Coburn, Umberger scrap at practice

mojo1917

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/rj-umberger-braydon-coburn-skirmish-practice-broken-craig-berube

uh, yay ?

Coburn finally "gets " the whole physicality thing...okay so it was in practice and against a teammate, but baby steps i guess.

mad, Coburn is the best Coburn, if he finds an "edge" he could be a valuable trade commodity or heck i'd even consider having him stay around, the problem is mad Coburn only visits for a couple weeks a season.

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/rj-umberger-braydon-coburn-skirmish-practice-broken-craig-berube

uh, yay ?

Coburn finally "gets " the whole physicality thing...okay so it was in practice and against a teammate, but baby steps i guess.

mad, Coburn is the best Coburn, if he finds an "edge" he could be a valuable trade commodity or heck i'd even consider having him stay around, the problem is mad Coburn only visits for a couple weeks a season.

Don't worry he'll turtle once the puck drops. He only beats up teammates.

He is just mad they are playing better and keep winning WITHOUT HIM!!!

you think Laughton would have fared any better vs Coburn than he did against Nisk?    :ph34r:

I'm not a Coburn fan, by any means, but he did beat the living sh*it out of Downie a few years ago--when Downie was still in his "crazy loco" phase.  

So he could be tough to play against, he simply chooses not to be on a regular basis. Beyond frustrating...

I'm not a Coburn fan, by any means, but he did beat the living sh*it out of Downie a few years ago--when Downie was still in his "crazy loco" phase.  

So he could be tough to play against, he simply chooses not to be on a regular basis. Beyond frustrating...

yeah man.... size and skill are there but the guy has a box of rocks for brains!

Umberger, "hey Coby do you think you will like Edmonton"?

Coby, " what, I am the longest tenured flyer I am not going anywhere. You should be the one to worry. Your return to Philly has been a joke."

Umberger, "sorry pal nobody would even think about taking my ridiculous contract. It's almost as bad as Vinnie's"

Coby, "you can't insult a future hall of famer. Apologize or I will slap you."

Umberger, "I'll knock that bird beak off your face if you try to slap me"

Rinaldo, "if you guys are gonna go give me a minute to make sure I can fetch popcorn for everyone"

Slap fest ensues. Canadian female mite team who was watching practice begins to laugh and can be heard saying that they hit harder!

Talk about a fight b/t two worthless players...

I am sure they shared a smoothie after practice...

Umberger, you couldn't give away. It would actually cost you to move him. But I'd bet every team in the league would give up a 2nd for Coburn.

Umby may still be MIA but I will give props to Vinnie who has decided that Bellemare and VandeVelde make decent line mates. Those guys have been a very solid 4th line and are looking better every game. Coburn should be pissed that the team plays better without him. Maybe Umby hit him with that little zinger and it set him off. We can only hope that he brings that to the ice when he inevitably returns...........

Umberger, you couldn't give away. It would actually cost you to move him. But I'd bet every team in the league would give up a 2nd for Coburn.

Completely agree. I'm not a fan, but he's not the guy I want to see moved (any cap help is a good thing, though)

All we need is one.

But i was hoping for more than just a 2nd.

You'll get more than that i'm sure. I'm just saying one is less than worthless and the other could likely be traded to any team in the league for a 2nd...Coburn is far from worthless.

Must have been like the end of Rocky II where they fight in slow motion.

uh, yay ?

Sam Carchidi        ✔ @BroadStBull
Follow
Coburn, who went at it with Umberger after a drill yesterday, just went down after punishing check by Rinaldo at practice in Montreal.

------daaaaayyyyyuuummm are guys targeting Coburn to take him out so he doesn't return so they'll have a better shot at the playoffs id that the plan???

What the hell Braydon??? Guys might not want you back in the lineup!!!  :ph34r:

Archived