Milan Lucic calls someone gutless. Really?!?

yave1964

Milan Lucic who has a history of cheap shots at the end of a period, he may have even taken Danny Dekeyser's testicles home with him after skewering him at the end of the second period in a playoff game last year, and has a history of borderline hits got knocked on his rear with one punch by Dalton Prout the other night. Lucic was asked about it by reporters a day later.

"It was the end of the game and I let him know that I wasn't going to fight him," Lucic recalled. "I wasn't prepared and I let my guard down and that's what happens when you let your guard down. I've been in over 100 fights and I never took a shot like that."

BS.

Lucic makes a living with cheap shots at the end of periods and games, he had been stirring it up and when Prout called him out, Lucic skated up into Prouts face and Prout dropped his gloves. When Lucic started to take his gloves off, Prout drilled him, Lucic's knees buckled and then he hit the ice. Down goes Frazier!

http://fat.gfycat.com/FortunateThoroughAmazonparrot.mp4

Guys like Dekeyser, Ryan Miller, Max Lapierre, Alexei Emelin and Dale Weise and more surely are adding Prout to their Christmas card list this year. For Lucic to act surprised and indignant that someone would actually hit him, would actually dare to play the game the same way as he does, well it is funny in a lot of ways.

The man is a legend in his own mind, the Claude Rains of the postseason most years and nearly as dirty as Cooke. The only difference between Cooke and Lucic is Cooke usually sounds contrite when he does something stupid, Lucic acts like it is everyone elses fault. Well, Lucic can play a little, not as well as he gets credit for. When a team wins sometimes the more vocal players get credit for it even if it is undeserved.

Glad Lucic got drilled. Couldn't happen to a bigger jerk.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

or Lucic to act surprised and indignant that someone would actually hit him, would actually dare to play the game the same way as he does, well it is funny in a lot of ways.

Completely agree............................................surely he can't be that dumb right?????????

Problem with Lucic has always seemed to be that he honestly thinks he is the baddest man in the NHL.

And while he certainly is intimidating to many players, is a big tough player, the bottom line is, the NHL has LOTS of big strong guys, NOT everyone is intimidated by him, and after awhile, every player, no matter how tough, will get someone who is tougher than he is....or at least stands up to him, much to that player's surprise...as was the case with Lucic.

Funny how all along when he was the one doing the hitting, pushing, fighting, and beating up, it was all about "playing the game hard"...but when it finally is returned to him (nice shot to the mush by the way by Prout), now it is a "gutless act".

I guess...not like him running a 6'1 180 pound goalie outside the crease is gutless, right? Yea....

Newsflash Milan:

You are big n tough, but so are others out there....and get used to this....the older you get in the NHL the MORE upstarts are gonna challenge you for your 'tough guy' crown.

Just ask guys like George Parros....another long time intimidator who stopped being so to others out there as he grew older...and Parros stopped being very effective even before his head hit the ice

When you mash on people as long as Lucic has, you  just KNOW the payback coming will be tenfold....almost always is.

Milan Lucic who has a history of cheap shots at the end of a period, he may have even taken Danny Dekeyser's testicles home with him after skewering him at the end of the second period in a playoff game last year, and has a history of borderline hits got knocked on his rear with one punch by Dalton Prout the other night. Lucic was asked about it by reporters a day later.

"It was the end of the game and I let him know that I wasn't going to fight him," Lucic recalled. "I wasn't prepared and I let my guard down and that's what happens when you let your guard down. I've been in over 100 fights and I never took a shot like that."

BS.

Lucic makes a living with cheap shots at the end of periods and games, he had been stirring it up and when Prout called him out, Lucic skated up into Prouts face and Prout dropped his gloves. When Lucic started to take his gloves off, Prout drilled him, Lucic's knees buckled and then he hit the ice. Down goes Frazier!

http://fat.gfycat.com/FortunateThoroughAmazonparrot.mp4

Guys like Dekeyser, Ryan Miller, Max Lapierre, Alexei Emelin and Dale Weise and more surely are adding Prout to their Christmas card list this year. For Lucic to act surprised and indignant that someone would actually hit him, would actually dare to play the game the same way as he does, well it is funny in a lot of ways.

The man is a legend in his own mind, the Claude Rains of the postseason most years and nearly as dirty as Cooke. The only difference between Cooke and Lucic is Cooke usually sounds contrite when he does something stupid, Lucic acts like it is everyone elses fault. Well, Lucic can play a little, not as well as he gets credit for. When a team wins sometimes the more vocal players get credit for it even if it is undeserved.

Glad Lucic got drilled. Couldn't happen to a bigger jerk.

Seriously???

Ding dong.....now heres some reality.....

Let me help out ....

Prout crosschecks Lucic in the back and knocks his stick out of his hands. Whistle blows, period ends....Lucic advances towards Prout and questions "whats your problem?" Prout starts jiggling his gloves and says "lets go" Lucic says hes not going to fight and and while still having both gloves ....Prout quickly drops his and knocks Lucic in the kisser.

Somehow.....Lucic is the bad guy????

Lucic has has his stick knocked out of his hands...shot to the head...he gives a shot back....Prout wets himself as he tries to make a name for himself cheapshots Lucic even after Lucic says he wasnt going to fight and proved that by not dropping his gloves. And somehow Lucic is the bad guy????

Thats frickin hilarious?

In other news...... Steve Moore is the bad guy as Bertuzzi sucker punched him and jumped him.

Oy!

@nORRis8

Nobody that i know of is saying that Lucic was not at the very least somewhat suckered by Prout.

Everybody is saying that after years of being a punk he got what he deserves and to whine about dying by the same sword that he has wielded for so long is irony. Someone shoulda done this a looooooooooong time ago. Glad to see it. He deserves every late hit, every stick o the crotch, every sucker punch he gets goingforward. Someone finally did to Lucic wha he has done his entire career and he cried, showing that the emperor has no clothes.

Watching the video... Lucic hits Prout in the back if the head or neck. He STARTS the confrontation, then grabs Prout's sweater like he's going to throw a punch. He gets what he deserves. Period. Crying child got popped when he picked a fight. Then throws a chickenshat left at Prout with the linesman in between after Prout LET him recover without trying to hurt him. Hope it happens again.

@yave1964

Everybody is saying it? Well theres a targeted group then. :'\

The game is tied 3-3...the Bruins #1 left winger is on the ice...the horn goes....and OT is coming. Lucic did not want to fight because he wanted to play the OT...especially fighting someone like Prout whos up for his 4th cup of coffee in the NHL.

So he Lucic gets cheapshotted anyways by a career AHLer.

Meh. I couldnt care less.

However it means plenty for whoever is not a Bruins fan.

To compare Lucic with Matt Cooke is one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever heard anyone say.

No one compares to Cooke. Cooke ended Marc Savards career in a blink of an eye.Lucic worst offense was crashing into Ryan Miller who was 20 feet out of his net cutting off Lucic's direct angle to the puck. He had a bit of a headache...but lived.

Lucic may not have a clean record in his somewhat short career.....but at least hes not Bertuzzi.

@nORRis8  Maybe you should give this article a read....to say that the Miller hit is his only transgression is worse than any Cooke comparison. This article will give you some nice info on some of his more famous "sucker punches" (live by the sword, die by the sword so they say...ha ha!)....and a list of the tough guys he has been destroyed by...and some of the smaller guys he has jumped at the chance to fight.

http://thehockeywriters.com/lucic-hit-another-in-line-of-cheap-shots-deserves-suspension/

I guess you forgot about the Hedman sucker punch then.....

@nORRis8

My wife loves Lucic, we argue it all the time.

He has had a fun time running people at the end of the period and then yapping before heading down the runway. Or spearing someone in the junk at the end of the period. He grabbed Prout and this time grabbed the wrong guy. He got what he deserved.

Strange. He is usually so happy go lucky after a cheapshot.

Lucic picked the fight, grabbed the jersey but then realized just going near Prout voided the warranty on his Iphone and not promptly enough decided he did not want any. Of course, Prout was within range by this point

62dvc5i.gif

This is my favorite moment of the season so far. Lucic is a coward. He only hits people who have there back to him. He clipped Dekeyser and Emelin in the balls as they skated away, then punches/crosschecks Prout in the back of the head at the end of the period to start this confrontation. Then Lucic calls Prout out for it afterwards. Much like Lucic calling Dale Weise a baby for complaining about what was said in the hand shake line, Milan has a way of attempting to create the moral code of the NHL. The only thing is, he consistently breaks his own moral code by acting with no class on a regular basis. IF Lucic was a regularly clean player (hahahahaha) I'd have no problem with his comments. If that was Jarome Iginla getting sucker punched right there and complained like Lucic, 90% of hockey fans would agree wholeheartedly. However, Milan Lucic is not anything like Jarome Iginla. He's a hypocrite and a declining player who is trying to maintain relevance in this league anyway he can. Can't wait to see what the Lucic sideshow will bring for the remainder of the season!

Heck if she loves Lucic she must love Bertuzzi. A sweetheart.

But thats the League.

My wife asks me which is the dirtiest team in the NHL? I tell her...they all are.

Whos the dirtiest player in the NHL? Every single player has the potential to be a dirty player.

@nORRis8

My wife loves Lucic, we argue it all the time.

He has had a fun time running people at the end of the period and then yapping before heading down the runway. Or spearing someone in the junk at the end of the period. He grabbed Prout and this time grabbed the wrong guy. He got what he deserved.

This is precious coming from a Habs fan.

Emelin a 2 bit piece of crap who enjoys taking runs at players every chance ....Gionta the other night...will get his and has.

Best part of the season was watching a turd like Burrows knocking Emelins fat block off...Vancouver goes up ice and scores.

Then theeres the diving or some sort of charade he was doing last year....when Lucic skated by and tapped his ass with his stick and he fell like a bag of crap off a building.

Then theres the turtling....which occurs whenever Chara skates by or anyone else who confronts him.

Weise is irrelevant. The only thing thats amazing is how he can skate in a straight line when his cross-eyed as he is.

Pal...dont waste your time looking at what Lucic does when you have a couple of your own to occupy yourself with plus Subban the #1 overpaid Sideshow Bob of the League.

This is my favorite moment of the season so far. Lucic is a coward. He only hits people who have there back to him. He clipped Dekeyser and Emelin in the balls as they skated away, then punches/crosschecks Prout in the back of the head at the end of the period to start this confrontation. Then Lucic calls Prout out for it afterwards. Much like Lucic calling Dale Weise a baby for complaining about what was said in the hand shake line, Milan has a way of attempting to create the moral code of the NHL. The only thing is, he consistently breaks his own moral code by acting with no class on a regular basis. IF Lucic was a regularly clean player (hahahahaha) I'd have no problem with his comments. If that was Jarome Iginla getting sucker punched right there and complained like Lucic, 90% of hockey fans would agree wholeheartedly. However, Milan Lucic is not anything like Jarome Iginla. He's a hypocrite and a declining player who is trying to maintain relevance in this league anyway he can. Can't wait to see what the Lucic sideshow will bring for the remainder of the season!

Heres the thing....is Lucic a punk? Does he do stupid things? Runs goalies? Argues calls? Does cheap things at times?

Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.Yup.

Do other teams have these same types of players. you bet your ass they do. Every team does. Its status quo of the League.

Ive been watching the Bruins play since I was 7...in 1969....the League at that time and possibly 20 years after that...there was a degree of respect amongst players.

That is toast now. Out the door.

Players from Bantams to Juniors they are taught to finish your check.Hit and hit often and if you can injure someone...Bravo.

I go to plenty of Junior and NHL games either in Edmonton or Calgary.

You can see at the Junior level the attitude thats instilled in the players because many of them are not looking to gain respect...they feel they already have it.So they skate around and feel they can piss in anyones Corn flakes as they choose.

So a player like Lucic comes along and everyone is "OH NO....THIS IS HORRIBLE...HE RAN MILLER...HE ARGUED A CALL...HES UPSET EMELIN LOW-BROWED HIM....HE CALLED SOMEONE A CHICKEN......CALL 911....CUFF HIM"

Did some of us just start watching hockey? Is this all new to some?

During a Patriots game I saw Gronk flex his arm after scoring a TD 2 weeks ago. "OH NO!!!! CALL THE FBI!!!!ARREST THAT MAN FOR EXTREME IMMATURITY!!!!

Ohhh the humanity!!!

Did not realize all the other teams in the League had such intellectuals playing for them.

A good forward line Raj, Leonard and Howard.

jammer2, on 30 Nov 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

@nORRis8 Maybe you should give this article a read....to say that the Miller hit is his only transgression is worse than any Cooke comparison. This article will give you some nice info on some of his more famous "sucker punches" (live by the sword, die by the sword so they say...ha ha!)....and a list of the tough guys he has been destroyed by...and some of the smaller guys he has jumped at the chance to fight.

http://thehockeywriters.com/lucic-hit-another-in-line-of-cheap-shots-deserves-suspension/

I guess you forgot about the Hedman sucker punch then.....

Heres the thing....is Lucic a punk? Does he do stupid things? Runs goalies? Argues calls? Does cheap things at times?

Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.Yup.

Do other teams have these same types of players. you bet your ass they do. Every team does. Its status quo of the League.

Ive been watching the Bruins play since I was 7...in 1969....the League at that time and possibly 20 years after that...there was a degree of respect amongst players.

That is toast now. Out the door.

Players from Bantams to Juniors they are taught to finish your check.Hit and hit often and if you can injure someone...Bravo.

I go to plenty of Junior and NHL games either in Edmonton or Calgary.

You can see at the Junior level the attitude thats instilled in the players because many of them are not looking to gain respect...they feel they already have it.So they skate around and feel they can piss in anyones Corn flakes as they choose.

So a player like Lucic comes along and everyone is "OH NO....THIS IS HORRIBLE...HE RAN MILLER...HE ARGUED A CALL...HES UPSET EMELIN LOW-BROWED HIM....HE CALLED SOMEONE A CHICKEN......CALL 911....CUFF HIM"

Did some of us just start watching hockey? Is this all new to some?

During a Patriots game I saw Gronk flex his arm after scoring a TD 2 weeks ago. "OH NO!!!! CALL THE FBI!!!!ARREST THAT MAN FOR EXTREME IMMATURITY!!!!

Ohhh the humanity!!!

Did not realize all the other teams in the League had such intellectuals playing for them.

A good forward line Raj, Leonard and Howard.

This is precious coming from a Habs fan.

Emelin a 2 bit piece of crap who enjoys taking runs at players every chance ....Gionta the other night...will get his and has.

Best part of the season was watching a turd like Burrows knocking Emelins fat block off...Vancouver goes up ice and scores.

Then theeres the diving or some sort of charade he was doing last year....when Lucic skated by and tapped his ass with his stick and he fell like a bag of crap off a building.

Then theres the turtling....which occurs whenever Chara skates by or anyone else who confronts him.

Weise is irrelevant. The only thing thats amazing is how he can skate in a straight line when his cross-eyed as he is.

Pal...dont waste your time looking at what Lucic does when you have a couple of your own to occupy yourself with plus Subban the #1 overpaid Sideshow Bob of the League.

Not a single person in this thread is stating that other players are incapable of doing dirty things. No one on this forum is saying that Lucic is the only dirty player in the league. Of course Emelin takes runs at people. No one is disputing any of that. What everyone is trying to get across is that it's the same old song and dance with Lucic. He's not as effetive as he used to be so it seems as though he's ramped up his role of agitator.

And as far as I'm concerned, in a Habs-Bruins context, Dale Weise is as relevant as they come. Pushes Lucic to the point of insanity and has a couple big goals against the B's in recent history.

But again, we're not talking about anyone else except Lucic and Prout, yet Emelin gets brought into this? Seems kind of silly........

I think the point of this thread is simply...

Lucic = douchebag

But nobody is saying he's the only one.

AMEN!

Polaris, you know how I feel about Bertuzzi, Hell it is in writing in here @nORRis8 could do three minutes of research and see exactly what a tool you and I both feel he was, and how any money and prestige he lost was not nearly enough. I was sickened by Bertuzzi and hated that he played for my Wings.

But again this thread is not about Cooke or Bertuzzi or Subban or anyone else except Lucic, the emperor with no clothes who pulled his schtick on the wrong guy the other night and got what he had coming. A long time coming, it is about time.

But again, we're not talking about anyone else except Lucic and Prout, yet Emelin gets brought into this? Seems kind of silly........

Ok.... here

Lucic is an a-hole. I can't wait till someone really injures him so he will never play hockey again. Hopefully  its from the Bruins #1 rival the  ????????? ?????????. Hes not on the same team as ???? ?????? the goalie for  the ??????? ?????? that Lucic collided with a few years back. Still for no reason ?????? for the ????????? just loves taking runs at other players and even former teammates as he did the other night on ?????? of the ??????.

There. Hopefully Im playing in the rules of the thread.

Now excuse me as I have to get a lobotomy.

Ok.... here

Lucic is an a-hole. I can't wait till someone really injures him so he will never play hockey again. Hopefully  its from the Bruins #1 rival the  ????????? ?????????. Hes not on the same team as ???? ?????? the goalie for  the ??????? ?????? that Lucic collided with a few years back. Still for no reason ?????? for the ????????? just loves taking runs at other players and even former teammates as he did the other night on ?????? of the ??????.

Hang in there dude, as a Wings fan with a  tool like Bertuzzi on my teamit was difficult, to say the least. And you shoulda seen Polaris and some of the others in here rail into the night about Neal.

In all fairness to Lucic, he can be one hell of a force in a game and most important in a playoff series. The problem is these past few years, essentially since the Ryan Miller hit (which was overblown IMHO) he has become more of a caricature, a cartoon character who does stupid stuff rather than take over a game or series. If he gets back to playing hockey like he is capable of, I may agree with you (and my wife) as to what he is, but until then instead of a premier power forward he is more of a distraction.

@yave1964

The bigger butt hole on the Bruins last year was Shawne Thornton. Dude outlived his stay.

Truth be said....the media runs around like TMZ trying to make a story out of nothing.

For years after Kessel getting traded to the Leafs the media flogged the Chara/Kessel thing forever.

Heres a thought....whooooooo cares?

Now all the media wets itself like TMZ whenever Kim Kardshian flashes her lard ass whenever Boston plays Montreal or Lucic says does something {because as we know this has never gone in the the last 100 years of the League}

Years ago...Boston played Montreal....thats what you got...two of the best rivalries in sports.

Now its a circus.

Ok.... here

I'm convinced we're not even talking about the same thing anymore, nORRis.

@ihabs1993

Yes...it went south as soon as something as strange as being steered into the direction of not not mentioning any other players names other than the two in the opening post because it is deemed irrelevant.

Closing this thread would be a blessing to all.

Archived