Best fighter in Flyers History

flyerfan2

Not sure if there is a thread like this here, if so I apologize.

Question is simple who is the best fighter to ever play for the flyers.?

There has been many over the years, to many to list, and while Schultz is probably my favourite, I'm not sure he was the best . That title I'd have to give to Dave Brown, with honorable mention to Behn Wilson.

1)Dave Brown

2)Paul Holmgrem

3)Rick Tocchett

4)Behn Wilson

5)Dave (the Hammer) Schultz

6)Donald Brasher

7)Frank (Blood) Bathe

8)Craig Berube

9)Andre (Moose) Dupont

10)Eric Lindros

I'm sure I left out a lot of guys, it was just off the top of my head, I'd probably take out Eric and put Ed (Boxcar) Hospodar in this spot.

1)Dave Brown

2)Paul Holmgrem

3)Rick Tocchett

4)Behn Wilson

5)Dave (the Hammer) Schultz

6)Donald Brasher

7)Frank (Blood) Bathe

8)Craig Berube

9)Andre (Moose) Dupont

10)Eric Lindros

LOL, now if you had said his mommy, I may have to agree.!

Only around for a year but I liked sandy McCarthy. Not saying he is my favorite but he did a good job

Nobody will ever convince me that Tie Domi was not flat out afraid of McCarthy. Never, ever bought that "I don't respect him, so I won't fight him" load of crap.

Nobody will ever convince me that Tie Domi was flat out afraid of McCarthy. Never, ever bought that "I don't respect him, so I won't fight him" load of crap.

Yes Sandy McCarthy was a good one...EFF Domi that little punk!!

Nobody will ever convince me that Tie Domi was not flat out afraid of McCarthy. Never, ever bought that "I don't respect him, so I won't fight him" load of crap.

Wasn't Domi the one who dropped the N bomb on Sandy?

Domi not respecting someone... Now that's rich. Between him and Darcy Tucker, Quinn was basically running a lunatic asylum up in Toronto.

1. Jodi Shelly

2. Jay Rosehill

3. Riley Cote

oh wait wrong list.   :P

That's the Flyers Best Popcorn Fetcher list @hf101  :)

As far as fighters,  Brown, Brashear and Behn Wilson are right up there. I also remember Glen Cochrane being one nasty bastard.

Does anybody remember Dave Hoyda ???????

Yup. 

After much thought, I'm going with Dave Brown. I once played for a coach who fought Dave Brown many times in the WHL and his stories put a chill in me. He was a scary good fighter Dave Brown. One of the toughest, best ever.

Yup. 

After much thought, I'm going with Dave Brown. I once played for a coach who fought Dave Brown many times in the WHL and his stories put a chill in me. He was a scary good fighter Dave Brown. One of the toughest, best ever.

Yeah, a scary fighter for sure. This happened in an Oilers uniform, but nevertheless......

On January 7, 1990, the Oilers and Flames played the first of a home-and-home series against each other, and Brown had a fight against Stu Grimson, who was playing in his 3rd NHL game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MJNtWZWmtQ

I always thought it was a draw with the two getting off-balance and falling to end it. Nothing really to see, but Grimson made a mistake, telling the press that he had beaten the toughest guy in the league. Big mistake.

January 9, 1990:

Brown was absolutely merciless, pummeling Grimson to kingdom come. Grimson left the game, requiring reconstructive surgery after suffering multiple factures. This was a scary beatdown of a young player who learned that you don't talk about other goons in a disrespectful manner. Tim Hunter chirped Brown from the bench, but he definitely didn't want any of that.

Brown was absolutely merciless, pummeling Grimson to kingdom come. Grimson left the game, requiring reconstructive surgery after suffering multiple factures. This was a scary beatdown of a young player who learned that you don't talk about other goons in a disrespectful manner. Tim Hunter chirped Brown from the bench, but he definitely didn't want any of that.

Yeah, I have a vague memory of that fight. Nasty. I always liked Brown.

To answer the question, I have to go with Dave Brown.

Lindros really could throw down. Another guy who could throw who no one thinks of is Tim Kerr. Just like Lindros, he didn't often have to, but he could take care of himself.

Archived