Speaking of smart hockey players how bout that French dude

mojo1917

Bellmare looking like he's a bonified NHL player , smart, fast, tough, good hands...good find by the scouts...after the Olympics he was going to get a call from someone.

Yes it has taken some time adapting to the speed of this league i'm sure he'll continue to grow he has skills you just can't teach......like speed.

For the life of me i'm not sure why he hasn't gotten some time on the ice with G and Jake maybe it will come soon. Nice to see him get his first last night. The most impressive part of his first goal was the fact that it came after he skated for a while on the PK and he was gassed yet continued to skate down during the transition which is nice to see him contributing thereto as well.

I was impressed by how he said he wanted to drive the net to open up the ice for Couturier when he scored. Making a heads up play at the end of a long PK. That's good stuff , the wheels and brains , nice.

Bellemare is playing well, but that could partially be because there isn't much counter scouting material yet. Raffl had his early moments too.

Raffl continued to contribute, even after "his book" was released, I expect similar performance from PEB.

Speed , smarts and hands are good attributes ...attributes I want on my hockey team . Even if he winds up a 40 pt player he's adding value.

For the life of me i'm not sure why he hasn't gotten some time on the ice with G and Jake maybe it will come soon.

Berube is on record saying something like.. "We know it's a big adjustment coming from the European game to the NHL game... we felt it was best to start him on the 4th line, but we know he has the skills to end up on the 2nd line."

Looks like they wanted to 'insulate' him a bit and let him get his feet wet before lining up against other teams' top players.

It was very uncomfortable watching Regis hit on him after the Pens game. Regis talking to him in French as he gazed into Bellemare's eyes while handing him the puck from his first NHL goal. :rolleyes:

He played for how long as a pro??  Nice find, but let's get some more scouts trolling the KHL and Euro leagues. The fact he was not found until he was 29 is dumbfounding to me. Maybe it took the Olympics on a grand stage to prove things, but honestly....skating and hands are skating and hands...he should have been found long before this year....at least our scouts got it done and beat everyone else to it....really, really impressed by this guy.

Raffl continued to contribute, even after "his book" was released, I expect similar performance from PEB.

Speed , smarts and hands are good attributes ...attributes I want on my hockey team . Even if he winds up a 40 pt player he's adding value.

Raffl had 1 point in 14 games in Oct/Nov last season, -3

Then 10 points in 14 games in December (first line promotion), +5

Then 5 in 14 in January, -2

2 in 5 in February, +1

3 in 14 in March, -1

2 in 7 in April +2

2 in 7 so far this year, -4

@radoran

not sure what you're saying with the plus minus numbers...

Raffl is serviceable smart NHL player,he can play in multiple lineup slots and in all situations... maybe not the best on the PP but a good 5 on 5 guy who is responsible defensively.  

Other than he was a 20+ pt player last year i'm not sure what bone you're picking.

@radoran

not sure what you're saying with the plus minus numbers...

Raffl is serviceable smart NHL player,he can play in multiple lineup slots and in all situations... maybe not the best on the PP but a good 5 on 5 guy who is responsible defensively.  

Other than he was a 20+ pt player last year i'm not sure what bone you're picking.

Just posting his production over time - plus/minus is just one of the "big three (four?)" stats (G, A, P, +/-). He made a big splash on the first line when he got on it and then when the "book" came out - so to speak - his production tailed off significantly. It remains in the 4 points per 14 games range and not the 10 in 14 he posted briefly.

He is certainly "serviceable" but let's not overstate. He will "contribute" but is basically a 20-point player. Nothing wrong with that. Nothing spectacular, either.

Likewise, I like Bellemare, but I'm not expecting great things. Aside from a nice personal history story and solid mark for French hockey, right now he's just one of a boatload of similar players.

That said, I hope he blossoms into a Matt Read instead of staying a Michael Raffl.

@radoran

he did contribute...he wasn't a turd.

I'm not seeing where i overstated anything.  

I didn't say all star i didn't even say really good.  i said serviceable.  

I also put a ceiling on Bellmare as a 40 pt player...which isn't pie in the sky either.

i am not in need of a whole lot of "reality checking" , thanks.

i do agree with hoping he turns into more of a Read type player than a Raffle type player.

@radoran

he did contribute...he wasn't a turd.

I'm not seeing where i overstated anything.  

I didn't say all star i didn't even say really good.  i said serviceable.  

I also put a ceiling on Bellmare as a 40 pt player...which isn't pie in the sky either.

i am not in need of a whole lot of "reality checking" , thanks.

i do agree with hoping he turns into more of a Read type player than a Raffle type player.

The only context here was doom saying this

Bellemare is playing well, but that could partially be because there isn't much counter scouting material yet. Raffl had his early moments too.

To which you said

And I responded that, in fact, the release of Raffl's "book" did result in a significant downswing of his production. That's not a "reality check" for you - that's reality.

I hope that we don't get "similar performance" from PEB. I hope it is better.

Not trying to be a pain in the tuckus, but trying to maybe raise Bellemare's ceiling if nothing else.

Bellmare looking like he's a bonified NHL player , smart, fast, tough, good hands...good find by the scouts...after the Olympics he was going to get a call from someone.

When they signed him, I did not know a lick about him. I went to youtube to watch some highlights. And while playing in a lower level league, you could see everything that you mentioned.

Of all the things surrounding the team this year, he is a feel good story.

Changed from 10 likes for supporting members in 24hrs to 30 likes in 24 hours.  Is that enough?

Hey thanks hf. I was not trying to be any kind of way about it , sorry . My statement does not read very kindly. My apologies .

Archived