Bruins need to make a trade for someone to help them

wickedmountain

@wickedmountain

The defensive depth is still there, granted they miss Ference and Boychuk, but kids like Krug and Hamilton have really stepped up the play.

IMHO what is killing your boys is lack of scoring from the wing. Pastrnak has been a find, he is doing the job as an 18 year old, but like most teenagers he follows a good game by a bad one. But the Bruins are up against the cap and canot do much. Unless they trade a roster player for a roster player. If anything they might trade someone like Krug to Denver where the Avalanche are dangling Ryan O'reilly who is very much a Bruin type, a skilled forward cut from the Bergeron mold. Something does seem missing with the Bruins this year though......

@wickedmountain

The defensive depth is still there, granted they miss Ference and Boychuk, but kids like Krug and Hamilton have really stepped up the play.

IMHO what is killing your boys is lack of scoring from the wing. Pastrnak has been a find, he is doing the job as an 18 year old, but like most teenagers he follows a good game by a bad one. But the Bruins are up against the cap and canot do much. Unless they trade a roster player for a roster player. If anything they might trade someone like Krug to Denver where the Avalanche are dangling Ryan O'reilly who is very much a Bruin type, a skilled forward cut from the Bergeron mold. Something does seem missing with the Bruins this year though......

The bruins have bergeron, Soderberg and Krejci. Which would they be sending the other way?

The bruins are currently still over the cap are they not?They can't take O'Reilly's 6+ million without creating space

This team looks like it misses Boychuk for sure...

I think so too.  I've said it before, but a big problem for Bruins is the lousy attitude of Lucic and Marchant.  I'm surprised that Julian lets them get away with it.  

They also, could use some speed at forward.

Siedenberg has looked extremely slow since returning from his knee surgery and that has put more onus on a less than mobile partner in Chara. I don't watch many Bruins games but I would not be surprised to see them split that pairing to give them both some more speed for help. I can't imagine anyone wanting to take on Seidenberg's contract without some major incentives to do so with the remaining years and his not looking fully recovered from the knee reconstruction.

Yes they need a trade and I hope they crash and burn.  I hope we do not let them get Stewart

They have cap issue so they would have to move some salary i think to be able to afford Stewart...think don't hold me to that.

Boston Bruins forward Brett Connolly will be out six weeks with a displaced fracture in his right index finger, general manager Peter Chiarelli announced.

Connolly was injured in practice Wednesday when he was struck in the hand by a shot from defenseman Dennis Seidenberg.

Boston Bruins forward Brett Connolly will be out six weeks with a displaced fracture in his right index finger

Chuck Connors tells a funny story about his days as a baseball player before he became an actor.

When he played for the Montreal Royals, he missed a couple early season games due to an injury to a finger.  An exec of the team, (I think it was Buzzy Bavasi) took him to a Canadiens playoff game.  A big fight broke out.  Blood and teeth all over the ice.  Buzzy leans over and says "How's your finger?".

Chuck Connors tells a funny story about his days as a baseball player before he became an actor.

When he played for the Montreal Royals, he missed a couple early season games due to an injury to a finger.  An exec of the team, (I think it was Buzzy Bavasi) took him to a Canadiens playoff game.  A big fight broke out.  Blood and teeth all over the ice.  Buzzy leans over and says "How's your finger?".

LMAO! 

Look dude, I am not buying this "none" under your favorite team at all.  And it has no place here.  You have a team.  If I am willing to admit I am a die hard Sabres fan, how bad can it be to name your team?  Unless its the Leafs?  Then you may need a paper bag.  They have no plan.  No direction.  And like the Cleveland Browns, great fan base, terrible team.

Sorry, there is no option for team Jagr.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived