Lecavalier Squelches Retirement Rumors

radoran

Then he can sit for 4 years.  :huh:

And as I said before, if Gomez and his $7 mil contract can not only get traded, but traded for McDonagh, then anyone can get traded. It won't be easy, but its possible. But only if he waives the NMC.

That's the same as the "40+ year old defenceman" argument used by those trying to justify the Pronger deal.  Yeah - it has happened before (guys playing effectively into their 40's).  How many times hasn't it happned?  Just like VLC and the Flyers - how many trades haven't been made involving players/teams in similar situations?

I don't blame you for clinging to any shred of hope of the Flyers ridding themselves of VLC via trade. But it ain't happening my friend and these healthy scratch shenanigans only make the Flyers look more dysfunctional and make VLC less tradeable (by less I mean .000001% chance to 00000001% chance).

Play out the season with him and buy him out.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the same as the "40+ year old defenceman" argument used by those trying to justify the Pronger deal. Yeah - it has happened before (guys playing effectively into their 40's). How many times hasn't it happned? Just like VLC and the Flyers - how many trades haven't been made involving players/teams in similar situations?

I don't blame you for clinging to any shred of hope of the Flyers ridding themselves of VLC via trade. But it ain't happening my friend and these healthy scratch shenanigans only make the Flyers look more dysfunctional and make VLC less tradeable (by less I mean .000001% chance to 00000001% chance).

Play out the season with him and buy him out.

This... 100% agree Brelic and to be frank I am all about the tank!

That's the same as the "40+ year old defenceman" argument used by those trying to justify the Pronger deal.

Not justifying the Pronger deal but an errant stick to the eye would have caused a career ending injury for many people and until that time he was logging big ice time and playing well. VLC is not the player he once was and on this Flyers team is a square peg in a round hole. The Flyers need to bide their time and wait for some playoff team to suffer a couple of top line center losses to major injury and then move him. At that point you are much more likely to find someone who will take a chance on his current salary and years without having to eat half of it. VLC is not a horrible player, he is just not geared for the current make up of the Flyers.

Not justifying the Pronger deal but an errant stick to the eye would have caused a career ending injury for many people and until that time he was logging big ice time and playing well. VLC is not the player he once was and on this Flyers team is a square peg in a round hole. The Flyers need to bide their time and wait for some playoff team to suffer a couple of top line center losses to major injury and then move him. At that point you are much more likely to find someone who will take a chance on his current salary and years without having to eat half of it. VLC is not a horrible player, he is just not geared for the current make up of the Flyers.

I like the positive spin rod!

Just why... Why the hell did homer sign him? Just why? Why why why why why. I don't get it. Maybe for a year or two like the original jagr deal (which was I believe for significantly less mulah)

And that my friend is the million dollar question. Why? The more I think about , the more I think Snider truly believes this team is always one player away. What better way to bring in more revenue and fill the seats. Bring in a superstar regardless how he fits or does not fit on this team. I truly believe the bottom line to Ed was money and he gave his marching orders to Homer. Now granted Homer signed him to this ridiculous contract but the bottom line had to me money.

Re: Pronger. I'm not talking about 38 year old Pronger. I was referring to 41 and 42 year old Pronger and those two "legit" years added at the end of the deal. 

As for VLC, I'll go back to my 2011 Pens example.  No Crosby, Malkin or Staal. Anywhere from 7-8 other regulars out at any given time. That's about as desparate as desparate can be and they somehow managed to make the playoffs as a decent seed. They gave up a conditional 6th/7th round pick for Kovalev who was a F/A at the end of that season.

I can't think of anything "less" than a 7th round pick that a team can part with...and Kovalev didn't have 3 years at $4+ million left on his deal.

Just why... Why the hell did homer sign him? Just why? Why why why why why. I don't get it. Maybe for a year or two like the original jagr deal (which was I believe for significantly less mulah)

I am positive you could find a cure for cancer if you could accurately answer that question. Buys out briere and make another stupid move in signing VLC... Smh

I am positive you could find a cure for cancer if you could accurately answer that question. Buys out briere and make another stupid move in signing VLC... Smh

This. And it was excruciatingly maddening the day it happened. It was utterly stupid from conception. And predictable.

You make a bonehead move of that magnitude in any other job and you lose your job. You don't get promoted.

Stupidity, I tell you.

What is done is done. They won't be able to move him if he continues making popcorn or baking a cake. Plug him back in as the 2nd line center and let him work his value back to be moved. He can help us and himself, don't think it can get any worst. Hell throw him in as 1st line center and move G to wing, so he centers G and J. That way G can work on playing wing next year when we get McDavid. One can only dream right?

@B21

I am not expecting anything back on a VLC trade, only some team taking him. As long as the Flyers don't take a cap penalty, they can keep a portion of his salary too.

I hope you are right Rod but I gotta tell you that I'll spit my dinner up all over my computer out of amazement if Hextall can pull that off.

And that my friend is the million dollar question. Why?

IMO they were hoping for "veteran leadership" to bolster the current group.

By picking up a team that bought out their captain and sent him packing. Interesting concept.

if we did he would count almost 2.9per for 3 years then 3 more @ 888k  http://capgeek.com/buyout-calculator/?player_id=884&buyout_y=2015&buyout_m=06&buyout_d=15

Add that to the $3M they "save" by buying out Umburglar and you've got $4.7M you can use to buy an effective player.

Both are addition by subtraction at this point IMO.

IMO they were hoping for "veteran leadership" to bolster the current group.

By picking up a team that bought out their captain and sent him packing. Interesting concept.

well that "vetern leader" is now pi$$ing and moaning and throwing a tantrum like a 3 yr old toddler not gettng his sippy cup filled with juice.  His not practicing with the team is almost like a child threatening his parents, if I don't get what I want I'm gonna hold my breath till i turn blue or pass out. 

way to show the younger players how to act when you get scratched there Vinny ... :angry:  :thumbsd: ...(please note that entire line is sarcasm)

well that "vetern leader" is now pi$$ing and moaning and throwing a tantrum like a 3 yr old toddler not gettng his sippy cup filled with juice.  His not practicing with the team is almost like a child threatening his parents, if I don't get what I want I'm gonna hold my breath till i turn blue or pass out. 

way to show the younger players how to act when you get scratched there Vinny ... :angry:  :thumbsd: ...(please note that entire line is sarcasm)

So you're saying that Homer may have made a bad call here?

Could be. Let's see what other people think.

:ph34r:

Archived