Say what? Taylor Hall is uncoachable?

hf101

@Podein25  Questioning Souray's commitment level is especially appalling, good Lord, these whole org needs to be ripped apart from the top to the ground. Can't see one single player signing there, like you said, things like this spread like wildfire through the league. I can't even see a Edmonton native signing there....lol.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Podein25  Questioning Souray's commitment level is especially appalling, good Lord, these whole org needs to be ripped apart from the top to the ground. Can't see one single player signing there, like you said, things like this spread like wildfire through the league. I can't even see a Edmonton native signing there....lol.

Bryadon Coburn will certainly approve a trade there, then

:ph34r:

it's amazing that Lowe et al are still there. Katz is in over his head, like you've said before. What a shame.

For what it's worth, they've signed a couple of guys from Edmonton: Andy Ference and Ben Scrivens. Not that it really matters. heh

But yes, their history of treating players and their injuries is pretty abominable, and it does tie in pretty neatly with what we see on the ice. In the case of Souray, they ran off a quality NHL defenseman over a problem which was completely their own making. And with Hall, he's now wearing a brace on each knee, has had his speed clearly cut down, and his game is starting to degrade as he pushes harder and harder while his body is able to do less. And they just won't sit him.

I dunno... Very very frustrating team to cheer for.

For what it's worth, they've signed a couple of guys from Edmonton: Andy Ference and Ben Scrivens. Not that it really matters. heh

But yes, their history of treating players and their injuries is pretty abominable, and it does tie in pretty neatly with what we see on the ice. In the case of Souray, they ran off a quality NHL defenseman over a problem which was completely their own making. And with Hall, he's now wearing a brace on each knee, has had his speed clearly cut down, and his game is starting to degrade as he pushes harder and harder while his body is able to do less. And they just won't sit him.

I dunno... Very very frustrating team to cheer for.

I hear that.

Daryl, find a second team to cheer for until you hear Lowe was fired.

@JR Ewing  Speaking from a strictly morally viewpoint, forcing a player to perform while injured is the single most disgusting thing NHL management can do. These guys have families to support, careers to protect well beyond their Oiler days. It's one thing to play banged up, quite another to play concussed.

Personally, I'd love to see it all come back on them....have ex players file a lawsuit, making Lowe and ol' boys club fully accountable for all their transgressions. Hall is really in a no win situation here. He sticks up for himself, he is throwing his career away in Edmonton.....AND, he is the type of guy who would really care about a suffering fan base....so he is probably just shutting up and playing hurt for the sake of the fans.

EDIT.....where the HELL is the NHLPA when you *really* need them??  Should they not be sticking their noses into this situation???  WTF!?!?!

I hear that.

Daryl, find a second team to cheer for until you hear Lowe was fired.

Nah.

I just can't do it.

They suck, they stink, and even then, they're convinced that they're the smartest guys in the room.

I don't cheer for the management, but I do cheer for the team.

Nah.

I just can't do it.

They suck, they stink, and even then, they're convinced that they're the smartest guys in the room.

I don't cheer for the management, but I do cheer for the team.

That is the only acceptable answer.....and I respect the hell out of it.

@JR Ewing  Speaking from a strictly morally viewpoint, forcing a player to perform while injured is the single most disgusting thing NHL management can do. These guys have families to support, careers to protect well beyond their Oiler days. It's one thing to play banged up, quite another to play concussed.

Personally, I'd love to see it all come back on them....have ex players file a lawsuit, making Lowe and ol' boys club fully accountable for all their transgressions. Hall is really in a no win situation here. He sticks up for himself, he is throwing his career away in Edmonton.....AND, he is the type of guy who would really care about a suffering fan base....so he is probably just shutting up and playing hurt for the sake of the fans.

EDIT.....where the HELL is the NHLPA when you *really* need them??  Should they not be sticking their noses into this situation???  WTF!?!?!

I hear you loud and clear. When Souray was asked by the press what was going on, and he mentioned that he hadn't heard from Tambellini in months, the Oilers became convinced that they couldn't have this cancer in their midst, infecting the kids, and paid millions of dollars to play for other teams in the AHL. Naturally, after publicly questioning his heart and leadership, they wondered why they couldn't trade him for a #1 defenseman. And then had the gall to say that the PP was struggling because they were lacking a heavy point shot, if you can believe it. lol

Wayne Gretzky's words came back to haunt the Edmonton Oilers in the new millenium. They're a Mickey Mouse franchise.

@JR Ewing  The fans only have one course of action.....hit Katz in the wallet. Hit him so hard that anything Lowe says will not suppress the financial loss.

It's already started. A couple of weeks ago, you started to notcied that there were clearly fewer people in the stands. Then, word began to leak out as it became public knowledge that season ticket holders were beginning to put their seats on stubhub for $7-$10... With no takers. That was probably the end for Dallas Eakins, just so the club could look like it's trying to improve.

I've publicly given Craig MacTavish his due on certain things, and think that people need a chance, but will now say that he needs to go. Marincin not playing? Before, we didn't know if that was on Eakins or not, but Eakins is gone, and Marincin languishes in the AHL. The club is reduced to turning wingers into centermen, yet Anton Lander, who is very good in his own end and is currently 5th in AHL scoring, hasn't been called up and given a chance. Justin Schultz, who had his icetime lowered by Eakins because of the holes in his game, was right back into 25 minutes per night since Eakins was let go of. Those moves are on MacTavish and obviously not on Eakins.

Then again, this is the same team that made Ryan Smyth play his last two years at centre, when he never at any point in his career had the legs or feet for that position, let alone at 37. And you know what? The puck STILL moved in the right direction.

But, the biggest knocks on MacTavish are too glaring to ignore:

-He banked on a teenager and career minor leaguer to solve his problems at C.

-He banked on a pair of career backups to solve the goaltending issue.

-He banked on a chaos defenseman that he sees as a Norris candidate when there is no evidence of that.

And here they sit in last place and are looking at rebuilding the rebuild.

He has to go, along with KLowe.

the problem with the oilers is that they have no vet leaders for these young players, it's one of the reasons why chicago, pittsburgh, la won cups with young players is because they bring in proven vet leaders to bring up their potentional. young players cant succeed on their own or else they will be struggling, it doesnt matter if you draft the best player in the draft, you have surround him with good vet experience players.

@briere48

They have no goalie. They have lousy defence for the most part. They have ONE NHL centre. Their best players all play the same style. The problem with the OIlers is many.

That's all true, though quality goaltending does a lot to hide a team's problems. But, when you're getting sub .890 SV% netminding, it's like the back side of your wife's makeup mirror: everything is blown right up.

• 2 weeks later...

@JR Ewing

Daryl, one of these days, you need to log on to Steam and play a game of left for Dead 2 with me. We can chirp our discontent of our teams over the microphone, while pretending every Zombie we bludgeon is Kevin Lowe and Doug Wilson

I'm on Steam just about every day, but I never did get around to buying Left 4 Dead 2. Hell, only played a little of the first one, come to think of it. The last little bit, it's been all Assetto Corsa for me, especially since my awesome wife bought me a G27 wheel/pedal set. :)

I'm on Steam just about every day, but I never did get around to buying Left 4 Dead 2. Hell, only played a little of the first one, come to think of it. The last little bit, it's been all Assetto Corsa for me, especially since my awesome wife bought me a G27 wheel/pedal set. :)

haha. I don't think I have logged on in months. I rarely get to play, but left for dead 2 is my favorite to play.

Used to be big into Team Fortress 2, but have not played in years.

My video gaming has gone waaaaaaay down since the twins started running around. Using my bluetooth speaker to play music while cooking or cleaning is what I consider fun these days lol

haha. I don't think I have logged on in months. I rarely get to play, but left for dead 2 is my favorite to play.

Used to be big into Team Fortress 2, but have not played in years.

My video gaming has gone waaaaaaay down since the twins started running around. Using my bluetooth speaker to play music while cooking or cleaning is what I consider fun these days lol

Yeah, funny how that works, eh? lol

• 1 month later...

Archived