The Most Wonderful Time of Year (WJHC)

flyercanuck

agree,

and Sweden has only 1 goal over USA, and USA has 2 goals over Canada,  if Canada scores 2 goals over Sweden,  USA would have the tiebreaker right?

Canada would then have to score more than 2 goals over Sweden.

No. It's total goals. So right now, Sweden is at +6, US at +1, and Canada at -2, so Sweden would win the three way tiebreaker if the numbers didn't change.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats that, 4 goals going in off players against? That's a lot for the entire tournament, let alone part of 3 games. 

Other than Strome, I really don't see anyone taking the reins by Canada.

The Swiss are playing a great game too, not taking anything away from them. But c'mon, it's the Swiss.

The Swiss looked exhausted in the 3rd, I hope that fairs well for Team USA tomorrow.  

I think they did all they could to bring that game to a shootout.  Canada had a lot of missed opportunities as they were clearly the better team.  A miss on them for sure for not getting the 3 pt win.

1279369.png

A tremendous game by the Swiss. Good for them. We got outworked by them. The hockey world is changing for sure.

Not a bad game by us - just not real good either.

It will be interesting to see how we (Canada) play in the next game.....

I'm really annoyed with Team Canada. Most of their top forwards took 1:30 or longer shifts all game, even when the bench was shortened in the 3rd. Strome, Marner, Virtanen were the worst offenders.

Konecny hardly played in the 3rd.

Lousy coaching if you ask me rewarding guys who, while talented, played selfishly while guys like Konecny sit on the bench. It's really bad for team building and morale no matter what the outcome.

Brutal.

Not a fan of how Lowry is coaching. Don't like how Canadas playing. Unless something changes, this isn't a gold team. 

They just don't seem to be jelling as a team, no cohesive effort. We will need Blackwood to stand on his head and hope some of our scorers score. We also need offense from the defense. I can almost bet that Marner will have a huge game on New Years eve. 2 goals and 2 assists for Mitch in a 5-3 win over Sweden...you heard it here first!

@jammer2

I think Marner (among a few others) needs to take shorter shifts. This is Team Canada, not the London Knights. Can't say I've been that impressed with him. He's got great hands but is easy to play physical against. 

If Canada is going to win, it'll be due to it's depth, not one line. Same goes for the D. Lowrys overplaying of his homeboy Hicketts is ridiculous.

Some thing smells alright....;)

I think it's the Reffing!! :P

Seriously, it just proves once again that in hockey, there is no substitute for size. Bigger = better. This Canadian team is simply too small IMHO.

Well, size or not, it's one of the least physical Canadian teams I've ever seen. At least Konecny played like an Canuck (player of the game). I don't see this team beating Finland unless they start playing like a team instead of like Lowrys individual stars...what a crap coach.

6 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well, size or not, it's one of the least physical Canadian teams I've ever seen. At least Konecny played like an Canuck (player of the game). I don't see this team beating Finland unless they start playing like a team instead of like Lowrys individual stars...what a crap coach.

I stopped watching in disgust. Couldn't take another 1:30+ min shifts from Strome. A bunch of entitled wankers and an idiot for a coach is what I see. Konecny is the only one who can say he is proud to wear the maple leaf.

9 hours ago, BluPuk said:

Some thing smells alright....;)

I think it's the Reffing!! :P

Seriously, it just proves once again that in hockey, there is no substitute for size. Bigger = better. This Canadian team is simply too small IMHO.

Tell that to John Scott

Archived