Rinaldo's Sweet, Soft Hands

Podein25

Can't believe there are people here -a majority even - who would just cut those sweet, soft hands adrift. What a pass!!

I pity those that can't see what beautiful potential Zac has.

I can honestly say, without a shadow of a doubt, that was by far the best hockey play I've ever seen from Zac. Who knew he even had it in him?

Where I'm from we call that a diamond in the rough.

The fact that a diamond starts off as an ugly clump of coal isn't Zac's fault you know.

The fact that a diamond starts off as an ugly clump of coal isn't Zac's fault you know.

HAHA........i see at least i'm not the only one drunk off my ass sweet to not be alone go job Pods!!!! CHEERS!!!

Started with off with Tequila and switched to Sapporo (i know i wasn't expecting sushi till the wife made a switcheroo)

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It takes like a billion years for carbon to form diamonds. I don't think I want to wait that long for the Flyers to put together a decent fourth line.

It takes like a billion years for carbon to form diamonds. I don't think I want to wait that long for the Flyers to put together a decent fourth line.

This is the problem with Flyer fans: impatience.

Well, at least we know we have one keeper for 4th line duty, just as I thought, White was a fine addition and plays that "Flyer-hockey" we all know and love...a *must* for any 4th liner in Philly....heart, guts determination and a take no prisoners attitude. I just knew this guy would be a fan favourite, like I've stated in the past "born to be a Flyer" certainly applies here!!

Well, at least we know we have one keeper for 4th line duty, just as I thought, White was a fine addition and plays that "Flyer-hockey" we all know and love...a *must* for any 4th liner in Philly....heart, guts determination and a take no prisoners attitude. I just knew this guy would be a fan favourite, like I've stated in the past "born to be a Flyer" certainly applies here!!

I'm really liking White. Great pickup.

I'm really liking White. Great pickup.

Not only is he gritty, but he's fast enough to provide an excellent forecheck, can drop them and stand to toe with *any* middleweight in the league and provides maximum effort each time he steps on the ice....and has a very underrated shot....plus wins more face offs than he loses....in other words, an absolutely perfect skill set for the 4th line. A tad worried about his age and mileage, but a short contract would be a welcome addition.

For anyone who missed this.  Twas one of the better goals all year by the Flyers.

http://fat.gfycat.com/WanUnripeDoe.webm

That was a sweet goal....resign White now. But it was against the Oilers defense.....maybe the only one in the NHL worse than the Flyers!!!

#defense

I know there aren't many fans of Rinaldo.

I write about his potential and what I've seen through his years here, and he does have talent, a decent shot and play-making ability, but he just needs to believe in his abilities, like I see them.

Sometimes a reassessment of yourself can make you improve on what you already have.

I remember as a kid I would play much better in practice where you could be more creative and push the boundaries more, but in games I would play it safe to not put the team down. Looking back, I would of probably had won more games for the team if, I played more to my potential, instead of safe and steady.

At one point Rinaldo, looked at his game and as a rookie/2nd year player decided and played down his abilities, but it looks that if given the chance he knows he can play a better game than he's shown. And once in a while a glimpse of it shows.

I propose a line of Rinaldo, White and Belle' and the coach should let them be a counter attacking offensive threat. PK duties and I think that line will net us some shorties along with some five on five even strength goals.

I write about his potential and what I've seen through his years here, and he does have talent, a decent shot and play-making ability, but he just needs to believe in his abilities, like I see them

There are simple things he does not do well enough in my mind to warrant turning him loose with his "creativity"  I think he makes stupid plays in the neutral zone, consistently enough that I question his hockey IQ... I think he is not secure with the skill of taking a pass on the move....and on his backhand ******* forget about it.  

I do like his speed , i do like his willingness to hit and fight , i do like his toughness.  i wish he were a this player you see flashes of , I do too, more often....

However, most nights he'll take a reputation penalty,  make one big hit, but miss two in the neutral zone that lead to odd man rushes against, later he will  fail to make a simple chip to open ice when in the defensive zone while his line is getting pinned by good forechecking.  

I don't think his game is good enough to "turn loose:" . 

I do think he needs coaching to play in the right direction. Players/people feel that sometimes when you make it to the NHL your percieved ceiling capacity is guaged and capped off, where they say this is their potential. This is where I appreciate the example of Chris Therrien, his skating was not his strongpoint, slow and not very agile. When we aquiered Paul Coffey, we witnessed how a capped ceiling judgment of Therrien's was "it is what it is" belief that he was our physical D that would always be slow... We saw that how after Coffey taught him, after hard stationary bike cycling trainig after games, after practice everyday changed that reality. I still remember that game... Chris Therrien was skating hard down the wing and I couldn't fathom who the He'll is this guy wearing Bundy's Jersey rocketing down the ice. A few seconds later, Thorne and Clement I believe where oompa loompa(they at times looked orange skinned tanned) all over him... But as we saw, this is something that can be a perishable skill.

Archived