Eichel helped off ice in practice

AJgoal

Boy, if this injury lingers for any length of time it could napalm the Sabres' season sooner than later.

O'Reilly dealing with some chronic back issues, Evander Kane usually good for a stint or two on IR, Kyle Okposo dealing with some knee issues, and now this.

Buffalo already was facing a steep uphill battle to be competitive.....these injuries and assorted ailments certainly don't help matters.

Seriously...with these guys in and out of the lineup, where are the goals supposed to come from??

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Boy, if this injury lingers for any length of time it could napalm the Sabres' season sooner than later.

O'Reilly dealing with some chronic back issues, Evander Kane usually good for a stint or two on IR, Kyle Okposo dealing with some knee issues, and now this.

Buffalo already was facing a steep uphill battle to be competitive.....these injuries and assorted ailments certainly don't help matters.

Seriously...with these guys in and out of the lineup, where are the goals supposed to come from??

It looks similar to the Roszival injury a few years back. Hopefully it's nowhere near that bad.

And you forgot Kane's court date later this month.

3 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Looked like he was grabbing his knee to me, not his ankle. 

From the fall it looked like it could be either, but yeah he totally grabbed his knee there. Maybe he just couldn't reach his ankle? 

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

I dunno man, high ankle sprain is terrible. Takes forever to heal. That article says 4 weeks, I bet you it's closer to twice that....

1 minute ago, Podein25 said:

I dunno man, high ankle sprain is terrible. Takes forever to heal. That article says 4 weeks, I bet you it's closer to twice that....

Compared to a break or an MCL/ACL? I'll take the sprain. Not that any of them are good...

1 minute ago, AJgoal said:

Compared to a break or an MCL/ACL? I'll take the sprain. Not that any of them are good...

No, none are good. I'm just saying that at least with a (clean) break or a (minor) ACL tear, the timeline for return is pretty predictable: 4-6 weeks (ok, maybe a break is longer), but there are horror stories of high ankle sprains taking forever to heal and you can't predict. Can take 6 months:

https://leadingedgephysio.com/blog/the-dreaded-high-ankle-sprain/

Just now, Podein25 said:

No, none are good. I'm just saying that at least with a (clean) break or a (minor) ACL tear, the timeline for return is pretty predictable: 4-6 weeks (ok, maybe a break is longer), but there are horror stories of high ankle sprains taking forever to heal and you can't predict. Can take 6 months:

https://leadingedgephysio.com/blog/the-dreaded-high-ankle-sprain/

Lehner took three months last year.

I'm just trying to pull HJ back from the ledge.

3 hours ago, Polaris922 said:

Looked like he was grabbing his knee to me, not his ankle. 

Was just looking at the medical evidence around high ankle sprains. It's really a whole leg thing, not just the ankle. So maybe that's why he's grabbing his knee there?

29 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I am blaming Bylsma or however you spell his name for this.  i have been with this team since 1970!!! I owe him nothing.  I am disgusted by this.  The night before the opener?

I get the frustration, but it's a universal thing to practice that close to games, including the opener. It's just bad circumstances.

19 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I get the frustration, but it's a universal thing to practice that close to games, including the opener. It's just bad circumstances.

No kidding.  Someone is off their meds. 

19 hours ago, hf101 said:

NHL channel says this injury could linger.  "So if that is the case, you do not hurry him back!  You wait 3 months if you have to until he is 100%.  Thanks for tanking our season Bylsma.  Lets see how you can keep us competitive when we have lost the one guy we tanked an entire season to acquire?  I have no idea how they will play.  Montreal has no Price so just looking at one game, they have been terrible when they do not have Price.  But its only one game.  No Eichel means huge loss on our offense.  Sam Reinhart and Okpuso, who also will not play tonight, may be the go to guys along with O'Reilly.  But I would not rush Eichel back.  He is too important.  We are not winning a Stanley Cup this year.  So we must let him get better no matter how long it takes.  If Bylsma can get this team to play well without him, then when he returns it will be a big shot in the arm no matter.  I would consider playing a "Trap" system until he returns.  New jersey Devil hockey?

18 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Thanks for tanking our season Bylsma.  Lets see how you can keep us competitive when we have lost the one guy we tanked an entire season to acquire?  

Still waiting for you to explain how Eichel's injury is the head coaches fault? 

34 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Thanks for tanking our season Bylsma.  Lets see how you can keep us competitive when we have lost the one guy we tanked an entire season to acquire?

How is scheduling a practice in which in one player sustains a freak injury Bylsma's fault?

10 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

How is scheduling a practice in which in one player sustains a freak injury Bylsma's fault?

HJ must feel that the Sabres are so good that they don't need to practice....

Just now, JR Ewing said:

It's not like he was having the team do battle drills and gave his guy a concussion :NinjaLookLeftRight1:

3 hours ago, JR Ewing said:

You do not have your star kid in full contact a day before the season starts.  Had this happened to your team you would be fuming

Archived