• Stars in 4 (sweep)
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7
    • Wild in 4 (sweep)
    • Wild in 5
    • Wild in 6
    • Wild in 7

All discussion concerning the Stars vs Wild playoff series here.

Schedule:

Thu 4/14, 9:30pm: MIN @ DAL | NBCSN, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Sat 4/16, 8pm: MIN @ DAL | NBCSN, Sporstnet, TVA Sports
Mon 4/18, 8:30pm: DAL @ MIN | NBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports
Wed 4/20, 9:30pm: DAL @ MIN | NBCSN, SN360, TVA Sports
*Fri 4/22, TBD: MIN @ DAL | TBD
*Sun 4/24, TBD: DAL @ MIN | TBD
*Tue 4/26, TBD: MIN @ DAL | TBD

The winner receives the first even Norm Green memorial trophy.

I picked the Stars in five games. When Seguin went down the team actually tightened things up and began playing better. They held off a challenge from the Blues and now Seguin is practicing and vows to come back for game one.

The Wild would need to play a perfect series. I just do not see it.

Gotta go homer pic here and say Wild in 6.

Yup. I said it.

Dallas goaltending AND overall defense is just not playoff caliber.

Granted...the Stars' offense can make up for A LOT of defensive and goaltending gaffes, but I am putting my faith behind the fact that the Wild's layered defensive systems will take advantage of Dallas 'go for broke' offense.

There IS a potential for the Wild to get blown out in any given game in this series. This means they, as mentioned already, need to play their system, and play it damned well! Not much room for error when dealing with the Dallas forwards and offensively gifted D-men.

Dubnyk and the Wild, overall, have not been what you would call playoff caliber to end the season, and yes, they will be entering this series as 'Dogs', but I think they get their schtick together in time to be ready to go.

Oh, and home games WILL play a big factor here.....means Wild are gonna have to steal one in Dallas......

On 4/11/2016 at 0:40 PM, JagerMeister said:

Both teams are the complete antithesis of each other. I don't know whether this will be fun or boring to watch...

Actually, unless one of the teams decides not to "show up to play", Stars-Wild games are VERY exciting.

These games always seem to have a bit of everything: scoring, hitting, outstanding saves (yes, even Lehtonen or Niemi are capable of that on occasion!), chippiness, and lots n LOTS of speed from both sides.

I do agree with the teams being complete opposites, but that 'ying yang' factor is one of the reasons the match ups are usually so intense.

Almost like a battle of wills out there...each team wanting to dictate how the game is played...their way and ONLY their way.

Wild basically want to shut the Stars down and wait for the inevitable bonehead plays on defense and jump on the goalie.....while the Stars want to smash Minnesota to smithereens along the boards and run roughshod on offense.

I just can't fathom the Stars winning this. 

Wild in 6 with or without Parise.

On 4/11/2016 at 11:34 AM, OccamsRazor said:

@hf101

So i wonder if he will suit up for the playoffs.....

Not unless they suffer more injuries imo.

ItsAlive.jpg

The Wild LIVE!!

The hour was darkest when the Stars took a 4-3 lead with less than about 9 minutes to go, but Wild players did not give up (and face it, Niemi simply was NOT particularly good either in this game nor the game his offense bailed him out on in Game 4), and they continued to go at the net and were rewarded with a game tying goal with about 4 min left, then obviously, won it in OT.

Still a steep hill to climb for Minnesota, but given the team's tenacity, and the tendency of these clubs NOT to play as well away from their home arenas (despite the fact Dallas won last time in St. Paul), I gotta say I like the Wild's chances, at the very least, for Game 6.

Question becomes:

Does Dallas stay with Niemi, or do they go back to LetFourIn?

Frankly, I didn't understand the thinking of taking out LetFourIn in the first place.

Sure, he is no SC Cup caliber goalie, but he DID win the first two games for the Stars (and at times even looked brilliant). 

The guy loses Game 3, then all of a sudden he gets yanked in favor of a guy who has looked worse?

Hmm...I say Kari gets back in for Game 6.

Of course, the Wild can REALLY throw a monkey wrench in the thinking works of the Stars if they beat LetFourIn in Game 6.

Wild fans can only dream, eh?

At any rate, before the playoffs started, I had the Wild winning this series. Still not looking good for that prediction, but if that is to come true, then yea, the Wild will be beating LetFourIn, and then whatever combination of he and Niemi they decide to throw out there for Game 7.

But please, Minnesota, DON'T buy into Anotine Roussel's garbage-for-sale, will ya?

And for the love of puck, KEEP AN EYE ON, and don't turn the puck over when the likes of Jamie Benn or Jason Spezza are patrolling out there!

Go Wild GO! :CelebratingSmiley2:

What a crazy finish to the series. Stars up 4-0 going into the third, Wild make it 4-3, then that weird goal by Dallas to make it 5-3, Wild make it 5-4, and then that chance late that was almost over the line.

Dallas is certainly an entertaining team to watch, but they don't have a chance of going deep with the way they play.

9 minutes ago, MadDevil said:

What a crazy finish to the series. Stars up 4-0 going into the third, Wild make it 4-3, then that weird goal by Dallas to make it 5-3, Wild make it 5-4, and then that chance late that was almost over the line.

Dallas is certainly an entertaining team to watch, but they don't have a chance of going deep with the way they play.

Agreed.

I don't think the Stars can be taken seriously until they get a true number one netminder or their defensive structure improves.

Preferably both....well, for Stars fans anyways.

Archived