Poll: Who to bench today.

caluso

if I wanted better hockey I would say leave VLC on the bench and also bench Umberger...  

I am embracing the wrecking ball of this seasona and hoping for a good pick.

With the way Berube is handling this he might bench Jake for christ sake.

photo-50.jpg?_r=1417452413

if I wanted better hockey I would say leave VLC on the bench and also bench Umberger...  

I am embracing the wrecking ball of this seasona and hoping for a good pick.

With the way Berube is handling this he might bench Jake for christ sake.

photo-50.jpg?_r=1417452413

"Jake needs to skate and compete harder" per Chief   :ph34r:

I would bench everyone except G, Simmonds, Jake, and the starting goalie. I be like "You get a seat on the bench, youuuuuuu get a seat on the bench, EVERYBODY gets a seat on the bench. Then bring up the Phantoms to take their place. :thumbsu: Screw them and the playoffs at this point. :angry:

Umberger for sure. No question there. I'd be ok with keeping Vinny benched, but if he feels he needs to 'motivate' more players then I'd go with Simmonds actually.

Simmonds has been playing like his brain is detached from his body lately. I dunno what's up with him lately... injury? But, he's not playing like himself. 

Simmonds could very well be next.

He has been invisible everywhere...I say this as a person who likes him,  he's been "not good" for 6 weeks and counting

To me, this is the most surprising development of all this year and suggests one of two things: 1) he's playing injured; 2) he's tuned out Chief (and/or his captain/team mates)

Simmonds could very well be next.

He has been invisible everywhere...I say this as a person who likes him,  he's been "not good" for 6 weeks and counting.

I hate to say it but I agree... although, I still have no idea how Umberger has not been benched.  Simmonds play has been bad after that great start... I love Simmonds but he is not playing well at all.   

It's really odd with Simmonds, he's still initially driving hard to the net, but it always seems to fizzle out, then he rarely follows up. It's like he gets thwarted and then says "well, I've done my part".

Almost as if someone told him not to...

#poorcoaching?

It's really odd with Simmonds, he's still initially driving hard to the net, but it always seems to fizzle out, then he rarely follows up. It's like he gets thwarted and then says "well, I've done my part".

@King Knut  I've also been shocked at how very crappy Read has been this year. To his credit, on most nights/shifts, he is keeping his feet moving, but with literally no results. I had him pegged for a career year, I thought we would be the best Read that we possibly could, but to my dismay, he has regressed, and pretty badly at that.

Archived