crossing checking and 2 for G I.

They only called the goalie Inter .

Really?   Jeez, aren't you forgetting the 2 for interference since megna didn't have the puck, and was being prevented in getting to the goal? :ph34r:  Yes, this was a facetious comment. Two guys battling for position in front of the net happens all the time,  If you're going to look at a play like that and think you have cross checking, you've got a problem, and I wouldn't watch the playoffs if I were you.

Edited by nossagog

@nossagog

The only reason I'm talking about it is because a guy I usually consider credible on here is saying it wasn't even a penalty and the guy who left the game injured was faking.

Yes that play happens, and it's a penalty.

No problem, its just one of fan things, you have this gut feel to jump in whenever you see the chance to defend your fellow fan(or pile on an opposing fan :ph34r: )

• Like 1

It's a load of crap. Simmonds and Hartnell do it ten times a game. All teams do it and goalies get run into the net all the time with no penalty as long as the puck is in the crease. Don't go spouting BS that its ok for your boys to charge the net and nobody else. This whole thread is completely biased bullsquat. I shouldn't have to defend a hockey play just because it was gold on orange instead of orange on gold.

No I wouldn't be ranting if it were Fleury. I'm more reasonable than that.

post-649-0-51229900-1397417117_thumb.jpg

Here ya go guys, yes, Megna pushed the defender back into the goalie. Simple physics and replays prove it. So what? Every team does it. If a player is being kept from the net from a defender, he'll push the defender back to try to screen/bump/push the goalie. In this case, the defender fell on the goaltender, and a possible injury occured. The only reason we're talking about something that happens all the time is that the goalie went out of the game and it was a Penguins that caused it this time.

Agree. But what you are saying is very different from that Mason dove.

Yes, it's a run of the mill play where the goalie got hurt.

It wasn't axe murder and it wasn't a dive.

It's a load of crap. Simmonds and Hartnell do it ten times a game. All teams do it and goalies get run into the net all the time with no penalty as long as the puck is in the crease. Don't go spouting BS that its ok for your boys to charge the net and nobody else. This whole thread is completely biased bullsquat. I shouldn't have to defend a hockey play just because it was gold on orange instead of orange on gold.

No I wouldn't be ranting if it were Fleury. I'm more reasonable than that.

And when they do it, they get two minutes. And a new hate thread on here if it was Hartnell.

Why do pens fans post more of our forum then there own?

Come on. On this site? Really?

There's only about five of them and us Flyers fans go on the Pens board just as much or there would be no discussion. And the "new content" link doesn't differentiate. It just lists thread topics.

Sorry but the "why do other fans post on our board" may work on piss poor sites like Philly.com but here? You need a little better than the loser "my ovaries can't take an opposing view" whine.

This isn't meant strictly for you or as a personal attack, but I've seen this a few times recently (don't recall whom but I don't think it was you) and it bothers me.