Penguins(27-12-8) at Capitals(24-14-9)

nossagog

Lurch-addams-family-5531118-400-300.jpg

Alexander Ovechkin . . .  Reincarnation of Lurch?

Great rivalry night game on NBCSN. Ovie always seems to take it up a notch when he plays against the Pens.  Would have been great to see the Pens at full power with both Crosby and Malkin back in the lineup, but alas that won't happen tonight.

Pens broke the losing streak last night against the Jets, and seem to be moving pieces early to set up their playoff roster getting Maxim Lapierre from the St. Loius Blues for Marcel Goc.  Goc played a decent role on the Pens as a fourth line center, but never put up goals to help out on the bottom end.   Lapierre is a gritty player that is a pest that plays on the edge and has a history of playing well in the playoffs.  The trade is a net 100K gain for the Pens in terms of salary cap space.   

LOL... outstanding!  That is seriously too funny! :)  Thanks for the morning laughs! :)

EDIT: Interesting side note....Ted Cassidy who was the actor who played Lurch was born in Pittsburgh.  He died in 1979 at 46 due to complications of open heart surgery.

Would have been great to see the Pens at full power with both Crosby and Malkin back in the lineup, but alas that won't happen tonight.

Penguins star has new nickname thanks to program typo

B8Y6DdFIYAAwFTW.jpg

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/sidney-crosby-typo-program-new-nickname-thanks-gaffe?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

Sorry i could resist.....i think Rinaldo did it with all his free time!

Great rivalry night game on NBCSN. Ovie always seems to take it up a notch when he plays against the Pens.  Would have been great to see the Pens at full power with both Crosby and Malkin back in the lineup, but alas that won't happen tonight.

Pens broke the losing streak last night against the Jets, and seem to be moving pieces early to set up their playoff roster getting Maxim Lapierre from the St. Loius Blues for Marcel Goc.  Goc played a decent role on the Pens as a fourth line center, but never put up goals to help out on the bottom end.   Lapierre is a gritty player that is a pest that plays on the edge and has a history of playing well in the playoffs.  The trade is a net 100K gain for the Pens in terms of salary cap space.

you have a great sense of humor. I'm hoping this move works. The pens need a pest. I also hope that he doesn't become another Matt Cooke!

B8Y6DdFIYAAwFTW.jpg

http://www.csnwashington.com/hockey-washington-capitals/talk/sidney-crosby-typo-program-new-nickname-thanks-gaffe?p=ya5nbcs&ocid=yahoo

LOL...now that is even funnier.  Don't they have someone look over the proof before printing.  LOL.....

@OccamsRazor

Something tells him Philly fans will call him Sindey? Wow...that'd be new. LOL. Way to be up with the times there Mr. Regan.

I'm not saying this is breaking newz that Flyers have never called him this....it's typo and it is funny...till Regis find out. It's ok to laugh...you won't be reported.

And from what i've always seen it's been Cindy. Not Sindey.

B8Y6DdFIYAAwFTW.jpg

LOL. I was going to start another thread for your guys specifically for this.    Wonder if the publishing company is from the Philly area?

But its also humerous that this guy thinks its something new to call him Cindy.

Well he either lives in a cave and doesn't really no anything about hockey or just playing dumb to maybe sell the article...no matter i think Zac gets called on the carpet for this to get games tacked on.

Sidney Crosby hopes suspension makes Zac Rinaldo more ‘apologetic’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sidney-crosby-hopes-suspension-makes-zac-rinaldo-more--apologetic-210117436.html;_ylt=A0LEV1zx.MhUr8EA8XlXNyoA

LOL. I was going to start another thread for your guys specifically for this.    Wonder if the publishing company is from the Philly area?

nope...after some digging...here is the publishin info...  printed in the USA by Process Reproductions, Inc., Pittsburgh, PA

B8Y6DdFIYAAwFTW.jpg

Sadly, when Rinaldo was in the act of writing it in crayon he was unaware that his spelling was incorrect! :D

You had ONE job to do...LOL!

......and By GOD you were OUTSTANDING!!!! What is amazing is that they made it to circulation, at least to some degree before someone realized the gaffe. How many arenas do you think will post that on the scoreboard whenever the Pens are in town? I have a feeling this is not the last time we will see that cover.......

Will the real Pittsburgh Penguins please stand up?

I dunno, I just tuned in and a saw a dive, some whining and a potentially eye-losing high stick all in a minute and a half. All by the Pens in a game when they were being badly outplayed and losing 4-0

@hf101

The Jets were more physical than the Caps.

@Podein25

They played very tough last night. Going to the dirty spots and earning the win. Then they go to Washington and after one tough period of good hockey, it's back to perimeter shots and mishandled passes. Doesn't even look like the same team.

You're clearly unbiased in your assertions though. The Pens are the only team that does all that stuff. Everyone else should have patron sainthood. It's all the Pens. Wouldn't even need a rule book if not for them.

They melt with physicality.

HF, had nothing to do with physicality, if they did, they would not have won last night.  It had all to do with effort.  They just got out hustled in almost every area of the ice. This was a game of sheer laziness.

Archived