Early Reviews Couturier Simmonds and Voracek ?

mojo1917

Two games in, I like it !

So far this line looks pretty dangerous.  All of a sudden Couturier looks competent offensively as well. I hope coach keeps this combination together for a little ,  it's nice to have two lines that are a threat to score.  Right now Giroux is making due with Schenn and Raffl but the way he's going he could be making due with just about anyone.  The CSV gives this team some balance.  It doesn't fix the top six issue but it makes it feel less hopeless.

Ya, what's not to like right? The line is producing and defensively they're as strong as any combo the Flyers have. I thought Couturier took a small step backwards last night compared with the previous game. He looked a little tentative with the puck at times, didn't take it to the net nearly enough to look like a real scoring threat.

Obviously he had a good game I'm nitpicking a bit. But I wish he'd inject himself with a big dose of offensive confidence ASAP b/c that line could really use a center whose focus is on scoring goals in the O zone.

Two games in, I like it !

So far this line looks pretty dangerous. All of a sudden Couturier looks competent offensively as well. I hope coach keeps this combination together for a little , it's nice to have two lines that are a threat to score. Right now Giroux is making due with Schenn and Raffl but the way he's going he could be making due with just about anyone. The CSV gives this team some balance. It doesn't fix the top six issue but it makes it feel less hopeless.

Here's what that little move did. When voracek and Giroux are on the same line, the opposing coach can basically just concentrate on shutting that line down because the other lines wont hurt you. Now, giroux alone is enough for one line, and now you have a true scorer on the second line to worry about.

Couturier looks more confident but his problem is consistance. He needs to have a nice month for me to get back on.

I think the reason Couturier looks better is because he's not the one being asked to carry the line. He hasn't been able to do that so far in his career. It's clear that having Voracek on his line takes away a lot of that pressure. It seems to be working, so that's great news all around!

That's a good point Brelic he's now got a linemate who, at least theoretically will put up points. It also means Couturier needs to rise to the challenge and not only keep up with Voracek but also create his own seams, get open and be ready to shoot the puck. Last night he deferred to Voracek a little too often, hanging back and giving him space. It worked well enough but I think eventually that line should be a whole lot more than the sum of its parts. I realize it's only been 2 games, I just hope Couturier can truly lead that line into something lethal.

Jake is easily the best, most dynamic player that Cooter has played with to-date. Jake still lacks the natural sniper finish that you'd want in an $8M player, but his speed and ability to carry the puck is of enormous help to Cooter.

That's a good point Brelic he's now got a linemate who, at least theoretically will put up points. It also means Couturier needs to rise to the challenge and not only keep up with Voracek but also create his own seams, get open and be ready to shoot the puck. Last night he deferred to Voracek a little too often, hanging back and giving him space. It worked well enough but I think eventually that line should be a whole lot more than the sum of its parts. I realize it's only been 2 games, I just hope Couturier can truly lead that line into something lethal.

Yes, absolutely, canoli. Maybe this is just what Couturier needed - someone with the skill level to challenge him to be better and take his game to the next level. Couturier has been saddled with mediocre linemates since he's been here, and he just didn't seem the have the wheels and offensive vision to carry a line. At least not at this point. Maybe playing with Voracek for a season does wonders for his confidence?

Ya, what's not to like right? The line is producing and defensively they're as strong as any combo the Flyers have. I thought Couturier took a small step backwards last night compared with the previous game. He looked a little tentative with the puck at times, didn't take it to the net nearly enough to look like a real scoring threat.

Obviously he had a good game I'm nitpicking a bit. But I wish he'd inject himself with a big dose of offensive confidence ASAP b/c that line could really use a center whose focus is on scoring goals in the O zone.

He's doing fine. He's doing more and more and gaining his game. Jake is great for him and he can compliment.

Now we just need someone to help out Giroux now. Koneckney where are you???!

They've put up what? 3-4 goals in 2 games?

It's a pretty good start. I think we can just be happy.

He's doing fine. He's doing more and more and gaining his game. Jake is great for him and he can compliment.

Now we just need someone to help out Giroux now. Koneckney where are you???!

Helsinki....hopefully helping Canada win gold. 

And as good as he is I still think Konecny needs another year to build up some strength. 

Helsinki....hopefully helping Canada win gold.

And as good as he is I still think Konecny needs another year to build up some strength.

That's what we said about Ghost.

And what they said about Eichel

And what they said about McDavi... Yeah okay maybe a bit more strength wouldn't be terrible.

And what they said about McDavi... Yeah okay maybe a bit more strength wouldn't be terrible.

It was true about Ghost but the other two were no where as small as Ghost and TK who is just around 170 pounds....too small. Let him put on the weight then we'll see no rush.

Just for reference Mcjesus is 196. TK is 175....so that extra 20 pounds helps alot.

Essentially my post was rhetorical and the answer is "the future" whether it's 2016 or 2017 will probably be defined by next September.

Ghost got a third of a season of development.

But my post was more of a joke. I know we won't see him soon but he may make it really hard to send him back next September.

All that and I think 185 would be a good start. :)

It was true about Ghost but the other two were no where as small as Ghost and TK who is just around 170 pounds....too small. Let him put on the weight then we'll see no rush.

Just for reference Mcjesus is 196. TK is 175....so that extra 20 pounds helps alot.

I was joking. In know where he is and what he needs. I just think he could be the missing puzzle piece. Or maybe Stamkos.

Still I think 10 lbs would be a good enough start

Archived