The "Crow or Gripe About Your Fantasy Team" Thread: 2015-16 Edition

TropicalFruitGirl26

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AAAAnnd no sooner do I finish that last post....and Patrick Freakin Kane picks up a goal.........

Just pushed me to the brink that much closer...... :(

I am ahead by a mere 2.6 points, and Bennett is my only player on and got a minus on the play. The only way I can lose now is if Bennett gets -3 and benched

My yahoo leagues went well this week thanks to some much needed consistent goaltending. 

Philly.com 16-2 to move up from 7th to 3rd place

NAHANA  13 -0 to move up from 3rd to 1st place   :D

Won this week for the HF.net league as well I'm still in the middle of the pack with a 3 - 2 record.

Good Morning @J0e Th0rnton,

Congrats bud!  It was a close match this week.  You have Phaneuf to thank and save your week.  Too bad the Jets got whitewhashed on Saturday night.  that was the difference right there.  I almost sweated out a win, but I guess it was not meant to be for me this week.  Oh well...time to get ready for JR.

Anyway Congrats my friend for getting the Win.

Good Morning @J0e Th0rnton,

Congrats bud!  It was a close match this week.  You have Phaneuf to thank and save your week.  Too bad the Jets got whitewhashed on Saturday night.  that was the difference right there.  I almost sweated out a win, but I guess it was not meant to be for me this week.  Oh well...time to get ready for JR.

Anyway Congrats my friend for getting the Win.

Was definitely a good week and the closest match for me yet doc. It was down to the wire. The unexpected Jets drubbing kind of offset them not playing Quick mid week(No idea why. It was not a back to back and Quick is hot)

JR is going to kick my butt. If only I faced him this week instead of next week. Like ALL my players play 4 games this week and many of my best guys only play 2 next week.

It is a downside of how I constructed my team around mid level guys and faceoffs. My guys tend to not have super hot weeks like others, but consistently deliver steady points.

Week%206%20ALL%20Stars.jpg

Let's take a minute to lol at my near league bottom Goals and PPP. I am mad JR is beating me in faceoffs lol. But I have the monopoly on hits and Blocked shots and my goalies have been steady horses

@J0e Th0rnton

Yeah I should have a good match up against JR.  I am in top 4 for Goals, Assist, and (+/-).  I am #2 in SOG and my Goalies have been outstanding as I have the 2nd most wins at 17 (only 1 behind the leader of 18) and I have the most Saves.  The downside is I am ranked #7/#8 in PPP, FOW, Hits, and Blocks.

So my philosophy is with players who shoot the puck enough that hopefully those shots will go in and obviousluy I have strong goalies.  Lundqvist will always get me points with the Rangers and it looks like Allen is slowly taking over the reigns in St. Louis.

hope you have a great day.

@J0e Th0rnton

Yeah I should have a good match up against JR.  I am in top 4 for Goals, Assist, and (+/-).  I am #2 in SOG and my Goalies have been outstanding as I have the 2nd most wins at 17 (only 1 behind the leader of 18) and I have the most Saves.  The downside is I am ranked #7/#8 in PPP, FOW, Hits, and Blocks.

So my philosophy is with players who shoot the puck enough that hopefully those shots will go in and obviousluy I have strong goalies.  Lundqvist will always get me points with the Rangers and it looks like Allen is slowly taking over the reigns in St. Louis.

hope you have a great day.

Yeah, your goalies have been playing lights out and the Stars are far above the curve offensively right now.

Am I correct in assuming you are going to bench Marchand for Larkin? Larkin getting dual eligibility just shot his value up hehe. if only Draisaitl got it.

@J0e Th0rnton

truthfully I'm not sure what I am going to do ...  I will think about throughout the day and make my final decision before the puck drops tonight.  I agree..if only Draisaitl got dual eligibility....(salivating at the mouth just thinking about it). 

The talking heads on TSN still think Herr Draisaitl is playing centre, and even had a big story about how he's centering the 2nd line to great success, all while the clips on the screen with all of those points showed him playing with Hall and Nugent-Hopkins. Even for the low standards of TV sports talk, it was pretty dumb.

The talking heads on TSN still think Herr Draisaitl is playing centre, and even had a big story about how he's centering the 2nd line to great success, all while the clips on the screen with all of those points showed him playing with Hall and Nugent-Hopkins. Even for the low standards of TV sports talk, it was pretty dumb.

It is exceptionally annoying in the fantasy leagues to have so many guys listed as C.

Boone Jenner I picked up in my work league, but since it only has 2 C Slots, it kind of handicaps me. I only got him this week because when I looked, the schedule does not collide much except on 1 day this week. But next week I would have 3 days where I would need to bench 1-2 centers because of the Holiday schedule. Hoping they change him to C/RW/LW so I don't have to make a decision. Backstrom/Krejci/Turris have been playing well so far, but Jenner is really thriving under Torts.

In NAHANA it is not so bad since the slots allow for 5 C's.

In ESPN, it is bad to have a winger as a C since you do not get faceoffs and that is such a big payday. Even on their bad days with no goals and assists, many C's tend to accumulate the same points as an average Winger. Draisaitl would be very worth it as a winger

It is exceptionally annoying in the fantasy leagues to have so many guys listed as C

Draisaitl would be very worth it as a winger

Totally agree.  I did e-mail ESPN about the possibility of getting Draisaitl dual positionship.  I got some BS answer that they set the positions based on the players original position.  In not so many words I was pretty much told, "don't hold my breath wishing for Draisaitl to become both a C and RW"  Here was the answer I recieved.

Thank you for playing ESPN Fantasy Hockey.I apologize for any inconvenience. Before each season begins, our system receives an updated report that details every fantasy hockey player with their PRIMARY position heading into the new season. This includes rookies as well as veterans. The listed primary positions are fixed and will not change for the duration of the season. Adding additional eligibility in Fantasy Hockey is trickier than in other sports such as baseball and football. Some forwards play all three forward positions in the same shift, and the NHL does not track who played what position in the game, so we are unable to use a defined rule such as "10 games played". If you have any players you feel are worthy of additional positional eligibility, please let us know and we'd be happy to investigate your request.For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.Regards,CordelleESPN.com Customer Care

I was gonna try again to see if they can get Draisaitl changed to both RW and C.

Totally agree.  I did e-mail ESPN about the possibility of getting Draisaitl dual positionship.  I got some BS answer that they set the positions based on the players original position.  In not so many words I was pretty much told, "don't hold my breath wishing for Draisaitl to become both a C and RW"  Here was the answer I recieved.

Thank you for playing ESPN Fantasy Hockey.I apologize for any inconvenience. Before each season begins, our system receives an updated report that details every fantasy hockey player with their PRIMARY position heading into the new season. This includes rookies as well as veterans. The listed primary positions are fixed and will not change for the duration of the season. Adding additional eligibility in Fantasy Hockey is trickier than in other sports such as baseball and football. Some forwards play all three forward positions in the same shift, and the NHL does not track who played what position in the game, so we are unable to use a defined rule such as "10 games played". If you have any players you feel are worthy of additional positional eligibility, please let us know and we'd be happy to investigate your request.For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.Regards,CordelleESPN.com Customer Care

I was gonna try again to see if they can get Draisaitl changed to both RW and C.

That is the generic response they give to all eligibility Emails, got it like 5 times. It wasn't until I tweeted Corey Pronman and Andrew Feldman from ESPN complaining, and both agreed Pavelski should be a Winger, that I started sending the links to those tweets in Emails saying "your own employees think he should be Wing" and sending links from NHL.com showing expected lineups that he finally got it awhile later.

But I was warned that it is very random in how they give it out by pundits on other fantasy sites, and that superstars and such tend to get it first, and often, guys will never get it.

Yahoo I was told hands it out like candy, but they are really slow on giving some guys like Jenner wing status.

It is a lot more debilitating in Yahoo leagues with Daily lineup setting. Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday are dates that often hit you with benches. I have been revolving my weekly pickups in the work league to guys with 4 games on teams with lots of Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun. I had 2 spots with a revolving door every week. Sometimes, I would do 2 Add/Drops Monday Morning at 4am, and usually also 1-2 add/drops Sunday to force an extra man game in. I.E I picked up Kadri last night because I was 1 SOG away from a tie in SOG, etc

My feeling about dual eligibility:

I draft according to dual eligibility, for them to change halfway through the year and give it to someone is crap, absolute crap, unfair to the rest of us who drafted accordingly. They should have the position eligibility that they had at the time of the draft-period.

My feeling about dual eligibility:

I draft according to dual eligibility, for them to change halfway through the year and give it to someone is crap, absolute crap, unfair to the rest of us who drafted accordingly. They should have the position eligibility that they had at the time of the draft-period.

In yahoo, I don't Blame you. But in NAHANA, it is almost irrelevant because of the F, F and Util positions.

ESPN however resets almost players(Only Byfuglien is immune) to their 1 position, even if they have not played it in years. Pavelski absolutely should have been a Winger to start, and many rookies come in to a logjam at C to find themselves on wing. I know you don't care for Rookies as much lol, but why restrict the ability to pick up a hot young talent to fill in for an injury?

In yahoo, I don't Blame you. But in NAHANA, it is almost irrelevant because of the F, F and Util positions.

ESPN however resets almost players(Only Byfuglien is immune) to their 1 position, even if they have not played it in years. Pavelski absolutely should have been a Winger to start, and many rookies come in to a logjam at C to find themselves on wing. I know you don't care for Rookies as much lol, but why restrict the ability to pick up a hot young talent to fill in for an injury?

I should further emphasize what I mean here too.

In ESPN, if you already drafted, say, Seguin and Toews, and were picking next, and Pavelski is available, but you almost have to pass on him because it would give you 3 Centers and you can only ice 2, so instead you have to draft a much lesser player simply because he is designated wing or D or G, it would irk you.

I understand the nature of your argument in a yahoo setting. I just think some compromise needs to be there.

I should further emphasize what I mean here too.

In ESPN, if you already drafted, say, Seguin and Toews, and were picking next, and Pavelski is available, but you almost have to pass on him because it would give you 3 Centers and you can only ice 2, so instead you have to draft a much lesser player simply because he is designated wing or D or G, it would irk you.

I understand the nature of your argument in a yahoo setting. I just think some compromise needs to be there.

THIS.

Sums up my point very succinctly, we draft based off the position that the player qualifies for, I see absolutely zero reason to change positions at mid stream. I really do not see any reason for flexibility on that point. Next year? Seguin a winger instead of center? Fine. JoePa dual eligibility? Fine. But once the draft is over a player should stay where they were drafted, IMHO. Not certain if I am the only one feeling this way but I feel strongly about this. Not strong enough to hold my breath or go to bed without supper, lol, maybe strongly enough to hold my breath, but only for a few seconds, not until I turn blue or anything.

@J0e Th0rnton

@yave1964

I see both sides of the argument equally.   In fairness, ESPN has changed several players already this year.

Oh I know man. The problem is, why bother resetting Pavelski to center year after year? And so many other players for that matter?

Yahoo at least let's them keep both positions most of the time(Sometimes to the point of it being a fault)

I wouldn't mind if ESPN did away with all of the dual eligibility. Yahoo gives it out dual positions like candy.  It takes away the challenge it used to having to drop a RW to get a LW or a Center.  Call a spade a spade.  Come the course of the season if that player changes positions - tough.   In the Philly.com league which is a yahoo league, is barely a challenge deciding who should play each day.  

In the ESPN league we do have the Utility position for a manager to choose to play a center or a talented Winger with 4 starts that week.   Either keep the player, trade'em or drop for a different player in free agency.  This league imo is set up so that there should always be quality players to add and drop.

So far after a month into the season the only things I think we may need to adjust for next year is to lessen the value of face offs from maybe 0.2 pts to 0.15.  But then I don't really mind it the way it is either as teams really don't need more than 4 centers on a roster.  Having 4 quality d-men on a roster isn't an easy achievement either so maybe we could drop it to 3 d-men next year and add another utiility player.

Archived