Boston/vs/Flyers

intheslot

Big win for the Flyers - and it really looks like they are coming together as a squad. Taking the early lead, absorbing the two hits and then coming back for the win is huge.

The obvious glee that they are playing with is a tremendous change from the Berube Years. They look like they're having a lot of fun together.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, radoran said:

The obvious glee that they are playing with is a tremendous change from the Berube Years. They look like they're having a lot of fun together.

I haven't watched enough to notice, but will take your word for it. It's a huge change. Now the challenge becomes how they handle adversity when it inevitably comes. 

Just now, Podein25 said:

I haven't watched enough to notice, but will take your word for it. It's a huge change. Now the challenge becomes how they handle adversity when it inevitably comes. 

Last night was the first game I've watched end-to-end in a while - but it was evident that the demeanor and the overall atmosphere has changed a lot.

Simmonds after the game was talking about the confidence they have on the ice. They don't seem to immediately get down and deflated in the face of adversity (going down 2-1 going into the 3rd, for example).

It will surprise no one that I felt Berube's attitude and coaching was holding the team back. I think the effect Hackstol has had on essentially the same squad is very telling.

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Fun and confidence it is a really winning combination. Getting great goaltending is just the icing on top!

I don't have an issue with them talking about Neuvirth as the MVP for the first half of the season - his play stole some games early and those points (as we've seen in years past) are vital when you come down the playoff stretch.

But I think Mason is the guy they will need to have be the starter. If his game comes together, it'll be more than just icing.

And, of course, having two effective goalies isn't a Bad Thing by any measure :hyper:

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Why was that not considered a deflection???

The Manning play? Ya that was a blown call imho I can't see how that rates 2 minutes. The refs should have some discretion on those DOG, over-the-glass plays.

4 minutes ago, canoli said:

The Manning play? Ya that was a blown call imho I can't see how that rates 2 minutes. The refs should have some discretion on those DOG, over-the-glass plays.

Manning blocked a pass/shot with his stick and the puck went into the crowd. He didn't settle it and play it over the glass. You know it's a bad call when even Olczyk agrees.

18 hours ago, mkscrewy said:

mike milbury had this to say:

Funniest part is you saying, "......Piece of ****....." at the end.

Just the way you said it was priceless! Also, don't give Milbury that much credit.....(small pieces of feces everywhere are offended. :)

14 minutes ago, canoli said:

So Eddie Olzyk hates Flyers' fans? Good for him. But saying it on the air is pretty classless. He's obviously a real professional. Professional what is the question.

That was Mike Milbury not Eddie O.

Question:  does anyone have an explanation for why there were only 4 flyers on the ice for the Bruins first goal?

I got so confused.  Figured they were on a PP and somehow I missed the penalty, but then apparently they weren't.   What happened?  

The NBCSports team caught up on it later on in the broadcast, but they didn't seem to have an explanation either.  

Just curious.  

18 hours ago, RJ8812 said:

I wish Jones would have said more than what he did

I wish Jones would have lead with the left and pulled that fat man's jacket from Kohl's over his head and dropped a few rights on him before sitting back down.  

6 minutes ago, King Knut said:

Question:  does anyone have an explanation for why there were only 4 flyers on the ice for the Bruins first goal?

I got so confused.  Figured they were on a PP and somehow I missed the penalty, but then apparently they weren't.   What happened?  

The NBCSports team caught up on it later on in the broadcast, but they didn't seem to have an explanation either.  

Just curious.  

Really Really bad line change is what I heard....Was at the game so didn't notice at the time.  Does than mean the Bruins technically scored 2 PPGs?

3 minutes ago, Poulin20 said:

Really Really bad line change is what I heard....Was at the game so didn't notice at the time.  Does than mean the Bruins technically scored 2 PPGs?

Well not technically, but effectively.

The Flyers did a great job of staying out of the box for the most part.  They got burned when they did sit, but considering Boston's PP is so strong, I thought they did well being fairly disciplined throughout the game.

It makes me feel better that it was a total snafu though, you know?  Like the game against the wild last week... The goals the Flyers allowed were complete break down mental mistakes.   I'd rather see 2 abberation goals against us  that happen because of random mental mistakes than see even just 1 goal that comes from an inferior system or from just being completely outclassed.   It's easier to not make utterly stupid mistakes in the future than it is to just be a flat out better team.  

2 hours ago, King Knut said:

Just curious.  

Caught in a line change it happens.

Archived