Fairwell Fairweather

The past? What are you talking about? I am talking about now. He had 52 points. That is his 3rd best year of his 13 year career.

What have you done for me lately, nothing you did in the regular season (which the last half he did nothing really in) gets you anything in the playoffs . I talking about the 7 games in the playoffs he looked like a turd on skates in the playoffs he lead the team in shots and all he could muster was 3 points.....he is a boat anchor.

The best thing they can do now is just get him off the first line. I mean i know they are stuck with him till about 2025 but jeezus can some one get him some training wheels????? If they keep him off the 1st i'll be happy for now.

What have you done for me lately, nothing you did in the regular season (which the last half he did nothing really in) gets you anything in the playoffs . I talking about the 7 games in the playoffs he looked like a turd on skates in the playoffs he lead the team in shots and all he could muster was 3 points.....he is a boat anchor.

The best thing they can do now is just get him off the first line. I mean i know they are stuck with him till about 2025 but jeezus can some one get him some training wheels????? If they keep him off the 1st i'll be happy for now.

it's the internet and we're all entitled to our opinions ... however, to my eye Hartnell was one of the few Flyers that hit vs the Rangers, I thought for him, he was pretty decent, not many guys really produced in the series and he did have a few turnovers, but for me he was far from the worst Flyer in the series.

Here's the thing for me, in that series his skating showed itself as a liability, usually he can get by because he's a pretty smart offensive player and has very good hands  , he just could not keep the pace voracek and G needed to set to get the separation from the Rangers.  

He will be fine on a line where the idea is to grind the other team down.  Him Schenn and Simmer should have been a line all season and going forward , because they punished bitches.... Schenn is best when he can play heavy in the pivot and those two wings will allow for that.

I blame Clarkie.. i mean Snider for bringing in the VLC  and forcing more square pegs into star shaped holes. 

Flyers that hit vs the Rangers

Yes but how many times did he leave his side wide open to take himself out a play to make that hit....then how many times must we watch him flub a pass that G or Jake shake a guy to make for him to eff it up then in the first or was it the second game he turns the puck over and he is the last guy you see to come in and back check after Rangers had already scored that was embarrassing.

And i won't even go into detail the many times no one would even touch him and the puck comes to him and he falls down.

He did look much better with Schenn and Simmer where he should stay.

We're stuck with him but i hope they have him on the 2nd or 3rd the first. He wasn't alone looking bad out there he just stood out more.

The worst part is Homer should have never signed him to that contract but we'll just add his to the many....

And you expect what from him? A ppg (or something in that range)? Don't be an ass because you don't like the guy. As you point out, he lead the team in shots, he was third on the team in hits, and what you're mad because he only had 3 points? It's called perspective. Get some.

And you expect what from him?

A GOAL....we'll start slowly and go from there.....not asking him to win the conn smythe just a goal in 7 games...i know, i know the nerve right!!!!!!

Don't be an ass because you don't like the guy.

Why not you do it all the time.

Besides i'm entitled to my opinion...and i'm not asking to much.

Edited by OccamsRazor

Man, there is a stat!  Who would have thought right!

I used to hate the guy. He's still not my favorite player in the world - I think he's kind of dumb to be honest - but he's obviously not "on the decline" yet. He's not the smartest or most talented guy, but you can't honestly complain about him this year. It's one of the best years of his career points wise and he's one of the few guys on this team (they're small/soft imo) that hits or tries to get things going physically.

A GOAL....we'll start slowly and go from there.....not asking him to win the conn smythe just a goal in 7 games...i know, i know the nerve right!!!!!!

So 4 points in 7 games shuts you up, but 3 and you're bitching like a girl on her period? Because that makes sense.

Why not you do it all the time.

Besides i'm entitled to my opinion...and i'm not asking to much.

Oh well hey, since you're playing the opinion card, that negates anything and everything. You can't be wrong then, because it's your "opinion".

So 4 points in 7 games shuts you up, but 3 and you're bitching like a girl on her period? Because that makes sense.

Yes thats it cause that is what i said....4 points and the Cup is ours.....ah no i said we'll start with a goal and go from there baby steps. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.... 

Yes thats it cause that is what i said....4 points and the Cup is ours.....ah no i said we'll start with a goal and go from there baby steps. I see reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.... 

Baby steps? Do you know anything about what kind of player he is? Stats, strengths, weaknesses, and that kind of stuff? I would have liked to seen a goal from him too, but his career avg in the playoffs is .52 ppg. You aren't going to get much more out of Scott Hartnell - points wise - than you did this series. He was slightly below his avg this year, but 1 more point would have put him above his career PO ppg average. You aren't going to get much more than 3-4 points out of a guy like that in a 7 game series.

If you are going to hate a guy, hate him for something that's actually true.

Biggest problems in the Rags series....

1) Not having Mason for the start of the series

2) Team speed/ 5 on 5 play

3) Defensive zone coverage

4) Lack of production from the big guns.

Thought Streit played surprisingly steady, ditto for Luke. Having Grossmann go down was a bit of a Godsend, cause Gus's overall speed and agility was a breath of fresh air. I'm still convinced there is a offensive dynamo locked up in there, the Flyers brutally mismanaged Gus this year. Never got enough playing time for us to really know what we have.....again.

@doom88  Seeing the offensive flair of Akeson was a nice surprise. I knew he could do it at the OHL and AHL levels, but seeing him in the zone in the bigs was very nice to see. Loved his play without the puck also. His vision for the whole ice surface was obvious and makes up for the lack of size.

With Akeson and Raffl coming back with renewed vigor, it would be tough for any other forward prospect to leapfrog those two and secure an NHL job...which is exactly what a young Flyer forward prospect has in front of them....a daunting task to say the least.

@jammer2

I honestly never thought Akeson could play in the NHL. It's only a small sample size, but he looked like he fit in.

One thing i did notice is he does have to get stronger so hope he find a good strength coach this off season otherwise for just the small sample size he looked pretty decent still a lot of room to grow but he didn't look like he didn't belong.

I thought Couturier was horrendous this series, he was weak on the puck and way, way too cute with it in our zone.

I think there is a place for Scott Hartnell on my team, he's just not able to skate with Jake and G , for me a priority this offseason is to find a winger for the top line, I'm great with Simmer Schenn and Hartnell on the second line they're big , and play heavy... i think in that role we's all like 19 a lot better, he still got 20/30 which is fine for me.

I also think there needs to be a trade and a signing to upgrade our defense. now does that include a Schenn or MacDonald, or Couturier ? if the piece coming back is awesome, then 'd be okay with it, I'm talking an legit top pairing guy , and try to pry Niskanen from Pgh. That will be tough given it's going across the state to the hated rival, but they are deep with prospects and won't want to pay him...i can feel it in the force.

i have to say i'm not all "they suck" and " this sucks" , my expectations for this group have been met and exceeded. If they can be allowed to grow as a group i'd be okay with what we have with an addition or two to the blue line.

I do think this playoff series cemented the fact that we need a top line winger, and to get more mobile with our defense. if MacDonald and Coburn are playing mid pairing minutes we'll like them a lot better. just like Hartnell.

This post. Mostly. I don't know that anything needs to be done on D... There are enough seemingly quality guys about to come up, patience is key back there. But re: Hartnell, the second and first lines, spot on. Deal for a first line winger +1.

I thought Couturier was horrendous this series, he was weak on the puck and way, way too cute with it in our zone.

I think there is a place for Scott Hartnell on my team, he's just not able to skate with Jake and G , for me a priority this offseason is to find a winger for the top line, I'm great with Simmer Schenn and Hartnell on the second line they're big , and play heavy... i think in that role we's all like 19 a lot better, he still got 20/30 which is fine for me.

I also think there needs to be a trade and a signing to upgrade our defense. now does that include a Schenn or MacDonald, or Couturier ? if the piece coming back is awesome, then 'd be okay with it, I'm talking an legit top pairing guy , and try to pry Niskanen from Pgh. That will be tough given it's going across the state to the hated rival, but they are deep with prospects and won't want to pay him...i can feel it in the force.

i have to say i'm not all "they suck" and " this sucks" , my expectations for this group have been met and exceeded. If they can be allowed to grow as a group i'd be okay with what we have with an addition or two to the blue line.

I do think this playoff series cemented the fact that we need a top line winger, and to get more mobile with our defense. if MacDonald and Coburn are playing mid pairing minutes we'll like them a lot better. just like Hartnell.

By the way, don't really agree about Couturier, but it really didn't help he was playing with a sports hernia

By the way, don't really agree about Couturier, but it really didn't help he was playing with a sports hernia

Funny you should mention that, when I learned of his injury "it all began to make sense".

It seemed to me there were many instances where he could have made a simple play to chip a puck out of the d-zone to relieve some pressure but he would not, now maybe could not male that play.

@mojo1917  Yeah, I had the feeling all series that something was off with Cooter. He did not have that in your face, down and dirty style that he is well known for. He looked like he was trying to survive rather than be a thorn in the side, and that is obviously not his game.