Game #38 - Canadiens at Flyers - Jan 5 2016 - 7:30 ET

brelic

Meltzer's writeup: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-1516-vs-MTL/45/73738

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 2.11 (29th), Canadiens 2.85 (T-4th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.68 (T-18th), Canadiens 2.45 (12th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 49/55, Canadiens 73/65
Power play efficiency: Flyers 16.4% (27th), Canadiens 18.8% (17th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 77.3% (26th), Canadiens 84.8% (4th)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.1 (12th), Canadiens 31.4 (4th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 32.6 (29th), Canadiens 27.7 (4th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 49.5% (22nd), Canadiens 50.9% (9th)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers

93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White
[24 Matt Read] - 21 Scott Laughton - 20 R.J. Umberger

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
[82 Evgeny Medvedev] 

30 Michal Neuvirth / 35 Steve Mason

Scratches: Matt Read or Evgeny Medvedev (healthy), Luke Schenn (healthy), Brandon Manning (healthy).

Canadiens

67 Max Pacioretty - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 11 Brendan Gallagher
15 Tomas Fleischmann - 51 David Desharnais - 42 Sven Andrighetto or 21 D. Smith-Pelly
43 Daniel Carr - 27 Alex Galchenyuk - 81 Lars Eller
41 Paul Byron - 17 Torrey Mitchell - 32 Brian Flynn

28 Nathan Beaulieu - 76 P.K. Subban
79 Andrei Markov - 26 Jeff Petry
74 Alexei Emelin - 45 Mark Barberio

40 Ben Scrivens
[39 Mike Condon]

Scratches: one of Sven Andrighetto or Devante Smith-Pelly (healthy), Jarred Tinordi (healthy), Greg Pateryn (healthy), Carey Price (IR, right knee), Dale Weise (IR, right hand), Tom Gilbert (IR, lower body).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, brelic said:

Scratches: Matt Read or Evgeny Medvedev (healthy), Luke Schenn (healthy), Brandon Manning (healthy).

Why would they scratch Read and let RJ play????? 

WTF? Scratch Medvedev and let Schultz play??? Who is making the the lineup FC!? That is a top #5 draft pick lineup...not a team trying to make the playoffs lineup!

17 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why would they scratch Read and let RJ play????? 

WTF? Scratch Medvedev and let Schultz play??? Who is making the the lineup FC!? That is a top #5 draft pick lineup...not a team trying to make the playoffs lineup!

Come to the dark side OR. :w00t:  :drool: :hyper:

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Meltzer's writeup: http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-1516-vs-MTL/45/73738

Key team stat comparisons (NHL overall ranking)

Non-shootout goals per game: Flyers 2.11 (29th), Canadiens 2.85 (T-4th)
Non-shootout goals against per game: Flyers 2.68 (T-18th), Canadiens 2.45 (12th)
5-on-5 Goals For/Against Ratio: Flyers 49/55, Canadiens 73/65
Power play efficiency: Flyers 16.4% (27th), Canadiens 18.8% (17th)
Penalty killing efficiency: Flyers 77.3% (26th), Canadiens 84.8% (4th)
Shots per game: Flyers 30.1 (12th), Canadiens 31.4 (4th)
Shots against per game: Flyers 32.6 (29th), Canadiens 27.7 (4th)
Faceoff percentage: Flyers 49.5% (22nd), Canadiens 50.9% (9th)

Projected lineups (subject to change, will be updated)

Flyers

93 Jakub Voracek - 28 Claude Giroux - 17 Wayne Simmonds
12 Michael Raffl - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Brayden Schenn
76 Chris VandeVelde - 78 Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - 25 Ryan White
[24 Matt Read] - 21 Scott Laughton - 20 R.J. Umberger

15 Michael Del Zotto - 3 Radko Gudas
55 Nick Schultz - 32 Mark Streit
23 Brandon Manning - 53 Shayne Gostisbehere 
[82 Evgeny Medvedev] 

30 Michal Neuvirth / 35 Steve Mason

Canadiens

67 Max Pacioretty - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 11 Brendan Gallagher
15 Tomas Fleischmann - 51 David Desharnais - 42 Sven Andrighetto or 21 D. Smith-Pelly
43 Daniel Carr - 27 Alex Galchenyuk - 81 Lars Eller
41 Paul Byron - 17 Torrey Mitchell - 32 Brian Flynn

28 Nathan Beaulieu - 76 P.K. Subban
79 Andrei Markov - 26 Jeff Petry
74 Alexei Emelin - 45 Mark Barberio

40 Ben Scrivens
[39 Mike Condon]

Scratches: one of Sven Andrighetto or Devante Smith-Pelly (healthy), Jarred Tinordi (healthy), Greg Pateryn (healthy), Carey Price (IR, right knee), Dale Weise (IR, right hand), Tom Gilbert (IR, lower body).

Did someone hack Meltzer's column? With the scratches listed, that means Vinnie is on the ice.........Perhaps this is the night of his career ending injury......

10 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

Is Hakstol really playing Manning over Medvedev?

Is Hakstol really playing Schultz over anybody? Not really a Schultz hater but he is the weakest link on this defense. I won't mind seeing Raffl creep a line or 2 lower to where he should be also.

i understand the hate for vinny, but why not at least give him a shot for one game with him centering voracek and simmonds? if that fails, then sit him. at least try to give some spark for the second line.

8 minutes ago, briere48 said:

i understand the hate for vinny, but why not at least give him a shot for one game with him centering voracek and simmonds? if that fails, then sit him. at least try to give some spark for the second line.

LOL!!!!   

reaction 80s lol christmas retro

27 minutes ago, briere48 said:

i dont know what you are laughing about, this offense cant score goals with what we have right now, you have a better plan?

Yeah... to not take your advice and keep sitting Vinny.  he is toast dude.

So let me get this straight....Read has 5G, 7A, and 61 shots and has struggled to find the net in the last 7 games.

Umberger has 0G, 5A, and 25 shots and has struggled to find the net in the last 39 games.

Logic says you sit Read in LA right?

What gives Umberger such a long leash?!?! Has he even been a healthy scratch this year?!?!

12 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

So let me get this straight....Read has 5G, 7A, and 61 shots and has struggled to find the net in the last 7 games.

Umberger has 0G, 5A, and 25 shots and has struggled to find the net in the last 39 games.

Logic says you sit Read in LA right?

What gives Umberger such a long leash?!?! Has he even been a healthy scratch this year?!?!

Did you see Mathews, Puljujarvi, Laine, Juolevi, Tkachuk play at the WJs? All draft eligible. ;)

9 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Did you see Mathews, Puljujarvi, Laine, Juolevi, Tkachuk play at the WJs? All draft eligible. ;)

If we become a "tank on purpose" organization... (cough....PENS....cough) I'm going elsewhere for my sports entertainment!!

(Is the WWF still a thing?!? ) ;)

23 minutes ago, MaineFlyFan said:

If we become a "tank on purpose" organization... (cough....PENS....cough) I'm going elsewhere for my sports entertainment!!

(Is the WWF still a thing?!? ) ;)

Ya, I don't think there's an 'on purpose" thing going on. I'm as befuddled as anyone on some of these choices. 

But I do hope we grab someone of that calibre in the draft. 

16 minutes ago, murraycraven said:

I dont think he can even keep up w/ line-mates at this point.

It's unfortunate that he just doesn't get it. I know that he's got millions of dollars left on the table, but seriously, you've made nearly $100m in your career, plus Tampa will be paying you millions over the next 10 years. Is it really worth it to travel from city to city, show up to practice every day and never play? Maybe to the average person, but to someone like him who has already had a long career? No. Do yourself (and the Flyers) a favour and retire. 

1 minute ago, RJ8812 said:

It's unfortunate that he just doesn't get it. I know that he's got millions of dollars left on the table, but seriously, you've made nearly $100m in your career, plus Tampa will be paying your millions over the next 10 years. Is it really worth it to travel from city to city, show up to practice every day and never play? Maybe to the average person, but to someone like him who has already had a long career? No. Do yourself (and the Flyers) a favour and retire. 

Amen to that.... I don't get it either man.   Such a great career to have it end that way is a shame.  But he is the only one that controls that...  

Just now, murraycraven said:

Amen to that.... I don't get it either man.   Such a great career to have it end that way is a shame.  But he is the only one that controls that...  

Is it his pride and ego that he doesn't want to hurt? Seriously, to me, it takes a lot more pride to look yourself in the mirror and say that you can't do something anymore. Admitting you can't do something is a lot better for your pride then thinking you can and embarrassing yourself every time you try to do it. 

I'm sure Uncle Ed will set you up with a nice desk job (if he wants one) where he can get his money back somehow 

He's not going to retire. He's just not. He thinks he can still play.

I gotta believe the Flyers will either buy him out this summer or retain an equivalent amount of salary to a buyout penalty to get him somewhere else. Please?

What's really amazing is that D'oholmgren is still sitting there with a job in this organization. :mad:

Archived