Schenn re-signed

**CONFIRMED**

6m ago

Flyers sign Schenn to four-year, $20.5M deal

TSN.ca Staff

•  

Brayden Schenn

Brayden Schenn, The Canadian Press

Brayden Schenn has signed a four-year, $20.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers, the team announced Monday.

The 24-year-old Schenn was a restricted free agent, coming off a two-year, $5 million, and was set to go to salary arbitration.

Schenn had 26 goals and 59 points in 80 games for the Flyers last season, both career highs.

For his career, the fifth overall pick in 2009 has 84 goals and 193 points in 354 games

I'm ok with this.  I don't think there is a NMC/NTC with this which is good. Can anyone confirm this?

I think 4 years is just about right.  That would put Schenn in his late 20's by the time the contract expires.

I think this is a very good signing.......

25 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

**CONFIRMED**

6m ago

Flyers sign Schenn to four-year, $20.5M deal

TSN.ca Staff

•  

Brayden Schenn

Brayden Schenn, The Canadian Press

Brayden Schenn has signed a four-year, $20.5 million contract with the Philadelphia Flyers, the team announced Monday.

The 24-year-old Schenn was a restricted free agent, coming off a two-year, $5 million, and was set to go to salary arbitration.

Schenn had 26 goals and 59 points in 80 games for the Flyers last season, both career highs.

For his career, the fifth overall pick in 2009 has 84 goals and 193 points in 354 games

Nice i guessed 5 year 5.25 AAV this is even better!!!

CURRENT CONTRACT
Source: @TimWharnsby 
Cap Hit: $5,125,000
AAV: $5,125,000
Total Value: $20,500,000
Length: 4 years
Type: Standard
Expiry Status: UFA
Find Comparable Contracts 
Buyout this Contract
  Year NHL Salary AHL Salary Performance Bonus Signing Bonus
  2016-17 $6,000,000 $3,000,000
  2017-18 $5,000,000 $2,500,000
  2018-19 $5,000,000 $2,500,000
  2019-20 $4,500,000 $2,500,000

@DaGreatGazoo

Yeah and I just checked https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/flyers and they don't list one either.  As of now the only Giroux / Simmer / and Streit have NMC/NTC with their contracts.  That is good.  Also if the numbers are correct, the Flyers still have $2.2 million of caps space left for an emergency.  Only Manning I think needs to be re-signed.  The Cap space is looking soooooo much better now than it did a few years ago.....  Good Job Hexy! :ok:

19 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I'm ok with this.  I don't think there is a NMC/NTC with this which is good. Can anyone confirm this?

I think 4 years is just about right.  That would put Schenn in his late 20's by the time the contract expires.

I think this is a very good signing.......

You're right.

I don't you'll see anymore handed out from Hexy in his deals going forward i think he has learned the hard way that these things do nothing but handcuff the team.

1 hour ago, sekkes85 said:

Everyone seemed to be thinking it would be right around the $5 mil range.  He needs to show some consistency or he is going to be a punching bag with the fanbase real quick.

agreed.... i think if anything he needs to find some consistency.  Hopefully he finds a home on the top line which should help.

I guess all that is left in Brandon Manning to be resigned more than likely now before his scheduled hearing on August 2nd. Surely he can't be getting too much on a one year deal.

The more I think about this contract, the more I like it. Schenn's point totals  are  trending upwards. His play during the last half of 2015-2016 was deserving of the contract he signed, especially if he carries his play over through the following years. Hopefully, Schenn is happy and motivated, he got 5 million plus and will continue to be surrounded by top six forwards and will get plenty of PP time. What the Flyers got on the other hand was an abbreviated contract, without a NMC/NTC which runs up to the time that they may be forced to sign rather large contracts with their defensive prospects. .The Flyers bought Schenn's  prime playing years without having to extend the contract to 5-8 years, and be stuck with a player past his prime and forced to pay for less than productive years.

2 hours ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Braydon Schenn breakdown: 16-17$3m salary + $3m signing bonus 17-18 $2.5m + $2.5 m sb 18-19 $2,5m + $2,5m sb 19-20 $2m + $2.5 sb

I bet that the hold-up was the signing bonuses 

56 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I guess all that is left in Brandon Manning to be resigned more than likely now before his scheduled hearing on August 2nd. Surely he can't be getting too much on a one year deal.

so basically, there's nothing left for Hextall to do this summer (cause Manning is nothing)

6 minutes ago, RJ8812 said:

so basically, there's nothing left for Hextall to do this summer (cause Manning is nothing)

I wouldn't say he is nothing.

I like him in the lineup over Mcdud be he is ok for a 6th-8th option.

I'm interested to see who is better he or Brennan.

But overall i wouldn't be shocked if the ruling was handed out and Hextall walks away from it now that he has signed Brennan. 

25 minutes ago, DaGreatGazoo said:

Confirmed: Brayden Schenn did not receive trade/move protection in new 4-year deal. Was eligible in final two years.

thanks.... makes me even happier. 

Like @OccamsRazor said.... I think Hexy (the Flyers) have finally learned how evil NTC/NMC can be.

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

I wouldn't say he is nothing.

I like him in the lineup over Mcdud be he is ok for a 6th-8th option.

I'm interested to see who is better he or Brennan.

But overall i wouldn't be shocked if the ruling was handed out and Hextall walks away from it now that he has signed Brennan. 

He's not a better defenseman than MacDonald. Not even close. Everyone hates MacDonald because he's just terribly overpaid

Also, the Flyers won't be able to walk away from Manning's ruling. That's only available to GMs if it's over a certain amount ($3m???)

Archived