Samuel Morin

AMMOnation

What is the latest projection/development of Samuel Morin?

I have seen him man-handle a few in AHL fights thats about it. What do the scouts project him out to be these days? I remember when he was drafted, he was the next Chris Pronger...

We talking top 6 dman, top 4, top 2, elite?

Whats his ETA? I see Sanheim & Provorov are expected to compete for a spot at next years camp, haven't seen Morin's name tossed in that category recently.

I think he will be a #4 Dman. But big Dmen like him take time. It took Chara time it will take Morin some time i expect the rest of this year and maybe half way next year, you may see him get a callup.

No need to to rush him or label him a bust. He was barely eligible for the draft the year he came out.

When all is said and done i think Provorov will be the #1 Sanheim #2 Ghost #3 Morin #4 Hagg #5 Meyers #6  or something like that.

But remember that is projecting.

Morin was drafted as a "project". He was never going to be in the NHL early. And he was never Chris Pronger, ever. The only people who said that never saw him play.

I think OR probably nailed it with how our prospects end up depth-wise,... if they all pan out.

I have watched a bunch of the phantoms and he is not ready yet.  A lot to like but he needs time in the AHL.  

Agree with OR that he most likely will fall around a 3/4 type defenseman when all is said and done.

To echo FC: he is not and will never be a Pronger.  Hate that comparison. 

You're all wrong.

Morin will be Pronger.

Provlov will be Bourque.

Sanheim will be Lindstrom

Ghost will be Neidermeyer.

Haag will be Potvin

Gudas will be Stevens

And the Flyers will win 7 cups in a row.

1 hour ago, ruxpin said:

You're all wrong.

Morin will be Pronger.

Provlov will be Bourque.

Ghost will be Neidermeyer. Paul Coffey? Neidermeyer

Haag will be Potvin

Gudas will be Stevens

Travis Konecny will be Kurri

Stolarz will be Hasek  Brodeur

There fixed it for ya! ;)

31 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

There fixed it for ya! ;)

Well, okay, but I'd prefer Ghost be able to play some defense and not be a turnover machine in his own defensive-right corner.

And can Stolarz be Brodeur?  I've never liked Hasek.

9 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Well, okay, but I'd prefer Ghost be able to play some defense and not be a turnover machine in his own defensive-right corner.

Sure ....works for me! ;)

Ghost will be Neidermeyer. Paul Coffey? Neidermeyer

Travis Konecny will be Kurri

Stolarz will be Hasek Brodeur

There all fixed! ;)

12 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You're all wrong.

Morin will be Pronger.

Provlov will be Bourque.

Haag will be Potvin

Gudas will be Stevens

And you will be the Flyers' GM when it happens.  Should add that I'm slightly worried that Hagg's ceiling is only Kevin Shattenkirk

13 hours ago, ruxpin said:

Stolarz should be Ryan Miller. Remember he is the greatest goalie to ever, ever, ever play the position and he walks on water. Dont believe me, I will have a fellow forum member tell you all about him. ? <NINJA>

21 hours ago, ruxpin said:

You're all wrong.

Morin will be Pronger.

Provlov will be Bourque.

Haag will be Potvin

Gudas will be Stevens

Only after they are traded away for an over the hill player at the deadline.will they make it to HOF material

Saw him play tonight for the first time. He could be fun to watch in the O&B some day. Def physical and has presence. He lost his stick at one point in his own zone....guy he is on gets the puck and he literally just shoved him to the ice like a bully and kicked the puck up the boards to his forward. Good stuff.

DEF needs some fine tuning though.

I look at Morin and I see a better skating and quite possibly a meaner version of Derian Hatcher. Morin has that ice cold look that Hatcher used to get before big games. I'm not expecting a lot of offense from Sam (in part, because of Provorov, Gostisbehere and Saheim -> and that doesn't even include Friedman when he gets to the NHL), but Sam is going to be a shut down monster. 

20 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I look at Morin and I see a better skating and quite possibly a meaner version of Derian Hatcher. Morin has that ice cold look that Hatcher used to get before big games. I'm not expecting a lot of offense from Sam (in part, because of Provorov, Gostisbehere and Saheim -> and that doesn't even include Friedman when he gets to the NHL), but Sam is going to be a shut down monster. 

Yes there is nothing wrong with having a stay at home Dman (because realistically that is what he is) who can skate. It means once he is comfortable in the NHL, in the Flyer's scheme he will move around quickly and clear the porch and just be hell to play against....his goaltender will cherish him i'm sure.

Of course all in due time...lets give him time to blossom.

50 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Yes there is nothing wrong with having a stay at home Dman (because realistically that is what he is) who can skate. It means once he is comfortable in the NHL, in the Flyer's scheme he will move around quickly and clear the porch and just be hell to play against....his goaltender will cherish him i'm sure.

Of course all in due time...lets give him time to blossom.

Oh, I'm willing to give Morin another two years. Let him finish two uninterrupted season's of development and adding much needed weight to his frame slings with strength and muscle. He's going to be a Holy terror when he arrives.

I hope all our prospects will be mentally tough. They are going to be entering and (hopefully) fixing a mess. Dale Tallon often speaks of strength, skill, size, and character, with emphasis on the latter, for his picks.  A lot will be placed on these kids in terms of turning the ship around.  And I am not sure who will be around from the vets to serve as a role model.  My backyard Panthers have Jagr.  I honestly don't see Giroux as mentor.  Maybe I'm wrong...Voracek may be a better father figure. ...but one way or the other, I think a franchise is going to be put in the hands of the youngins. It is long overdue.  I hope they're up to it. But from what I am seeing in Sunrise---it's worth the wait.

Howie

On 1/2/2016 at 8:05 AM, murraycraven said:

I have watched a bunch of the phantoms and he is not ready yet.  A lot to like but he needs time in the AHL.  

Agree with OR that he most likely will fall around a 3/4 type defenseman when all is said and done.

To echo FC: he is not and will never be a Pronger.  Hate that comparison. 

I know....

x.gif

...but i won't tell..................................................

Archived