Bye bye Berube

King Knut

It just can't stay like this. An otherwise uptick of a game to end on a goal like that with 11 seconds left? That's not a bad break, that's 2 defenseman pathetically out of position With no time left and 3 forwards not able to out skate anyone.

That's just atrocious.

Berube just looks dazed and confused at this point. How does the guy not have emotion after that kind of crap?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keenan, Keenan, Keenan!

I keep seeing this from a couple posters and have just silently grimaced and haven't said anything.

But is this serious or something meant to be goofy (like when I write "trade him now, his value will never be higher!)?

Because really, in the last nearly 20 years... Since the Rangers'Cup that a mop with a hat should have won... What has he done that DIDN'T make him look like a clown or turn his team du jour into a circus? He's a cancer in his own locker room. Keep that guy far far away from an NHL bench.

But seriously, Sxhultz and Coby aren't rookies. They know better than to play that recklessly coming out of their own end on the last minute.

God I miss Laviolette. Obviously it wasn't his fault. Regardless of how well his team is doing this team is doing as poorly or worse Than those first three games. I really hate homer and Clarke and Snider. This team isn't here to provide job security for their buddies and former players. Enough of the damn charity already.

Give him credit for putting those guys out there at the end. He is helping us out now, would be a stupid move to fire him now.

Just thought I'd pass this tidbit on. Only two teams right now are worse than the Flyers - Edmonton and Columbus. Even Carolina and Buffalo are better than the Flyers right now. I'm not hoping for last overall though because the last time the Flyers were the worst team in the league, they lost out on Patrick Kane. I'm hoping for second worst though because it seems the second worst teams usually end up winning the lottery. Either way, the Flyers can't go wrong with McJesus or Eichel (although I'd love to see Hanifin get drafted and add to a disgustingly rich defense pipeline).

But seriously, Sxhultz and Coby aren't rookies.

We already know Schultz sucks, Coburn is also in his league now. I am thinking more and more that the former GM of the Thrashers saw this in Coburn. Why he traded Zhitnik for him in the first place.

Flyers are not going to get a Top Five pick. Bank it. All this talk of McDavid is ludicrous.

Last night was a result of the team trying to do too much in the waning seconds to win the game.

We complain a lot about teams coasting through the final few minutes of regulation to get the point. Well, last night is a perfect example of why.

Coburn and Schultz were pressing - perhaps on the coach's instruction - and that allowed the turnover and the breakaway. Then in trying to recover, Coburn (and a Shark) knock into Mason.

They really might have been better off playing for the point instead of the win.

No point in firing Berube now. I'd hope Hextall doesn't follow the previous pattern. That would be a Bad Sign.

I keep seeing this from a couple posters and have just silently grimaced and haven't said anything.

But is this serious or something meant to be goofy (like when I write "trade him now, his value will never be higher!)?

Because really, in the last nearly 20 years... Since the Rangers'Cup that a mop with a hat should have won... What has he done that DIDN'T make him look like a clown or turn his team du jour into a circus? He's a cancer in his own locker room. Keep that guy far far away from an NHL bench.

That and he yells at players, which you aren't allowed to do anymore.

We already know Schultz sucks, Coburn is also in his league now. I am thinking more and more that the former GM of the Thrashers saw this in Coburn. Why he traded Zhitnik for him in the first place.

Coburn for Zhitnik was highway robbery for the Flyers.

You think the Atlanta GM was prescient for determining that eight years after the trade, Coburn might not be the same player? You're giving Waddell FAR FAR FAR FAR too much credit.

Flyers got eight years of Coburn and gave up, essentially, Freddy Meyer for it.

Nah,

coburn's been too good for too long here for a rookie mistake like that to be blamed on his lack of hockey sense.

For both of them to be that far out with 20 seconds left is a coaching decision. No D man in his right mind plays that aggressively against an aggressive forecheck in the last minute of a tie game unless he's been told to. Not even Coburn or Sxhultz. Chief wanted the win. He was desperate. So we're they and coburn already had an assist. They were trying to win

Ha ha. No I think it's safe to say that Atlanta didn't win the Zhitnik deal. Ha ha

Coburn for Zhitnik was highway robbery for the Flyers.

You think the Atlanta GM was prescient for determining that eight years after the trade, Coburn might not be the same player? You're giving Waddell FAR FAR FAR FAR too much credit.

Flyers got eight years of Coburn and gave up, essentially, Freddy Meyer for it.

agreed...  I hope the Keenan thing is a joke.   no thanks...

if the team keeps up its recent play I do not think it is all that ludicrous that they could pick in the top 3... you could get a franchise type player with those picks.

Aside from the scoring, I think they actually looked pretty good last night. They certainly seemed determined and committed to the game.

They are not going to "Sixer" (or is that "Penguin"??? :ph34r:)

Aside from the scoring, I think they actually looked pretty good last night. They certainly seemed determined and committed to the game.

They are not going to "Sixer" (or is that "Penguin"??? :ph34r:)

they looked competitive but again it was the Sharks. At this point I will take what I can get as far as good hockey goes but I am not sure who is in worse shape - the Sharks or the Flyers?

The Flyers are not as bad as they have been playing but something is going on with the team right now - coaching, locker room issues, etc...   they are talented enough to play much better hockey but as long as they keep up with the one dimensional scoring threat they have a chance at a very good pick.  

Archived