Prospect update 2014-2015

brelic

@OccamsRazor  I really think Leier has a legit chance to be the surprise of training camp. His style of play is perfect for Hakstol, and by all accounts, he is the EXACT type of player that Hak covets. I agree, he is probably the very first LW call up, but there is an outside chance this guy will impress the hell out of Hak and Hex and make the team out of training camp. Logic says that he spends at least another year in the AHL....but odd things can happen. His strong play without the puck puts him ahead of many prospects....time will tell.

That's all well and good, but he's not trying to edge out prospects, he's trying to edge out roster players if he wants to be a surprise out of camp.

Flyers have 13 forwards signed and that includes VanDeVeLdE (who played for Hakstol at UND).

I don't see him at all supplanting any top six guys and so he's looking at taking Bellemare/Raffl/White's spot at best. I'm not sure that Hextall would make that move but, as you say, time will tell..

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@radoran  You just never know, maybe a few injuries help out Leier. It makes perfect sense for him to spend another year in the AHL, but I do believe his play without the puck might just put him in a spot to leapfrog a few players/prospects.

@radoran  You just never know, maybe a few injuries help out Leier. It makes perfect sense for him to spend another year in the AHL, but I do believe his play without the puck might just put him in a spot to leapfrog a few players/prospects.

And there can also be trades, etc.

I just don't know that anyone is going to get that unless they really blow the doors off Hextall. Leier would have to show that he's so far beyond ready to be in the NHL that they have no choice but to use him.

• 2 weeks later...

Flyers add AHL depth, sign Logan Pyett, Geoff Walker

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/flyers-add-minor-league-depth-sign-logan-pyett-geoff-walker

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9344

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=12118

Sounds like these are the new age Rosehill and Stortini for the Phantoms...that i'm ok with, guy who can fight and play.

@OccamsRazor  I'd be shocked if they both made it, but both can throw....the Phantoms are shaping up like a tough team to crack this year. If you want to make the team, you basically have to force out a player who has NHL experience or a highly thought of prospect.

@OccamsRazor  I'd be shocked if they both made it, but both can throw....the Phantoms are shaping up like a tough team to crack this year. If you want to make the team, you basically have to force out a player who has NHL experience or a highly thought of prospect.

Yeah i don't want these guys playing over prospects...but they are more grit for the team Rosehill, Stortini and Hexy son are gone so they were replaced with guys who could throw as well...and can possibly play a little more than the guys they replace. I'm hoping Gordon wants to ice the most talented team not just the toughest. But Goul and Mathers will be there to to help drop the gloves if need be...plus we know Morin will.

Yeah i don't want these guys playing over prospects...but they are more grit for the team Rosehill, Stortini and Hexy son are gone so they were replaced with guys who could throw as well...and can possibly play a little more than the guys they replace. I'm hoping Gordon wants to ice the most talented team not just the toughest. But Goul and Mathers will be there to to help drop the gloves if need be...plus we know Morin will.

I think Mathers will be doing more fighting than Goulbourne. Yeah Ghoul can throw down, but he can also play and I think that's going tho be Hextall and Gordon's focus with him - get Ghoul typ focus more on playing and less on throwing down with someone. Add for the signings, nothing wrong with having a tough guy in the lineup. As long as the time in the game is minimal and they're doing what is asked of them, you can still play a tough guy. The moment they deviate from the plan, out of the lineup they go.

Ghoul

Between Ghoul, Ghost, and Halloween colours, we might have ourselves a new theme in the years to come.

I present to you the 2018-2019 Philadelphia Undead.

Let's hope no team drafts a cleric. Then we're screwed.

Interesting tidbit Michael Parks is listed as a rookie camp attendee on September 14th so he must be planning on earning a contract.

Bravo for him i'm glad the Flyers aren't just losing out on him.

He must think he has a good shot because he could just sign a deal with another club if he wanted, maybe there is no other offer or he just wants to earn his place in Philly either way it's a win win for the Flyers it seems.

I don't know what that means but I can guess it is a pretty shady part of town?

Kensington Steet is a world famous open air drug market where heroin is usually the drug of choice. Saw it on Drugs.Inc.....the worlds best and most interesting drug show btw....it's great.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived