Our #1 defensive pairing...

pensuck

I AM Definitely Not A doughburn Fan But Him And Timmo have 0 Pts And Are A Combined -8. That's Terrible Numbers For Your #1Pairing. Time For Timmo To Move On And Trade Doughburn.

I agree i just put them on blast in the shoutbox. Is it only on them/ no.

But their opponents #1 D pair are showing them up. Many won't like calling them out but i'm tired of people putting it all on G.

There 17 other guys needing to step up.

And it start with the number one Dmen....period.

They are letting guys skate around the Dzone at will, Kimmo getting pushed around by St. Louie in game #3 for the 2nd scored the other night it can't happen, two stumpy short guys going at it and Kimmo lost.

There was some improvement i didn't see Coburn pass it up the middle in the Dzone straight to a Ranger like in game #2. But hey have to be better.

Amac is leading them in ice time and he and Schenn are outplaying them.

Yes they may not play the same level of competition that Coby and Kimmo...doesn't matter you have to know your assignments and men you are suppose to cover he and Kimmo need better communication and it seems they have played together for a decade and yet they play sometimes like it's their first game together....step it up guys.

Thes two are banking 10.5 mill all we want is a return on our investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

End of rant!

Edited by OccamsRazor
  • Like 1

wow.. didn't realize their numbers were that bad. I still find it hard to really pinpoint any one or pair at this point. I mean, it's a fair argument to make, but i'm just disappointed in the team play overall. Collectively, they are playing their B, and at times, C game. We have only seen their A game for maybe like the 3rd period of gm2. That's all I can recall right now. It seems, to me, that the Rangers are playing their B game, but very consistently. 

Good news is that the Flyers have another gear they haven't really reached much in this series. Let's just hope they can shift to it before it's all over. For me, it's over if they lose tonight. THIS is THE game... they need it. 

• Like 1

wow.. didn't realize their numbers were that bad. I still find it hard to really pinpoint any one or pair at this point. I mean, it's a fair argument to make, but i'm just disappointed in the team play overall. Collectively, they are playing their B, and at times, C game. We have only seen their A game for maybe like the 3rd period of gm2. That's all I can recall right now. It seems, to me, that the Rangers are playing their B game, but very consistently. 

Good news is that the Flyers have another gear they haven't really reached much in this series. Let's just hope they can shift to it before it's all over. For me, it's over if they lose tonight. THIS is THE game... they need it. 

Yes these two have played together for going on 7 years....but they don't display that chemistry on the ice its still like keystone cops with these two most times. Cannot win like that...these are two Cup vets this team relies heavily on right or wrong it is the case...so they need to step up their game along with everyone else.

It's all i ask you are getting compensated like the #1 Dpair damnit play like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me, it's over if they lose tonight. THIS is THE game... they need it.

Agreed!

Mase is back, they're in Philly, they're playing the hated Rangers, Giroux guaranteed a win, and this is a must-win game.

If they can't get fired up for this game, not much will fire them up.

Agreed!

Mase is back, they're in Philly, they're playing the hated Rangers, Giroux guaranteed a win, and this is a must-win game.

If they can't get fired up for this game, not much will fire them up.

All the makings to come out flat.......

There is a multitude of problems; not just the defense and not just the goaltending.  The Flyers are NOT having a good playoff series so far, no matter how you look at it. 

But to this topic. Tiimo is looking bad.  He looks old, slow and not physical.  I htink it's just time to admit the guy is done.

I didn't think they fared well against the Rangers before the series even started, but I haved to say I am shocked at how grossly the Rangers outperformed the Flyers so far.  It's just not a pretty series to watch from the Flyers' fans perspective.

I say if they lose tonight, it's pretty much over.

I AM Definitely Not A doughburn Fan But Him And Timmo have 0 Pts And Are A Combined -8. That's Terrible Numbers For Your #1Pairing. Time For Timmo To Move On And Trade Doughburn.

Doughburn and BSchenn + for Weber. Done deal.  :D

There is a multitude of problems; not just the defense and not just the goaltending.  The Flyers are NOT having a good playoff series so far, no matter how you look at it. 

But to this topic. Tiimo is looking bad.  He looks old, slow and not physical.  I htink it's just time to admit the guy is done.

I didn't think they fared well against the Rangers before the series even started, but I haved to say I am shocked at how grossly the Rangers outperformed the Flyers so far.  It's just not a pretty series to watch from the Flyers' fans perspective.

I say if they lose tonight, it's pretty much over.

No. If they lose tonight, it IS over. Start picking out caskets for the season.

The shifts started going into another gear after the Grossman injury - like they flipped the playing field  - didn't ya think?   Interesting to see if they can sustain that intensity back-to-back, a draining win or a new gustafason? If Nash played all his shifts like the end, watch out

If Nash played all his shifts like the end, watch out

Nash played that way cause the Flyer went into their defensive prevent Defense isall....it was a hell of a game but the whole team played with much better intensity, nice win with that said if Emery is in there it wold have been a loss...Mase was outstanding and stole that one for his first ever playoff win and he made it memorable. Nice timing.

• Like 2

I think Gustafsson would be the better choice because of his speed and superior defensive awareness, the kid's rarely out of position.

I like the idea of Gill pasting a few rangers forwards against the boards but I also could see Zuccarello or Hagelin or St Louis or anyone with above average speed skating right past him like he was Mike Rathje out there.

I'd rather see Gill over Gus. The size and experience is the discriminator for me.

I would have felt that way too.... earlier in the season. Gus was really making a lot of obvious mistakes out there toward the end of the season. I'm just talking about the eye test, I'm not looking at any numbers. But, He seemed to be a liability. He hasn't looked great since coming back from that sprained knee... at least from what I've seen. 

Isnt it wrong to pair Gustafsson with Streit? With gus we have 3 dynamic D Men and 3 stay at home. Kimmo,Gus, streit should be paired with coburn,schenn,McDonald

That does seem like the best parings especially with Gus and Schenn looking good together in the last half of the season.

Streit and Amac having played together a little on the Isle.

With mixing up the forwards it was safer to just plug the hole than mix up the D pairs too i think is what Berube was doing.

Flyers i hope now have put the pressure on NY now at home.

Loser go home.................Flyer are undefeated this year in the playoffs in elimination games!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully This Series Has Convinced Most Of What I've Been Saying.Doughburn Blows. Are We Waiting For Him To Get Better? He makes Rookie Mistakes Almost Every Game. I Started A Post Earlier This Year About Trading Him To Edmonton For Eberle. Im Not Sure That's The Answer But He's Gotta Go. He Can Take Hartnell And B Schenn With Him. I Haven't Looked At His Final Playoff Stats But I'll BetThey Are Terrible.

Hopefully This Series Has Convinced Most Of What I've Been Saying.Doughburn Blows. Are We Waiting For Him To Get Better? He makes Rookie Mistakes Almost Every Game. I Started A Post Earlier This Year About Trading Him To Edmonton For Eberle. Im Not Sure That's The Answer But He's Gotta Go. He Can Take Hartnell And B Schenn With Him. I Haven't Looked At His Final Playoff Stats But I'll BetThey Are Terrible.

Doughburn was Doughburn.... INCONSISTENT. He had a few really good showings and then he had... last night. He was god awful and there's no way around acknowledging that. It wouldn't be as devastating if he weren't one of our #1, #2 guys. That is the real problem... we're supremely shallow on D. Some young guys are really gonna get a good look to get into the big leagues this summer. 

Our top defensive paring....needs to change.

A Mac need not be playing those minutes or we'll hate him... same with "Dogburn" you guys are harsh. he's probably the best all around defenseman we have... however, he does not react well to a strong forecheck since pgh broke his face.

We need some new blood back there and i full expect to see a "name" guy as the anchor.

Our top defensive paring....needs to change.

Some really interesting Corsi stats on the whole defense this year....for example 35.8% percent of Streit shots were blocked this season compared to just 27% of Kimmos.

Combined that with the percentage that missed Streit 20.8% missed, Kimmo 20.8% missed.

Percentage on net Streit 43.4% Kimmo 51.9%. I just used those two for examples. Luke actually had the least blocked shots 42.3%.

Cliche maybe? But it is obvious there is no chemistry between Coburn and Kimmonen any more.  Streit did not carry a puck over the blue line enough and Gustafson played well considering he was not on the ice most of the playoffs.Schenn did not make  me feel good that we gave up JVR for him. Macdonald can play better i am sure with the right pairing next season he will do better. JMHO

Edited by Phlyer1