Bernier channels his inner Toskala

yave1964

Last night the Leafs were up 1-0 at the end of two periods against the Coyotes and starting the third period on the power play. It looked as if the Leafs were finally getting a much needed road victory.

And then it all fell apart as Jonathan Bernier became possessed by the ghost of former Leaf goalie Vesa Toskala who is infamous for having given up a two hundred footer during his stint in Toronto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&x-yt-ts=1422579428&v=Wq4oBT1WXSY&x-yt-cl=85114404

Ugh. From there the Leafs self destructed the rest of the way losing 3-1 in Arizona.

Normally, I would say this could happen to anyone, but no, this year it seems that it can only happen to the Leafs.

From there the Leafs self destructed the rest of the way losing 3-1 in Arizona.

And a shorty too............like it could get worse.

And they traded Rask away............................wasn't it for Raycroft???

.and they also just passed us in the McDavid sweepstakes

I knew that was going to happen without Coburn out the lineup...they have a winning record without him...hell without Coburn they would be in the playoff hunt.

I knew that was going to happen without Coburn out the lineup...they have a winning record without him...hell without Coburn they would be in the playoff hunt.

without Umberger and Vinnie....cup champions. Without berube, they could likely win the Super Bowl too.

@OccamsRazor

Yes they did....and they also just passed us in the McDavid sweepstakes. The Flyers suck at sucking.

Ugh... seriously?? How did that happen? 

Is it just me or are the Leafs super streaky this year? It seems everytime I hear news about them, it's because they've lost 9 in a row, or won 8 in a row, and then lost 9 in a row again.

@yave1964  Hilarious thread title, the very first thing that popped into my head when I heard about the long range goal was Toskala, and then you go and make the thread....to funny. At least I got a short handed point off it in fantasy...lol.

Ugh... seriously?? How did that happen? 

Is it just me or are the Leafs super streaky this year? It seems everytime I hear news about them, it's because they've lost 9 in a row, or won 8 in a row, and then lost 9 in a row again.

See any one of my recent threads in the Leafs section of the forum.  LOL. 

The Leafs have ONE win in the month of JANUARY.  ONE win.

NOBODY sucks harder than the Leafs. And NOBODY can do it year over year like the Leafs can. :(

And then it all fell apart as Jonathan Bernier became possessed by the ghost of former Leaf goalie Vesa Toskala who is infamous for having given up a two hundred footer during his stint in Toronto.

This was a close one to....what was Allen thinking?? "Oh look a bird!!!"

Archived