Sharks trade 2016 1st + Kuraly for Jones

J0e Th0rnton

Well WTF?

A first in a top 3 lottery year? If that pick is not lottery protected.....

Granted, if they miss the playoffs again, Wilson probably loses his job, so he does not give a **** and is all in?

Jones can't want more than 2.5 million a year as RFA. Too unproven.

But Wilson better be all in for some Sekera/Frolik and Green tomorrow. Why do i have this feeling he will be after Franson?

@J0e Th0rnton

First rounders for backup goalies....WTF?

I know Jones and Lehner may become #1 goalies, but they aren't as of yet. 

Agreed.

but I am going to stay positive. Jones should not cost a ton. 2.5-3 million?. A cost controlled goalie and 12 million in cap space.

Stalock was already better than Niemi in my eyes and Jones WAS a stud for LA and had great AHL numbers in a team with great goalie development. Lombardi said he shipped him east because he was worried the Sharks would offer sheet him. He must be BEYOND pissed.

We need to make a move for a top 4 Dman, and Frolik. We have the cap space. We gave up both our top picks next year. This talk of rebuild is over. It is time to go all in. if it puts us in cap hell a few years down the road, so be it. All teams who won the cups in the last 6 years are in cap hell.

Well WTF?

Granted, if they miss the playoffs again, Wilson probably loses his job, so he does not give a **** and is all in?

But Wilson better be all in for some Sekera/Frolik and Green tomorrow. Why do i have this feeling he will be after Franson?

Wow Wilson is going mad i say restrain him while you can.....

Well WTF?

Jones became expendable because the Kings have two top goalie prospects that pushed him out. I doubt Lombardi would have done the deal with Boston if he knew Jones would be coming back to the same division.

It leaves a ton of money left over to get Green and Frolik or pretty much whoever. I like Jones and think the Sharks are an improved team with him in the net

Jones became expendable because the Kings have two top goalie prospects that pushed him out. I doubt Lombardi would have done the deal with Boston if he knew Jones would be coming back to the same division.

It leaves a ton of money left over to get Green and Frolik or pretty much whoever. I like Jones and think the Sharks are an improved team with him in the net

The plan.

Sign Sekera. 5 years, 5.5-6 million per year and our left side is set with Vlasic/Sekera/Dillon. Trade Mueller for Spurgeon. Wild get a cost controlled 1st round defensive prospect on an ELC for 2 more years, while we get a guy they want to deal for cap space.

Vlasic/Burns

Sekera/Braun

Dillon/Spurgeon

Awesome!!!!. If only!!!!

Furthermore, we still would have 5 million in cap space.

I like this deal. If the Sharks are going for it the hypothetical result is that they will have a terrible pick in a mediocre draft. Jones put up great numbers in the AHL and even the NHL when he got the chance. It is worth taking a gamble on (a first rounder is steep) imo.

It would be awesome if the Sharks tried to offersheet Kruger and gun for a top-4 dman. That would make a great offseason (excluding the Meier pick).

@J0e Th0rnton  Well, this is a GREAT trade for you guys!!!  Martin Jones is going to be a legit, bonafide #1 goalie in this league. Not only a starter, an All Star starter. The kid has played 34 games in the NHL and has *7* shutouts!?!?  That is no fluke. This kid is FOR REAL.

I love this trade for the Sharks. Smart GM's, they build from the net on out. Rarely do you get the chance to secure such a talented young netminder....usually you have to troll through the garbage, and at great expense, wasting seasons upon season trying to find "the guy". The Flyers did this for DECADES. Now, one has fallen into your lap....much like the Bolts and Ben Bishop....sometimes the hockey gods just smile upon you....this is one of those times   :)

Well WTF?

3 years 9 mill deal is pretty decent for Jones...waaaaay better than Niemi.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/martin-jones--sharks-agree-to-three-year---9-million-deal-023716260.html

WOW....I really like the kid, think he is gonna be great, but they must be trusting their pro scouts BIG TIME, cause this kid has only played 34 total games at the NHL level, and really, not even that much AHL experience. That is a pretty big leap of faith!

Like Joe said, can you imagine how PISSED Lombardi is right now, he specifically ships off Jones to the East to avoid having him being a pain in the ass, and BAM, within 48 hours he is back in the West, and not only in the West, but with a direct division rival.....LMAO!!  There is a decent chance that Jones can be good enough to block LA's route to the Stanley Cup Finals. If Dean was smart, he could have put a poision pill in with that trade....something like under the terms of the deal, Sweeny cannot trade Jones back to the Western Conference. Not sure if that type of clause is legal, but if it is, he would have been smart to include it!!

WOW....I really like the kid, think he is gonna be great, but they must be trusting their pro scouts BIG TIME, cause this kid has only played 34 total games at the NHL level, and really, not even that much AHL experience. That is a pretty big leap of faith!

Like Joe said, can you imagine how PISSED Lombardi is right now, he specifically ships off Jones to the East to avoid having him being a pain in the ass, and BAM, within 48 hours he is back in the West, and not only in the West, but with a direct division rival.....LMAO!!  There is a decent chance that Jones can be good enough to block LA's route to the Stanley Cup Finals. If Dean was smart, he could have put a poision pill in with that trade....something like under the terms of the deal, Sweeny cannot trade Jones back to the Western Conference. Not sure if that type of clause is legal, but if it is, he would have been smart to include it!!

Yeah kid doesn't have a huge body of work but he put up great numbers in the AHL as well...so we'll see but i think he is an improvement over Niemi...so they have that going for them.

Bernier and Scrivens looked pretty good playing in LA too. Not that the Sharks are a terrible team by comparison, but I'm still not sold on Jones being an NHL starter. They better hope things don't go sideways this year or giving up that 1st could really backfire.

Bernier and Scrivens looked pretty good playing in LA too. Not that the Sharks are a terrible team by comparison, but I'm still not sold on Jones being an NHL starter. They better hope things don't go sideways this year or giving up that 1st could really backfire.

Bernier was actually pretty good though. Brodeur in his prime would not have won on that leaf squad lol.

Scrivens. Same thing. Its the oilers lol

Archived