Best fighter in Flyers History

flyerfan2

Behn Wilson was the most fearsome fighter the Flyers ever had . He beat the crap out of Clarke Gillies twice, you can watch on you tube. I also think Wilson is in the top 3 or 4 all time. Wilson also had tremendous talent, and should have been a hall of famer. After a tremendous rookie season and a few more solid seasons , he just never took the next step. One thing about the old time Flyer teams is we had some outstanding fighters but they were also very skilled. Think about Wilson, Tocchet, Bridgman and Holmgren for example, they could fight with the best of them, but also could play. Even Schultz and Kelly could play some hockey too. Then we had out right goons like Brown, Cochrane, Mcilhargey and Hoyda.

Hammer is first.... and then Dave Brown. All the others are afterthoughts IMO. Beru be was way overrated IMO

WTF??

No Riley Cote???

No Fridge???

You're off my Christmas list!!!!!

@murraycraven craven....Wilson hammered the hammer when played for the Pens. I still love the Hammer but Wilson was a better fighter

I think a very good argument can be made for Wilson and I support the choice. I said Brown earlier so I will stick with it, but it really came down to Brown and Wilson for me.

Clearly, Wilson was the better player.

Hammer is first.... and then Dave Brown. All the others are afterthoughts IMO. Berube was way overrated IMO

Poor Chief, overrated as a Head Coach and now as a fighter, LOL! :P

Safe to say, nobody made fun of Behn for spelling his name with a *h*.....ha ha!

I loved how Behn was such a loose cannon. He appeared to be unstable in some of his fights, making him all the scarier.

If big Behn ever fought Dave Brown, it might have created a brand new fault line....LOL!

A fight between Brown and Wilson could literally go either way.....UNLESS Dave landed that left hand. When Dave connected with that left, you had a real good chance to A)go to sleep.....B)never look the same.....C)sipping your meals through straws for months and months. Dave Browns left hand was one of the great gifts bestowed upon Flyer fans everywhere. Decades later, I'm still in awe of his left.

Reviewing the thread and I noticed our current GM has not been mentioned  :P. May not be worthy of being on the Best Flights in Flyers history list, but he was damn entertaining!

https://youtu.be/w0XvVmBH0R0

https://youtu.be/d3LnBCGZTiY

Alain Chevrier should have just stay on his end of the ice if he can't fight no better than that.

Ol Homer was a scrapper to he is lucky here with this stick to the head he didn't take Torrie Robertson's eye out this was very dangerous here...

the one above is worth it to just see Mike Milbury get pounded!!!!

the one above is worth it to just see Mike Milbury get pounded!!!!

Maybe that beating scarred Milbury and was the reason he chose to beat that NYR fan with his own shoe at MSG.

Archived