Coburn and Old McDonald out 4 weeks

DaGreatGazoo

well boys we're getting our wish...the kids will play.

I am not sure mojo...   I can see ALT and maybe Ollie/Manning?  The latter I think is just a temporary plug b/c I honeslty dont see either as a full time NHLer... I still believe that Gost is going to remain in the AHL this year.  Hagg maybe?

Certainly will be interesting...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey you know, they haven't been too shitty.

I have been okay with Lukey the Slow ®  and MDZ .  I think Del Zotto has been fine and I think i'm starting to see some chemistry building between those two players... they do fit the pairing model of puck mover and stay at home guy .... i have, maybe not good feelings about them but neither am i filled with dread when they are on the ice.  it's not ryan parent a lucas kraijec bad you know

Krajicek was -10 and Parent -14.

Schenn is already -8 after 7 games! :)

I wonder - is the "puck mover and stay at home guy" pairing something regularly done throughout the league? Or is it done here because that's what we've got? I don't watch other teams regularly at all, so I never noticed.

Krajicek was -10 and Parent -14.

Schenn is already -8 after 7 games! :)

I wonder - is the "puck mover and stay at home guy" pairing something regularly done throughout the league? Or is it done here because that's what we've got? I don't watch other teams regularly at all, so I never noticed.

I think it is done w/ other teams... the major difference is that THE OTHER TEAMS have at least AVERAGE defensemen.   Where we have highly paid pylons... ;)

I am wondering if our scouts in Europe are going to suggest another PEB?  I also wonder if MdD and Coburn go on LT disabled?  I don't know the rules for that--just thinking about salary savings.

Factor in a starting goalie who is iffy...should be "interesting" in a way we really don't like.

Howie

hey you know, they haven't been too shitty.

I have been okay with Lukey the Slow ® and MDZ . I think Del Zotto has been fine and I think i'm starting to see some chemistry building between those two players... they do fit the pairing model of puck mover and stay at home guy .... i have, maybe not good feelings about them but neither am i filled with dread when they are on the ice. it's not ryan parent a lucas kraijec bad you know

Agreed fully.

So, the WFC...built on an indian burial ground? Team doctor stayed in a holiday inn express?

250px-Dr._Nick_at_Night.png

AMEN BROTHER!!!

I know they like the guy, but evidence is to the contrary.

If I need an operation I want the doctor who saves patients, not the one with the great bed side manner and a ton of dead patients.

If a tow truck driver tells you he toes a lot of Chryslers, you should buy a Subaru.

time for McCrossin to retire.

Brelic... one word.........Mcrossin :rolleyes:

AMEN BROTHER!!!

I know they like the guy, but evidence is to the contrary.

If I need an operation I want the doctor who saves patients, not the one with the great bed side manner and a ton of dead patients.

If a tow truck driver tells you he toes a lot of Chryslers, you should buy a Subaru.

time for McCrossin to retire.

In all fairness, he's NOT a doctor.

He's the key figure in initial assessment of a injury In a game. I.e. Determining if they'll be aggravating something worse by continuing to play without an assessment. Especially away games. At least that's how it works most places.

But that's just his role in this most recent debacle.

There are plenty of other reasons they could Use a Change.

We don't even have a diagnosis for any of these guys. Where are you getting the broken foot thing?

I never understood the lack of faith in McCrossin. Its not like McCrossin is out there hitting these guys in the feet with pucks or doing something to cause the players to pull muscles. Injuries happen.

I never understood the lack of faith in McCrossin. Its not like McCrossin is out there hitting these guys in the feet with pucks or doing something to cause the players to pull muscles. Injuries happen.

Aggravating soft injuries like groin strains is 100% his fault. Remember all of those?

Well, now we have the Ryan Whitney rumor.  We all know Homer's love of reclamation projects.  This is an interesting gig.  But the read says he is Forsberg Redux with foot problems.  Sad...he had a promising start.

Howie

Well, now we have the Ryan Whitney rumor.

Ryan Whitney couldn't crack the lineup with Florida last year. He spent most of the year in the AHL in San Antonio. There's a reason why he is in the KHL now. He hasn't sniffed the ice over there, either! Good thing he turned down the contract!

@AlaskaFlyerFan

I'd rather bring in Whitney than trade an asset to fill a temporary hole. Of course then we're stuck with yet another lameass defenceman for the year when Coburn/mac come back. I'm fine with one of the kids...just hope Ghost doesn't take a beating in the corners against the Kings big mean S.O.B forwards.

just hope Ghost doesn't take a beating in the corners against the Kings big mean S.O.B forwards.

Agree FC... this will be a good game to see where he is at in terms of playing a tough physical game.   As you said... the Kings have some guys that bang down low.

Archived