• Ducks in 5
    • Ducks in 6
    • Ducks in 7
    • Jets in 4 (Sweep)
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7

Another rugged series.

The Ducks have a history of regular season success and postseason folds, the Jets have a history of no success.

My take is the Ducks have been setting themselves up for this series for the past month, getting healthy, getting lineups set, I think the physicality of the Jets will make it a series but the Ducks will chip away and eventually put them away.

Tough one for me to call...but I went home team (Ducks) in 7.

The one glaring weakness I can possibly see from Anaheim is goaltending.

Still though, when you have the combination of scoring and checking that Anaheim possesses...plus very good speed....its hard to imagine them being stopped by a Jets team that is tasting the playoffs for the 1st time since they were the Atlanta Thrashers.

Also, Ondrej Pavalec has been very good in the closing of the regular season.....but we've also seen how bad Pavalec can play and if that guy rears his head in the playoffs, it could be lights out for the 'Peg quickly.

That all said, this series should be the equivalent of two 6'3 220 shoot fighters going at it.

Both are gonna feel the after effects when its over, and the winner may not feel like much of one moving to the next round.

I expect nastiness to be in full effect in this series.

That all said, this series should be the equivalent of two 6'3 220 shoot fighters going at it.

Both are gonna feel the after effects when its over, and the winner may not feel like much of one moving to the next round.

I expect nastiness to be in full effect in this series.

I was saying almost the exact same thing to Pods a few days back. I didn't know who the Jets would be playing at the time, but I said "whoever the opponent is, they will know they were in a war when it's all said and done"!

I was saying almost the exact same thing to Pods a few days back. I didn't know who the Jets would be playing at the time, but I said "whoever the opponent is, they will know they were in a war when it's all said and done"!

Winnipeg went from a somewhat tough, speedy team to a nasty, heavy hitting team (still with speed) in short order.

Talk about finding an identity quickly!

The Jets may need to dig deep to find some scoring to match Anaheim, but there is no question they can heavy hit with anyone in the league now....whether Big Buff is in there or not.

I used to joke that the Jets were the Thrashers-Canada...no longer.

They are definitely their own team now, with a definite plan for success...now all they need to do is refine it to become champions.

This could be the best match-up of the first round, the Jets play the way I want my team to play fast and heavy, they already contest every area of the ice with toughness.  The Ducks are a more experienced version of that type team and ultimately i think win this series but the Jets will take a toll on them and will shorten the Ducks run.

@TropicalFruitGirl26  Something tells me Stafford is gonna play a huge role in this series....does not hurt that he's a pending UFA and is playing for his last ever contract!

Agreed. Stafford has been incredible. His confidence is sky high. He's a puck possession juggernaut. Myers has been even better IMHO. 

I think the Jets can win this, especially if Perreault is ready to play and is 100%

Can the Ducks win by rotating netminders.  Winnipeg has done some great things this year.  Is the year the Ducks get back to the Conference Finals?  We shall see.

I think the Ducks edge the Jets in experience and therefore I am taking the Ducks in 6.

I think the Jets can win this, especially if Perreault is ready to play and is 100%

Yes, we all know secondary scoring is one of the key things in a 7 game series, Perreault playing like he did most of the season is critical for the Jets hopes of advancing.

This will either make or break my bracket. Two heavy teams going at it, should be an exciting matchup! I'm definitely looking forward to this one the most, pretty much because I want to see the Ducks lose a close series again. Also the MTS will be rockin! Jets in 7

Ducks in 5. There isn't going to be an upset here. I expect the Ducks to play in the conference finals.

We differ in opinions on this one. The Jets have more speed and more heart than the Ducks.....and the Jets defense is more mobile. I'm worried about the goaltending though...Pavlec is just don't trust, but Hutch will save the day!

Good GOD this loss hurt tonight. 2 straight games where the Jets blew a 3rd period lead. The Jets looked a lot better tonight, but geez, you just don't win many playoff games allowing 37 shots on goal. Not at ALL Pavlec's fault, he was like Superman in the crease, finally it took a double deflection and a chinzey (but deserved) high sticking penalty on their captain Ladd.

I really felt like I smelled a bit of the ol "gotta learn how to win in the playoffs" kinda thing from some of the Jets...I know that Ladd and a few others have cups, but I just sensed that they, as a group, need to go through the pain of losing and correcting what caused it ....ie blowing 3rd period leads for starters. That Silferberg goal with just seconds left, that was a DAGGER. Overall, the Ducks were the more physical team and that was a big part of why they were able to direct over 37 shots towards the Jets net. And oh yeah....brutal missed call on the Ducks, 6 men on the ice FOR SURE!!

As the series moves to hockey crazed Winnipeg....are the Anaheim Ducks REALLY ready for THIS!!??    ;)

I don't believe that fans can actually win  a game on their own, but in this case I'm prepared to be proven wrong...can't wait...

Archived